• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft Montreal bringing Tetris to next-gen consoles

Platy

Can we please start calling "this gen" ? =P

Also, missing portable consoles is a HUGE problem, even with vita and 3ds already having some kind of tetris

Chabbles

D, de de dee, de de dee, de de dee, de de dee, d d d de, de. de. dee. Deeee,
D!, DE! DEE!, D! D! DE!, D! DE!, D D DEEE!, D! D! DE!, DE! DE!, DEEE!, DEEEEE!

Still got this on the OG Gameboy. Ill be fully expecting an upgrade option.

Phades

LOL @ these DLC and Season Pass jokes. Would not be surprised.

Naw man, it is all about the microtransactions.

Not getting the long straight piece? It can be yours for $0.99. 10 pack bundle $7.99. 50 pack bundle (best value) $45.00. Grand bundle (200 units) $100.00 .

Animal

Banned
As one of the developers that worked on several Tetris titles for EA accross several platforms I am quite surprised that Ubisoft now has taken over the reigns. I had no idea.

Also little known secret outside the competitive Tetris world:
The best version of Tetris is actually Tetris Revolution developed for mobile phones and ported to PSP Go with the help of A2M. Amazing game modes and liquide smooth controls. It is also the first Tetris title with TTC certified track ball controls for competition on blackberry and older android devices.

phants

Players who pre-order TETRIS® at GameStop will get exclusive access to the L-Piece™.

pro-tier sir, pro-tier.

As regards this new game? I'll bite; love me some Tetris. Spent hundreds of hours on the Game Boy version over the years (I can still hum the various tunes on demand, heh.)

EA lost the console Tetris licence?
Yeah this I'm wondering about too.

It looks like it. Searching Tetris returns 0 game results in both NA and EU regions on PSN:
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/search/q=tetris
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/search/q=tetris

8LCI1mT.jpg

That would not explain the terrible PS3 Tetris game.

6-player versus was great, even if the other players were pre-recorded.

Eusis

Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft
I think I hate the PR asshole who thought it was a great idea mandating this be thrown in PR releases that mention Xbox One.

Anyways I wonder what this means for Sega's Puyo Puyo Tetris game. Hopefully that can be brought over one way or another rather than stranded in Japan.

SentryDown

Tetris is probably one of my favorite game ever, so I'm pretty excited about this, even if I would prefer a Vita version. I hope they'll have good ideas to make differents modes and additionnal content, in 30 years of existence, Tetris had multiples adaptation and fun ideas (especially coming from amateur

Aaaand of course it's busted.

Got it on PS4 last night, finally managed to get into an online game, then watched as one of the other player's screen got filled and stayed that way without losing for about 3 minutes.

Tetris. Ubisoft managed to muck up Tetris.

Sigh.

bryehn

Disclaimer: The worst issues seems to be exclusive to the PS4
http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/12/17/what-the-heck-is-wrong-with-tetris-ps4

Holy god. I remember playing the original NES, Game Boy and Ti-85 calculator versions. They were perfect.
I would take straight ports of any of those over this... thing Ubisoft seems to have released.

Actually I'll just take the NES version. No frills, best music.

I played t on X1 today and had no issues at all. I really like the music in this one too.

GamerJM

Banned
How do you fuck up a game that's playable on calculators?

I feel bad for non-importers who don't get to experience the gloriousness that is Puyo Puyo Tetris and instead have to endure.....this.

Green Yoshi

1080p and 60 fps confirmed? ;-)

EDIT: Nervmind. The people behind Unity seem to have developed the PS4-version. I hope there will a 40 GB patch in a few weeks.

I played t on X1 today and had no issues at all. I really like the music in this one too.

Yep, my daughter and I have been playing for almost an hour now and it's fine. Not a fan of the right stick input required for the UI nor the smallish wells even when four players are on-screen at once, but it's a fine version of Tetris. Still would have preferred a Stateside release of the Puyo Puyo×Tetris game, but it's a more than serviceable version.

deeptech

Top Bottom