• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft to announce more Switch games "quite soon"

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
- Hasbro Family Fun Pack
- Just Sing
- Trackmania
- Just Dance: Disney Party 3

Random guesses or stuff leaked through distributors / retailers (I remember you posting other "leaks" - especially release dates - in that sense).

Mortal Kombat on the SNES.

I'm not even fucking joking, thats where some peoples heads are at.

Yeah, it is so absurd...and people still see just Mario and think all Nintendo allows on their platforms are kid friendly games. And you can tell them ALWAYS that Nintendo changed so much in the last 20 years (!!!) but they still believe they are right. This forum is a good example for this tbh.

I wish they would just bring Chessmaster to Switch. If they could release ZombiU for Wii U after more than 25 years of the original, they can bring something like Chessmaster to Switch.

antonz

Snowdrop was optimized for Switch so at this point they can pretty much do whatever they want within confines of specs and scalability.

They will still be very selective I am sure but its good news anyways that there is a line of support developing due to good sales of Switch etc

Yeah, it is so absurd...and people still see just Mario and think all Nintendo allows on their platforms are kid friendly games. And you can tell them ALWAYS that Nintendo changed so much in the last 20 years (!!!) but they still believe they are right. This forum is a good example for this tbh.

A past coworker once remarked that you can't shoot people on Nintendo systems.

Zedark

Snowdrop was optimized for Switch so at this point they can pretty much do whatever they want within confines of specs and scalability.

They will still be very selective I am sure but its good news anyways that there is a line of support developing due to good sales of Switch etc

Do we know which games are developed using the snowdrop engine? Like, is Assassin's Creed developed on it? I know The Division, South Park Fractured Butthole and Mario + Rabbids are, but do we know of any other titles?

A past coworker once remarked that you can't shoot people on Nintendo systems.
Well, Nintendo do the humane thing in their games: they drown folk with paint.

South Park is a possibility depending on the specs it needs to run.

I feel like another old port is more likely though. Maybe Beyond Good and Evil HD.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Do we know which games are developed using the snowdrop engine? Like, is Assassin's Creed developed on it? I know The Division, South Park Fractured Butthole and Mario + Rabbids are, but do we know of any other titles?

Well, Nintendo do the humane thing in their games: they drown folk with paint.
Starlink and Avatar (which is releasing in 2020).

ITSMILNER

Grow Home/Grow Up collection
South Park: Stick of Truth
South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Those 3 I would love to see on Switch along with a new Switch exclusive Rayman

Zedark

Starlink?

Right. I looked up a list, these are the known projects:

Tom Clancy's The Division
South Park: The Fractured but Whole
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Of course, these are only the known projects, they will have several unknown projects using the engine.

The AVATAR game is likely.
They ported the first one everywhere.

I wonder if they'd be more inclined to greenlight smaller project like Grow Home or Ubi Art games and push them as $40 retail Switch games

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I would buy this in an instant but it wont happen. 60fps in Multiplayer would be pretty tough to pull off I believe.

Maybe the next iteration of Rainbow Six in some form.
Ubisoft was clear they don't intend to make another Rainbow Six for 5+ years in favor of updating Siege.

Banned
Just Dance 17-2
Assassin's Creed Liberation Ultimate Edition
Steep Cut Content Edition
Ezio Collection
Watch Dogs 1

DMONKUMA

Yeah, there isn't a big first party title launching next month, so it would make sense to have a general direct then (Mario + Rabbids is not a first party published title fyi).

Yeah I would think so, especially since the west doesn't have a release date for FE Warriors so this could be a good time to reveal that.

jmizzal

Watch_Dogs 2
Ghost Recon Wildlands
The Division
Rainbow 6 Siege
AssCreed Origins
FarCry 5
Splinter Cell Switch Exclusive

All will be announced for Switch ;) lol

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The AVATAR game is likely.
They ported the first one everywhere.

I wonder if they'd be more inclined to greenlight smaller project like Grow Home or Ubi Art games and push them as $40 retail Switch games
I should note that the new Avatar game is a The Division like online service game instead of a more traditional licensed title.

jmizzal

Is Ubisoft the first Third party to increase their support?

I've read a ton of "wait and see" statements, including from Ubisoft, but as far as I know Ubisoft is the first to actually follow this up by saying they have now more games coming.

Not surprising, they badly wanted to support it, they had a few smaller projects and then the big Rabbids Mario exclusive. The min they saw it was gonna be successful, i'm sure they greenlight a lof of games, they also have the studio power to port games.

People forget WiiU had AC 3 and AC 4, Watch_Dogs, Splinter Cell as AAA ports

Seik

Banned
I know that many bring out Rayman 2 as a joke, but I'd fucking buy it again if it ends up being a definitive version on top of being portable! :lol

sinonobu

Banned
Good to hear, Gamescom is August, right?

Either that or there may be a third party Direct after Splatoon 2 releases. We know there was a slot for a new Direct found recently, that usually means there will be one happening within the next 1-3 weeks I believe.

third party direct seems very plausible.

Recent platinum stuff, rayman origins de, this and some other stuff like new tales of, taiko, blaz blue, etc.

Probably will announce release dates for Rayman, Monopoly, and Just Dance.

Possibly get a new game announcement or port of existing game or two. I could see any of Rocksmith, PoP, South Park, chess master or Rainbow six getting announced. I could also see Steep being cancelled and maybe that team is working on a 1080 game in the Snowdrop engine.

Would Nintendo allow that content on their platforms?

Doom_64-box-cover.jpg

boxart.png

q9RT-pyPRP7_83iZTZlKbAKVitlTpuOA.png

I think they're fine.

Zedark

I would imagine they are waiting for initial Rabbids sales figures first before committing to anything in particular.

I doubt that tbh. they already announced Starlink, which doesn't strike me as a low budget (not high AAA budget either, mind you). They do genuinely seem on board with the Switch. Would be cool if they translated that to their AAA portfolio too, but I really doubt Mario + Rabbids has any big influence on that decision.

I would imagine they are waiting for initial Rabbids sales figures first before committing to anything in particular.

Do you think they would say they have more to announce soon, if this was the case?

I dont think so.

Other than that, as long as the Switch is selling like it is - third party will find a way to sell games on it. They wouldnt ignore it forever.

Gruco

Banned
Grow Home/Grow Up collection
South Park: Stick of Truth
South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Those 3 I would love to see on Switch along with a new Switch exclusive Rayman

Hoping for this, and perhaps some kind of Child of Light news.

It will be Just Dance and some kind of ridiculous Rabbids game.

Top Bottom