• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft confirms that Rainbow Six: Siege will NOT feature a single-player campaign

I am like 95% sure the game spawns terrorists outside the house once you blow up the doorway. Just feels cheap to have them come out of an area that they clearly werent in a few seconds ago.

What a damn shame what this franchise is coming to after the fantastic Rainbow Six Vegas. Im a huge fan and i wont be buying. Its unacceptable to me to buy a 60$ game with only a bare-bone MP with 10 maps and an average coop. Terrorist hurt isn't as fun as it was in Vegas, AI is stupid as hell. So disappointed. How the mighty have fallen.

Akronis

What a damn shame what this franchise is coming to after the fantastic Rainbow Six Vegas. Im a huge fan and i wont be buying. Its unacceptable to me to buy a 60$ game with only a bare-bone MP with 10 maps and an average coop. Terrorist hurt isn't as fun as it was in Vegas, AI is stupid as hell. So disappointed. How the mighty have fallen.

Ubisoft gonna Ubisoft.

Blame it on so many people who don't bother with single player and just go into MP. They probably saw the numbers/stats and decided it wasn't worth investing in a single player.

Blame it on so many people who don't bother with single player and just go into MP. They probably saw the numbers/stats and decided it wasn't worth investing in a single player.

Then how is it that with that mode completely left out of the game, i still only get 10 maps and a shitty AI for coop? Seems to me like this is not a very good team working on this game. Definitely not the same one as the one who worked on Vegas.

Kssio_Aug

Me, as a main Single Player camaping player, honestly don't see the issue with some games being released only with MP.

Lets be honest here... People who do not enjoy MP don't even bother buying Call of Duty or Battlefield for example. And those who enjoy MP do not buy these said games for the campaing, since theyre mostly shit and was added just to fill that "requirement".

If they intend to release a game with a trully good campaing and MP, that is awesome! But if they intend to make a MP focused game, please, don't waste resources with a forgettable and totally uninteresting single player mode just to say the game is shipping with both contents.

I confess I'm not aware of their plans to the MP though.

In terms of what? There are some differences (no doors, not third person cover system, etc) but it's still very much the same fun (with frimds or strangers) and very exciting imo. Or are you just talking about ai? And you can probably choose the number of terrorists in the final game. Allready about 30 of them in a level, or not?

I guess its just the map size. in vegas you start at one point and progress through a pretty large map. And it just feels more like a co-op adventure. (if that makes sense)

with siege, it just felt quick. get in 5-10mins later mission complete

Idk if im explaining this properly

Me, as a main Single Player camaping player, honestly don't see the issue with some games being released only with MP.

Lets be honest here... People who do not enjoy MP don't even bother buying Call of Duty or Battlefield for example. And those who enjoy MP do not buy these said games for the campaing, since theyre mostly shit and was added just to fill that "requirement".

If they intend to release a game with a trully good campaing and MP, that is awesome! But if they intend to make a MP focused game, please, don't waste resources with a forgettable and totally uninteresting single player mode just to say the game is shipping with both contents.

I confess I'm not aware of their plans to the MP though.

I dont have a problem either, but the price should also reflect that and i dont mean 10$ less. If im going to pay full price for a MP only game, then i rather have the whole package. Why would i even bother paying otherwise. I feel like im getting half a game and im paying the same price that im buying Halo5 for and that has everything but the kitchen sink. Not acceptable.

Edit: And more importantly, im getting a half that isnt even that good. AI is terrible in terrorist hunt, graphics are meh on console, 10 MP maps... Wheres all the content if they dont have to concentrate on a SP component?

I guess its just the map size. in vegas you start at one point and progress through a pretty large map. And it just feels more like a co-op adventure. (if that makes sense)

with siege, it just felt quick. get in 5-10mins later mission complete

Idk if im explaining this properly
Ah right. Yeah i hope there will be bigger maps too. Now it's basicly the size of "the villa". But there were much bigger mapsizes in the Vegas Thunt games. We've seen three maps now, right? They should have bigger maps. I agree.

I'd have a hard time believing the Rainbow Six audience cares more about multiplayer than campaigns, by the numbers. I find it easy to believe that Ubi would like for that to be the case though.

Kssio_Aug

I dont have a problem either, but the price should also reflect that and i dont mean 10$ less. If im going to pay full price for a MP only game, then i rather have the whole package. Why would i even bother paying otherwise. I feel like im getting half a game and im paying the same price that im buying Halo5 for and that has everything but the kitchen sink. Not acceptable.

Edit: And more importantly, im getting a half that isnt even that good. AI is terrible in terrorist hunt, graphics are meh on console, 10 MP maps... Wheres all the content if they dont have to concentrate on a SP component?

Yeah, but I think if we go by Halo 5 we will have only frustration. I can't think of many popular games that has a top notch campaing and multiplayer as Halo does. Most of them focus on the SP experience with a forgettable MP mode, or the opposite way.

I mean, they definitely could ship it with a decent campaing and add value to it. But I'd rather to see them focusing in a special MP mode, that's really fun to play, and that would be enough for me to pay full price. Just like it seems Dice is doing with Star Wars Battlefront (it seems an awesome MP game to play, what imo is perfectly fine to sell for 60 dollars as long as it has enough content for its price).

Problem is that I'm not aware of Rainbow Six news. So I honestly have no idea if the game feels good enough for a MP only game... if that's not the case, yeah, you're totally right to complain, besides the issue is actually beyond it not shipping with a SP mode (after all, the big issue is the MP not being even as good as it should).

Timu

In terms of what? There are some differences (no doors, not third person cover system, etc) but it's still very much the same fun (with frimds or strangers) and very exciting imo. Or are you just talking about ai? And you can probably choose the number of terrorists in the final game. Allready about 30 of them in a level, or not?
Yeah it's 30.

Qassim

I was under the impression it was a multiplayer game from the start. I'm surprised that there are people that are still surprised by this news.

Kiant

Well, there's another 3 Ubisoft episodes for Jimquisition right there. I was starting to get tired of the Konami ones.

Lol not having a SP campaign is not a controversy. Plenty of games do it. Ubisoft have been pretty clear with the advertising of this game. The focus has been heavily on PvP and co-op. Why would you think any different?

Ushay

Jesus, why is the industry moving towards this new model of either its a colossal single player game with no multiplayer, or its a well designed multiplayer game with no single player element.

Examples

Titanfall - Multi Only
Rainbow Six - Multi Only
Star Wars Battlefront - Multi Only
Fable Legends - Multi Only

It's a worrying trend. Man, Rainbow Six had some of the sickest campaigns, I loved the planning and rostering stage of these games.

I'm out.

The single player campaign is a dying breed, it seems

Nahh, it's bcome its own thing with games like Witcher, Fallout and Dragon Age.

I dont mind multiplayer only games, but I have enough of them to play such as Evolve, Titanfall, and Battlefront. I really dont need to add another to the mix.

I may pass on this until it gets a price drop.

I don't mind multiplayer only games as long as there is a lot of content.
3 game modes and 11 maps is not enough content for MP Only game.

Top Bottom