• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft started removing The Crew from user accounts

Dr.Morris79

And they think any game after this shit is a viable purchase

m2iqrRU.gif

ZoukGalaxy

Hello folks:
"I dont see the problem of digital"
"I'm too lazy to change disc"
"Disc are only a key anyway" (which is an urban legend)
"I trust big corporations"
"What year it is for disc"
"Digital is less expensive" (wrong)
"Digital is eco friendly" (my ass, running server 24/7)
"Digital is more convenient"
"I don't see the problem of owning nothing, who cares about preservation"
"Digital saves you from robbery"
"Digital saves you from disc rot" (which is an urban legend since it doesn't affect BLURAYs which are fundamentally physically very different DVDs and CDs)
"Digital saves you from cancer"
"Digital is the meaning of life"
Etc... bla bla bla
Cat Sunglasses GIF

Enjoy your digital future baby 💖😻💖
Cat Reaction GIF

Last edited:

drotahorror

Hello folks:
"I dont see the problem of digital"
"I'm too lazy to change disc"
"Disc are only a key anyway" (which is an urban legend)
"I trust big corporations"
"What year it is for disc"
"Digital is less expensive" (wrong)
"Digital is eco friendly" (my ass, running server 24/7)
"Digital is more convenient"
"I don't see the problem of owning nothing"m, who cares about preservation"
"Digital saves you from robbery"
"Digital saves you from disc rot" (which is an urban legend since it doesn't affect BLURAYs which are fundamentally physically very different DVDs and CDS)
"Digital saves you from cancer"
"Digital is the meaning of life"
Etc... bla bla bla
Cat Sunglasses GIF

Enjoy your digital future baby 💖😻💖
Cat Reaction GIF

Maybe this would be valid for a single player, offline game.

The Crew is online only.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

I will pay $1000 cash to anyone who had a license for The Crew and seriously gives a shit that it's gone.

You'll have to pass a lie detector test, though.

MikeM

I will pay $1000 cash to anyone who had a license for The Crew and seriously gives a shit that it's gone.

You'll have to pass a lie detector test, though.

It's not about that game. It's about the principle. If they can do this with this game, what's to stop them from doing that with any other game.

Do you seriously not see that?

Worst part is that if they get away with this, whats next? Seems like they are testing the waters.

This is why I buy the games I love on disc for PS. Digital is never safe.

Saber

Gold Member
And people be like:
"Who doesn't have internet these days?"
"Go play something else"
"I don't mind"
"Who cares"
"Physical is dead, face it"

I also think something like that is happening to Battlefield, dunno if is true.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Since every game has a EULA, there should be a reasonable assumption when you agree (you have to agree to play) that they can't (or won't) take the game away completely. It's just BS!

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This is why I don't buy games with online requirements. I'm fine renting them.

If it gets patched out I will buy Exoprimal, Redfall, Suicide Squad on discount because they're easier to preserve when they don't have to actually keep a service up and running. Anything with an online requirement is like an MMO; transient. One day it will be gone, by definition.

Last edited:

Muffdraul

It's not about that game. It's about the principle. If they can do this with this game, what's to stop them from doing that with any other game.

Do you seriously not see that?
Yeah, so wake me up when they do this to a game that at least 10 people in the world actually give a shit about.

//DEVIL//

The digital future is here.

Hope everyone is happy! ;)
stop posting retarded comments. its here whatever you like it or not. move on with life. everything is going digital.

What is happening here is illegal. has nothing to do with Digital future. when the ToS says I no longer own the game, I will not buy that game from that store. and if Companies start doing this illegal crap by taking away my movies and my games that I own ? then I am going to pirate the fuck out of it and not give them a cent till they drop dead broke.

IF i buy something with my money. its mine and I should have access to it no matter what Unless I knew what I am getting into. Games like Destiny or any GaaS only game, it will end at one point of time. and I am ok with that. but a single player game getting revoked ? hell will break loose.

I am not sure if the crew was a single player only game or online only game. but... its a ubisoft game. anyone who buy a ubisoft game deserve what is happening to him/her/it

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
I haven't purchased anything by Ubisoft since FC6 and was underwhelmed by it. Not sure even Splinter Cell would get me back at this point.

And to think they had so much potential in the 2010's

Top Bottom