• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Montreal bringing Tetris to next-gen consoles

Nothing beats the Grandmaster series. I'm really pissed that those games have essentially outlawed by the Tetris Company because it doesn't follow their shitty rule set. The closest thing you have is "Radical" mode, which does 20G tetris, but the lock times and rotation are still easy mode.

Even though it probably won't be mindblowing, I will definitely pick this up.
This is not true; Henk Rodgers has gone on the record saying he has no problems with TGM. What appears to have happened is that Sega blocked TGM4's release on their hardware in favor of their own Tetris game, and Mihara took it the wrong way and jumped onto the crazy train.

EA lost the console Tetris licence?
Yeah this I'm wondering about too.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Jeez Wii U can't even get Tetris, I mean yeah skip the company that made it a worldwide phenomenon. LOL

This is not port begging, just an observation

dr-luigi-walkthrough-640x325.jpg

They don't need it.

Hermii

I bet they will set a new record in team size for a tetris game. There will be lots of names in the credits.

Nymphae

Banned
This is not true; Henk Rodgers has gone on the record saying he has no problems with TGM. What appears to have happened is that Sega blocked TGM4's release on their hardware in favor of their own Tetris game, and Mihara took it the wrong way and jumped onto the crazy train.

So is it possible we'll ever see a true TGM game released over here? I heard ACE for 360 was garbage, I've never tried it though.

Best tetris is this tetris machine my mom bought from russia when i was something like 10. Before that I had only played basic tetris, but this had difficulty levels new kind of blocks and stuff. Never have I played as good tetris game.
Lumines is visually very good, but I am not fan of puzzle games now-days.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Better be 60fps or I want nothing to do with it.

Strax

Man, I hope they have classic Tetris and then have 100 different modes that are crazy and all have diffrent designers.

While we're on the subject of Tetris, how was the 3DS version of it? I remember the DS version being amazing.
It's serviceable, not fantastic like the DS one, and a few of the modes were definitely interesting. At a budget price of $10-$15, sure, why not.

Mecha

I don't have high hopes for a new Tetris game, but if it has something that simulates TGM I might enjoy it.

Tain

Nothing is the same now without Arika. Tetris is an Arika game, now and forever.

I'll let Puyo Puyo Tetris slide though.

So is it possible we'll ever see a true TGM game released over here? I heard ACE for 360 was garbage, I've never tried it though.
Mihara once tried to hold development of TGM ransom until all development and distribution of fan-made clones stopped, so I doubt it. I think he blames Westerners for losing the ability to publish TGM4 basically, lol

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I will laugh so hard when this comes out and has DLC and a season pass.

Tain

^ but it was already bested a year before its release by TGM3!

Mihara once tried to hold development of TGM ransom until all development and distribution of fan-made clones stopped, so I doubt it. I think he blames Westerners for losing the ability to publish TGM4 basically, lol

Weren't the biggest clones Japanese, too?

Top Bottom