• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft is Giving Away AC IV: Black Flag and World in Conflict for Free (PC)

Estocolmo

World in Conflict is a fantastic strategy game, had a wonderful time playing that game 2007-2010. Dont know if its even playable online anymore, sold my PC for a Mac many years ago.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I’ve been waiting to play Black Flag, now might be a good time. Thanks Ubisoft.

Pejo

Black Flag is the best AC to date.

I feel like Rogue was a better game (less tailing missions) but the aesthetic and location wasn't nearly as good.

Either way, they're #1 and #2 in the series for me personally, and this is awesome for anyone with a gaming capable PC.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i am so deep in ubisoft hate i cant even care to download it for free xD

AtlAntA

Black flag has some technical problems on pc iirc. Framerate is locked at 30 (or 60, not completely sure) and there is some really annoying micro stutter going on.

The ps4 version runs better then the pc version on a 1080 Ti and a 6700k.

Black flag has some technical problems on pc iirc. Framerate is locked at 30 (or 60, not completely sure) and there is some really annoying micro stutter going on.

Not a single letter is true in this post.

Vitacat

Yes it is. Don't do silly drive by posts without actually commenting.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1690311-AC-Black-Flag-stuttering-problem-Forums

Wow, that's too bad. But hey, free is free. For people who actually bought it, though, that's a shame it has such hiccups on powerful hardware.

Reading thru that thread, I wonder if this is effective:

Simple fix for me on Windows 10 was to change the two exe files to Windows 7 compatibility. They are AC4BFMP and AC4BFSP exe files.

AtlAntA

Wow, that's too bad. But hey, free is free. For people who actually bought it, though, that's a shame it has such hiccups on powerful hardware.

Reading thru that thread, I wonder if this is effective:

Sadly it didn't work on my system. I played through black flag 3.5 times on my ps4 and i wanted to do another on my pc with gsync for a buttery smooth experience. Sadly i was a bit disappointed.

A.Romero

How is Uplay? Is it intrusive or malicious?

I've used it for a long time without any issues. It doesn't have as many features as Steam but it gets the job done.

Personally I have no problem using different online stores/clients (I just avoid Windows Store) so YMMV

SaberEdge

Ive played both versions and the PC version is definitely superior. It looks much better and it runs better. I played it on a Gsync monitor and I'm not sure about the stutter you're referring to.

Ive played both versions and the PC version is definitely superior. It looks much better and it runs better. I played it on a Gsync monitor and I'm not sure about the stutter you're referring to.

Theres no stutter. I know dozens of people that played it at release, no issues. I've since played it on three different upgraded computers and a laptop. Not one single problem. If there are such issues, they are case by case - its not a general thing. Stuff that happens with computers.

Does it fook lol

Setsuna

It was the only good AC game until now. It's now the best AC game along with Origins.

Wtf no it wasn't. Its like you people forgot all of the trailing missions in the game

Its kind of hilarious, that the one Assassins creed game that has most of if not all the mechanics that people ''hate'' in the series. Somehow became the most highly regarded in the series

Espada

Whoa, definitely made a note of the date for Black Flag. I've been looking to play that game for a while, it makes me happy I didn't buy it during the latest Steam Autumn sale.

Kadayi

Banned
Never played WiC, but really enjoyed Black Flag. I definitely recommend it just for the pirating stuff. Good times.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I remember when world of conflict came out and was one of the first DX10 game.
It had a cool nuke explosion to.
Black flag aint worth my time.

base

Banned
Something like that yeah.

Edward is the best protagonist tho, no contest.

I liked Edward pretty much. How he became an assassin, getting his robes, etc. Just like Ezio.

I'm really disappointed that Ubi never released any 4k patch for AC Black Flag for PS4 Pro. PC version looks much better than the console version.

Espada

It says it's available for free on the 12th, but I was able to download it (for free) just now. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Vitacat

Great, dling now. Curious to try this.

UPDATE: wow, this runs badly. Glad I didn't pay for it. Seems like a nice game under the performance mess.

Top Bottom