• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft: Unsure if Watch Dogs will be 720p or 1080p on PS4/X1; confirms 30fps

Unless you're like most of the modern world and don't even have a PC to run these games or just simply doesn't want to deal with PC. I don't have that problem with my PC but I don't know anyone who has a rig that can run games well.

Huh? Most of the modern world doesn't have a pc that could play this game, but will have a PS4/Xbox One? Most of the modern world will not have either next gen console.

If you want the best experience not just on this game but EVERY multiplat game over the next gen, get a pc. It's that simple. Might set you back a little more than a PS4 or Xbox One, but it'll pay dividends in the end. The reduced cost of games alone should easily make up the added cost of a pc over the course of a year.

laughing-puppets-o.gif

PC for me. Next gen is becoming more crappier every day.

You're shocked a cross gen game on brand new hardware isn't running at it's full potential? This must be your first gaming console...

kinda wish next gen consoles would give users the option... not as detailed visual options as on pc... but let me turn off all those cool for 2 minute, random 'nextgen' shit for better performance.

i don't give a damn about trash and debris realistically flowing around the world.

Why do people keep shitting on devs about 60fps and sub 1080 games? If this was year 3 in the console cycle, I could understand, but launch titles have to make concessions to make due to getting used to new dev kits that are moving targets.

Durante

From the way this is formulated, I'd assume that both consoles will render at something between 720p and 1080p, and probably different resolutions. Of course, it could be that PS4 hits 1080p and XB1 doesn't, and they don't want to state this plainly.

Skilletor

There are plent of valid excuses for an open world game not being 60fps. What was the last open world game you played at 60FPS outside of PC? Do you think Witcher 3 or The Order is going to be 60FPS? If so, you're in for some disappointment. There's a difference between running down a corridor and true open world.

Those games aren't cross-gen.

Krakn3Dfx

I cant see MS letting the PS4 have a framerate and res advantage.

If Xbone is 720 MS will make sure they make the PS4 version the same

What does MS have to do with it, especially seeing the partnership between Ubisoft and Sony right now?

I could see EA pulling something like this. Maybe. Not Ubisoft.

Maybe there are no generations. Maybe generations of consoles is just a buzz word to lure people into buying the next a-bit-more-powerful-thing.

If so, why would anyone expect 1080p/60FPS? Relative to what? This games has breathtaking details from what we've seen. Why would anything change from the previous generation, in that many companies push the fidelity to the max to hype itself up during screenshots and trailers.

I don't understand, why people have expectations for things that are not real outside their own minds.

Blizzje

Despite confirming the frame rate, though, Morin could not confirm the game's native resolution on next-gen platforms, claiming that he didn't know whether the game would run at 720p or 1080p.

[Hugh Jackman in The Prestige] How can he not know?!

Prine

Banned
Saw live demo today at Eurogamer expo running on PS4, you guys are going to be as disappointed as me. Looked like a decent current gen game. Assassins Creed 4 looks much better.

Why do people keep shitting on devs about 60fps and sub 1080 games? If this was year 3 in the console cycle, I could understand, but launch titles have to make concessions to make due to getting used to new dev kits that are moving targets.

It's based on the x86 architecture. Developers should be really well versed in developing on it. No excuses

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I cant see MS letting the PS4 have a framerate and res advantage.

If Xbone is 720 MS will make sure they make the PS4 version the same

That's quite some conspiracy theory you have there. You'll need one of these.

JVDrU6r.jpg

Riky

$MSFT
If they are porting from PC then I assume this is down to getting so many versions ready for launch? These machines should be far easier to port to compared to 360/PS3 so it must be a deadline thing.

This is an absolute joke. I hope people don't support this nonsense. I'd really like to know what's holding back PS4 version, because I'm sure that it has the power to handle 1080p/30.

prag16

Banned
Yikes. If this is 720p30 on PS4/xbone that doesn't bode well for what the PS360U versions will look like.

n!smo

Neo Member
So you're saying that MS is paying Ubisoft to gimp the PS4 version? That's quite an accusation.

I don´t exactly know in which phase of game development the resolution is set, but I think it should be known now.

Maybe it is more of a "political problem" as some anonymous dev stated a while ago.

heyf00L

If they don't know, that probably means they're having trouble. And if they're having trouble, that probably means 720p.

Top Bottom