• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's VR lineup to support Cross-Platform play

dex3108

Ubisoft’s foray into virtual reality started with the release of the critically acclaimed Eagle Flight in which you take to the skies as an eagle flying over a version of Paris abandoned by humanity, but reclaimed by nature and wildlife. You can soar solo or team up and race against others, and now you’ll have even more friends and potential foes joining you.

Starting today, November 28, Eagle Flight will support cross-platform play, allowing players on PSVR, Oculus Rift, and HTC Vive to team up or play against each other. And Eagle Flight is just the start. Werewolves Within and Star Trek: Bridge Crew – both multiplayer VR experiences – will also support cross-platform play on their respective launch days.

http://blog.ubi.com/en-GB/ubisofts-vr-lineup-support-cross-platform-play/

Well this is very nice move.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
It's a great idea which I hope is adopted by other developers.

MUnited83

For you.
Nice. I mean, it's kinda needed if they want any semblance of a decent playerbase, but it's nice to see them doing it.

ultron87

That gives me some hope for that Werewolf game. I really want that to be good because the party game it's based on (alternatively known as Mafia) is a fun time. I'm not sure it'd be good with strangers but I'm glad someone is trying it. I was worried about a tiny player base, but this should at least give it a somewhat better chance.

Nibiru

Banned
This is great news. I have a Vive and love it but I was always concerned about exclusivity. I mean the VR player base is probably pretty small so splintering is not good.

RoyalFool

Banned
Makes complete sense for multiplayer only VR titles given the smaller userbase. Home they have a nice way of telling what they are using, in Star trek maybe having a race locked to each platform else it's going to get confusing who you can and cannot friend/message.

I don't really hear anyone talking about it, but Eagle Flight's multiplayer is a ton of fun. The flight controls work extremely well and I have yet to experience any motion sickness despite being highly susceptible to it (can't play RIGS or Driveclub for more than a few minutes). I do wish it was more fleshed out though. I think it could have some legs if there were more modes, maps, customization options, etc.

Makes complete sense given there are no Xbox VR headsets yet, we've seen some game (chess-alike or something) having PS/WiiU/PC crossplay already, haven't we? It will get way more interesting if we'll ever get past MS/another console crossplay.

Mindlog

Had to happen given the small size of the audience across every platform.
When Scorpio gets its headset I hope Sony doesn't start getting all squeamish.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Most excellent! This is the way to go inorder to keep a unified community. Especially in VR multiplayer games.

That gives me some hope for that Werewolf game. I really want that to be good because the party game it's based on (alternatively known as Mafia) is a fun time. I'm not sure it'd be good with strangers but I'm glad someone is trying it. I was worried about a tiny player base, but this should at least give it a somewhat better chance.

These were my same concerns. My wife is getting me Werewolf Within for Christmas, I was concerned about the player count and always have enough people online to play with. I am actually hyped for this game and got the board game for my daughters for Christmas.

This is all very good news. Hit me up on PSN if you are getting Werewolf Within.

PSN: Filth_Flannigan

btrboyev

I don't really hear anyone talking about it, but Eagle Flight's multiplayer is a ton of fun. The flight controls work extremely well and I have yet to experience any motion sickness despite being highly susceptible to it (can't play RIGS or Driveclub for more than a few minutes). I do wish it was more fleshed out though. I think it could have some legs if there were more modes, maps, customization options, etc.

Eagle Flight is one of the worst VR games I've played so far, but I haven't played MP yet. I can't imagine it improving one of the dullest games I've played in years. First game I've regret spending money on.

Top Bottom