• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UBI Wii Exclusive: Babies Party

EverSoTrendy said:
Yeah right, what would be the point? Those games wouldn't even sell on the console, it would just be like last gen, when they were released on the GC.

You mean like where both sold best on the GameCube?

Vieo

Mithos said:
Nintendo seriously needs to make ultimatums.

No Baby games or Dogz games unless you release Prince of Persia or Beyond Good and Evil 2 esc. and quality games.

Didn't Nintendo do stuff like that in the old(NES,SNES(?)) days? It didn't work out so well when a viable alternative to their console hit the market.

Spotless Mind said:
That's not sad at all. :D

It's sad to Wii gamers.

I own a PS3. *dances*

nightside

Vieo said:
Didn't Nintendo do stuff like that in the old(NES,SNES(?)) days? It didn't work out so well when a viable alternative to their console hit the market.

yeah...would be terrible to see babyz and petz on ps360 instead of wii....

Avrum

witness said:
Just give me fucking Red Steel 2 no matter how mediocre it is instead of this shit.

I'd rather have a good Red Steel 2. I don't want something from them that could be mediocre just to break up the field of the crap they're tossing out there. With that, I'd rather pass over all that crap than giving them anymore of my money. (well, I haven't given them any money since No More Heroes and that's only because they published the game, before that it was Red Steel)

Between this crapshoot of Ubi's and Midway glowing with the success of Game Party and promising more it's all I can do to simply expect to keep on ignoring them for the near if not distant future.

Kind of fucked up that at times this gen a Nintendo console has so much more third party support and yet still feels like the doldrums for software releases like those other past consoles had. Nintendo can't do all of this alone and a lot of third parties don't seem to even be trying to broaden what they can do on the platform. If they're hoping to follow Nintendo's lead to success, they've analyzed the situation entirely wrong.

Threi said:
where else should they put babyz and petz then?

toilet-house2.jpg

Alphahawk

The IGN preview is gold

IGN said:
We got a chance to try out Red Light, Green Light, which involved shaking the Wii Remote back and forth as fast as possible, then holding still when the babysitter (curiously dressed as a lion) turned around. F we got caught, we were sent back a few steps. It's pretty much exactly how we remember playing it in kindergarten, except our babysitter usually dressed up as an alligator.

Threi

notag
Amir0x said:
Shitty game gets shitty sequel, all is forgiven?
[nostradameus]actually i think it will be better than the first, not absolute shit, but not great either. 6-7ish.[/nostradameus]

RBH

With the announcements of Babies Party and Dogz, Ubisoft has clearly shown today that they are at the forefront when it comes to third-party development for the Nintendo Wii® gaming system.

kbear

underfooter said:
I wonder if, and when, Red Steel 2 is revealed it will make up for all of this.
Red Steel 2 would make up for Prince of Persia Prodigy and Beyond Good & Evil 2? Didn't Red Steel get mixed reviews?

People do buy a lot of junk on the Wii but the stuff that tries to cater to casual gamers and has some effort put into it sells.

Edit: I'm not defending this game though. Just casually replying to those who say this is what the Wii demographic will buy.

FtsH

see, this is why nintendo needs to emphysize Wii has NO casual game and all Wii players are hardcore gamers! Ubi, nintendo said this especially for you! You shall listen :lol

Amir0x

Banned
Threi said:
[nostradameus]actually i think it will be better than the first, not absolute shit, but not great either. 6-7ish.[/nostradameus]

Maybe!

I just hope they make another Dojo of Pain, I got a free signed copy of Red Steel soundtrack out of that. Plus I won a DS Lite

GhaleonQ

This is almost unspeakably lowbrow. This is below Lifetime and Oprah, below adult contempoary radio, below below the worst romantic comedy. Ugh.

Neomoto

:lol It gets even worse?! I thought it was a parody thread where the babies where GAFfers crying about Ubisoft. But then I saw the screens, there are no words. I just boggles the mind that they continue to go this route. Ubisoft on Wii is dead to me.

wow, Ubisoft, boy am I glad that I don't purchase your games to fund this shit.

I own a PS3 in addition to my Wii, so I don't mind so much. But I await Animal Crossing and LBP for all my fun later on this year.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
It's times like this I'm glad I kept my 360 alongside the Wii.

What the hell Ubisoft? Aren't you supposed to be appealing to a wider demographic with your games from now on? I can't even imagine the kind of people who'd want to play this, let alone at a party.

Akai

What bothers me the most is it's as if Ubisoft is reading GAF right before they make these announcements...

Ubisoft Guy: Okay we have plans to show off Dogz 2008, how's the mood of GAF Nintendo fans today?
Ubisoft Guy 2: Not good! Wario Land Shake and a new Rhythm Tengoku were announced! What should we do!?
Ubisoft Guy: ......Put out Party Babyz too...

It's an instant flaccid to what was an awesome morning... =|

Pimpbaa

What's the problem? The industry needs more games like this that are aimed at the female demographic. We have a game where you take care of babies, another that is a cooking game, and I'm sure there are lots of games that teach you how to look pretty. All bases are covered here. *runs*

later

The funny (sad) thing is, nintendo wants these types of games from the company:

Recently Ubisoft received a lot of praise from Nintendo for their My Word Coach title. Specifically, Reggie Fils-Aime said, "You got it. You guys got exactly the type of game we want for this machine." And Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo, went so far as to treat the Ubisoft team as an internal developer, sharing game design philosophies for the DS and Wii.

Mithos

Vieo said:

Well Nintendo needs to do SOMETHING...

Either they start BUYING studios, and or IP's, or they 100% fuck up other studios games by releasing a better version same week.

Akai

Exempted said:
My Word Coach is on a whole different level from this,.

My Word Coach was a unique title that actually had some effort put into it...This is...This is just an abomination...

Metal B

EverSoTrendy said:
Yeah right, what would be the point? Those games wouldn't even sell on the console, it would just be like last gen, when they were released on the GC.

No, becauce this time the Wii is the fucking leading plattform!

Top Bottom