• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft promise a Wii U exclusive Rayman Legends demo.

Frodo

Ubi would have to pay for advertising twice (lol, Ubisoft seriously advertising Rayman) and the poor PS360 players which don't have a WiiU would have to buy a late port, this is something you can only do to Nintendo consoles

So sad. :[

farnham

Banned
Ubi would have to pay for advertising twice (lol, Ubisoft seriously advertising Rayman) and the poor PS360 players which don't have a WiiU would have to buy a late port, this is something you can only do to Nintendo consoles

i seriously think third parties do not consider nintendo as a serious platformholder anymore but rather as someone that they can throw a bone once in a while and if it sticks exploit (and release on MS and Sony consoles) and if not just abandon.

However It hink Nintendo has brought themselves to that position. They should have aggressively bought companies when there were cheap ones available on the market.

nowai

But people buy late ports all the time. I am primarily a PC and vita player, so I am very used to late ports. Hell, I even bought Origins on both PC and vita. Both late ports, but both highly enjoyable.

That is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

You are trying to argue that Ubisoft did not willingly just fuck over the team. The only thing relevant to that is that Ubisoft is force a delay on the game that they were debating over delaying all while they had the team on crunch.

That is willingly fucking them over.

They are now having the team go back and go through the trouble of porting and redesigning the game around two systems that do not have the same features held by the console in which the game was designed around.

That is willingly fucking them over.

They are now delaying the game to a time when the game is pretty much boned and there's nothing the dev team can do about it.

THAT IS WILLINGLY FUCKING THEM OVER.

Don't bother. This guy has been going out of his way to defend Ubisoft for this "business move" the entire time.

Doesn't make sense? Doesn't matter! It's business! Pisses off a fanbase who's ready to purchase the game? Doesn't matter! It's business! Fucking over the dev team who's acknowledged it's bullshit? Doesn't matter! It's business!

Most of us understand that despite this being a business decision or otherwise, it's an asshole move to both your dev team and your fanbase.

BUBUBUTBUBUT IT'S BUSINESS

Why not just simply release Rayman Legends for Wii U as planned and then 360/ps3 on september as everyone expected it would be, and everybody would be happy. Nobody is going to buy Rayman Legends for Wii U at the same time as PS3/360 releases, just compare Wii U multipat sales with exclusive ones.

Neiteio

Oh man, I would pay money to see the reactions if Ubisoft delayed this WiiU demo in the 11th hour in order to prepare a PS3/360 demo, as well. XD

This is one game that lost a sale with me. I was planning to get this to play with my nieces and nephews but this is just ridiculous. Big time slap in the face. In matter of fact, im deleting the Rayman Legends demo I currently have installed. I hope GTA5 and all the big guns this holiday seasons buries them alive.

Nairume

Banned
However It hink Nintendo has brought themselves to that position. They should have aggressively bought companies when there were cheap ones available on the market.
Buying developers doesn't work that well when you don't have any way of ensuring that you can keep the actual talent in the studio.

I don't get the advertising twice argument. Nintendo already featured the game prominently at events and it's the only game demo at must kiosks. Nintendo already did more marketing for the game than Ubisoft would ever had done for it so just release the damn game Ubisoft...

Hoodbury

Oh man, I would pay money to see the reactions if Ubisoft delayed this WiiU demo in the 11th hour in order to prepare a PS3/360 demo, as well. XD

It would only be even more classic if they did a stealth Facebook change and made their message this:
"We are working with the development team to provide you with a new, timed exclusive demo for the Wii U soon. Stay tuned for more."

Vdragoon

oh jesus, this whole thing is a gong show. it's so funny and sad at the same time.
not_awesome_smiley.png

farnham

Banned
the only thing that puzzles me is that UBI hasnt just outright cancelled the WiiU version
Buying developers doesn't work that well when you don't have any way of ensuring that you can keep the actual talent in the studio.

you can by being a solvent employee that doesnt go bankrupt like THQ, Eidos, Midway etc did or were in danger to be

sure some people will leave but thats always the case with companies.

Nairume

Banned
Don't bother. This guy has been going out of his way to defend Ubisoft for this "business move" the entire time.

Doesn't make sense? Doesn't matter! It's business! Pisses off a fanbase who's ready to purchase the game? Doesn't matter! It's business! Fucking over the dev team who's acknowledged it's bullshit? Doesn't matter! It's business!

Most of us understand that despite this being a business decision or otherwise, it's an asshole move to both your dev team and your fanbase.

I suppose this is a file photo of baconsammy

1862544845_cd72887c04.jpg

Zero148

Why not just simply release Rayman Legends for Wii U as planned and then 360/ps3 on september as everyone expected it would be, and everybody would be happy. Nobody is going to buy Rayman Legends for Wii U at the same time as PS3/360 releases, just compare Wii U multipat sales with exclusive ones.

I will buy Rayman on the WiiU and not for my 360. I want the 5 player Murphy multiplayer

edit:
but after the whole interesting news yesterday propably second hand

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Wow, that's so generous!

Now I feel kinda embarrassed for giving them grief about the delay. :(

This news pisses me off as a 360 owner, it's not fair that Wii U owners get an exclusive demo.
I own both for the record

What's fake Reggie?

360 had plenty of exclusive or timed exclusive demos and dlc. Sucks that one side gets left out or two in some cases.

Shahadan

What were the other instances of a game selling LESS multiplatform than on one single machine? Because that's what is going to happen here.

MisterHero

Now I want Baconsammy to reconcile his stance in another thread that Nintendo remaking Wind Waker is lazy while Ubi-soft screwing their developers is good business.

He doesn't have to do that, I don't fucking care

farnham

Banned
Now I want Baconsammy to reconcile his stance in another thread that Nintendo remaking Wind Waker is lazy while Ubi-soft screwing their developers is good business.

i dont really understand why he buys wiiu day one when he hates everything around it so much (or why he didnt sell it yet)

just sticking with ps360 and buying ps4 and 720 when they launch would be the better option for him.

Schnozberry

Seriously, why not just do a soft launch on the eShop? Charge full price, don't do any retail marketing, and let Nintendo avertise it there. You don't even need to sell retail copies until September if you don't want to. Seems bizarre to hold it back when it's done, and then release it to die a slow death in September with GTA V and likely Wind Waker HD.

Frodo

Guiz... Guiz.... Guiz!
What if Ubisoft is purposely delaying the Wii U game so there's absolutely no chance it will sell more than on the HD twins so Ubisoft has an excuse to not develop any more games for the Wii U?

Makes just as sense as Ubisoft latest decisions.

Fistwell

UBISOFT said:
We have a pipeline of games of very high quality, erhm... decent stuff... shit, maybe something cute? Erh, fuck it... we have effin table scraps coming on that machine, like an EXcLUSIVE
demo of
Rayman Legends, which makes fantastic use of what the machine can do
Promise KEPT! Ubisoft DELIVERS! WOOOOOOO! Camembert for everyone bitches!!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
It's like he is doing this as a direct punishment for the dev team expressing sorrow at their lot.

Tomorrow:

"Eh? Didn't care for the leopard in the lavatory? Beyond Good & Evil 2 skeletal animation proof of concept executable package, fully lit and rigged, on my desk by 5:30! GUARDS! TO THE CODE DUNGEON WITH HIM!"

Hero

He won't. He will always take whatever stance paints Nintendo in a bad light. Nintendo makes an HD version of a 10 year old game is lazy when Sony and MS have done it for a while now. He probably nutted over Halo CEA.

Scum

It's like he is doing this as a direct punishment for the dev team expressing sorrow at their lot.

Tomorrow:

"Eh? Didn't care for the leopard in the lavatory? Beyond Good & Evil 2 skeletal animation proof of concept executable package, fully lit and rigged, on my desk by 5:30! GUARDS! TO THE CODE DUNGEON WITH HIM!"

5YRcF.gif

some mod please change the title to the fake Reggie twit: Exclusive Wii U RL Demo; this whole stunt with RL is going to be remembered for years.

Le-mo

Hey, if 360 and PS3 owners make enough fuss about this UBI will also delay the demo and release it on the same day for all consoles.

On what planet are those two things remotely similar? Wow.

Hey, if 360 and PS3 owners make enough fuss about this UBI will also delay the demo and release it on the same day for all consoles.

You'll be hard pressed to find many of them that care about this situation.

mclem

Not the developers fault but fu ubisoft

I wonder *how* annoyed the developers are.

I recall having a demo for Robocod on the PC that included the first level... but due to an oversight, the cheat mode available in the first level (collecting the first five items as Cake, Hammer, Earth, Apple, Tap) was left in, which in turn opened up every other level.

I'm sure that oversight wasn't done by angry developers who were annoyed that their game was postponed close to release, of course.

It would be great if Ubi has been trolling us and they release it in Feb.

"We listen to our customers and have decided to honor the games previous release date"

Hey, I can dream, right?

Gadirok

Wow, ahahaha.

A delay for about 7 months and all wii-U owners get is a demo!

Ubisoft should do stand up comedy. Thats just ice cold.

jercruz

might as well provide it to other platforms. share the love.

i have no issue with it being multi, thats all good. its the unnecessary wii u delay i hate.

Zero148

thousands of WiiU owners: "release the game in february as planned Ubisoft, going multi is ok but give us the finished game as planned"

Ubisoft: "nope, here take a exclusive demo"

one day later

a few PS360 owners: "Ubisoft, we want the demo too"

Ubisoft: "no problem, WiiU will get an exclusive demo as planned, but PS360 will get an extended Demo a week earlier, Ubisoft follows the wishes of their fans"

GC|Simon

Ubisoft said:
Thanks for all your feedback regarding Rayman Legends in all of its forms. We have heard you and we will continue to listen. We understand your frustration and that you want to get your hands on the game.

We are working with the development team to provide you with a new, exclusive demo for the Wii U soon. Stay tuned for more.

Uhm... no.

Nairume

Banned
i dont really understand why he buys wiiu day one when he hates everything around it so much (or why he didnt sell it yet)
There are people on this form that used to buy games just to throw them in the trash.

This hobby is full of stupid crazy people that make poor purchasing decisions.

Deband

Thanks Ubisoft, you're so awesome. Hope there's 7 months of play in the demo or I'll have forgot about this game though.

On what planet are those two things remotely similar? Wow.

You'll be hard pressed to find many of them that care about this situation.

I'm assuming the quote below was based off direct feedback they received.

When we saw all the comments when we announced the game would be focused on Wii U, all of the people that have both the PlayStation 3 and 360 were really disappointed,

I've never been so annoyed that I'd actively argue to insist a company let me give them more money for the game than I would otherwise pay. I doubt anything is going to change the decision now though.

Dave Long

Banned
thousands of WiiU owners: "release the game in february as planned Ubisoft, going multi is ok but give us the finished game as planned"

Ubisoft: "nope, here take a exclusive demo"

one day later

a few PS360 owners: "Ubisoft, we want the demo too"

Ubisoft: "no problem, WiiU will get an exclusive demo as planned, but PS360 will get an extended Demo a week earlier, Ubisoft follows the wishes of their fans"

This scenario sounds completely plausible. Seriously.

Top Bottom