• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Udemy courses on sale for $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Lo

BTW, now that I have signed up, the pages for each program indicate that the discounted price is being offered for 4 days (as opposed to 1 day and 23 hours when I was viewing page w/o signing in/up).

What's this about?

If I buy some courses now, do I always have access to them? Or are they only good for a certain amount of time?

I had the same question and below you can find the answer.

Once you get, it's yours forever. View at your own pace.

Oscar

I want to learn how to code and this looks like a good way to dip my toes in that world.

I added the Complete Python Bootcamp by Jose Portilla to my cart.

Any other courses you guys would recommend?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Looking or math/engineering ones.

Is there anything particularly special about Udemy over other free online courses that makes them worth spending money for?

-edit-
What the hell some of these are just 30 minutes long and still $15!

Jhoan

Aww man I might have to make some impulsive purchases on Graphic Design, comic drawing, and digital painting courses. Maybe even a marketing class. I'm looking through some stuff now. There's so much anatomy courses to pick and choose! I wonder which ones are great and which ones are not so great.

i-Lo

Once you get, it's yours forever. View at your own pace.

So in addition to my previous question (pertaining how the prices are active for the next 4 days and not 2 since I signed up), I have another one for GAFfers with some web design knowledge because I am up to 13 courses and looking to purge 1 if it turns out to be redundant.

Which of these I can do without (as one w/o any programming knowledge) in terms of modern applicability:

https://www.udemy.com/the-web-developer-bootcamp/

https://www.udemy.com/design-and-develop-a-killer-website-with-html5-and-css3/

Any and all help would most appreciated.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
which one should I get?

The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0

or

The Web Developer Bootcamp

so confusing

Minamu

I'm thinking of getting the unity course. Do you need to pay extra to get certified? How much if so? Is it worth it? I already know quite a lot but hey, courses are cheap af.

Tristam

So in addition to my previous question (pertaining how the prices are active for the next 4 days and not 2 since I signed up), I have another one for GAFfers with some web design knowledge because I am up to 13 courses and looking to purge 1 if it turns out to be redundant.

Which of these I can do without (as one w/o any programming knowledge) in terms of modern applicability:

https://www.udemy.com/the-web-developer-bootcamp/

https://www.udemy.com/design-and-develop-a-killer-website-with-html5-and-css3/

Any and all help would most appreciated.

The Bootcamp is much broader in scope and covers the full web development "stack" - including server-side (aka back-end) development. (You can tell it's a much lengthier course just by looking at the overview / number of video hours / number of articles.) The latter course is purely focused on front-end development. Neither is more or less 'modern' than the other, but the Bootcamp is definitely more comprehensive in its content.

EDIT: I reviewed the course outlines a bit more and the latter course will teach you how to make attractive web pages with some neat visual effects. It won't really teach you how to program. If you want to learn programming and how to develop a web application from top to bottom, get the Bootcamp, but just be aware that you'll likely need to sink a lot of time to complete the course.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Bought 3

The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0
Learn and Understand AngularJS
Master Unity By Building 6 Fully Featured Games From Scratch

Big Chungus

Is it worth buying a unity game development course and a unity VR course seperatly?

or would the regular course be good enough to learn about developing for VR?

Anyone know what the best course would be to learn to speak Japanese?

---->

Are there any recommended courses for japanese here?>

Udemy focuses on tech classes (web design, UI, programming, Unity, etc.) For Japanese I recommend Memrise for Hiragana and Katakana, and then after you've got those down jump into Wanikani for kanji. Hiragana/Katakana should take about a week, and then the first month of Wanikani is pretty slow going and then picks up once you've got firm footing.

ohhhh, okay. that makes sense.

I'll pick up a few in that case.

Thanks for the tips for japanese too!

cashman

Banned
Don't feel like you're in a rush to buy these. Udemy offers sales and you can fine coupons online all the time.

danthefan

Thinking about the React course.

I have LinkedIn Learning already via my employer so a lot of the web stuff like Ruby on Rails is available there (different course but similar subject matter). I have the Unity and Unreal courses already from previous sales, but tbh haven't put enough time into them.

Nyanmaruz

How often does these sales happen? There's a couple I want but the payments from dumb cc is not going through for some reason.

i-Lo

I got the bootcamp, but I believe that the web developer 2.0 is better for somebody brand new.

The Bootcamp is much broader in scope and covers the full web development "stack" - including server-side (aka back-end) development. (You can tell it's a much lengthier course just by looking at the overview / number of video hours / number of articles.) The latter course is purely focused on front-end development. Neither is more or less 'modern' than the other, but the Bootcamp is definitely more comprehensive in its content.

EDIT: I reviewed the course outlines a bit more and the latter course will teach you how to make attractive web pages with some neat visual effects. It won't really teach you how to program. If you want to learn programming and how to develop a web application from top to bottom, get the Bootcamp, but just be aware that you'll likely need to sink a lot of time to complete the course.

Thank you guys.

Btw, anyone else seeing that the discounted price will be active for 4 days?

Thanks.

Wads

Banned
Gonna get a Python and maybe an R course. Trying to get them data science dollars.

Did the same. Got the ultimate python course and r. Also got two tableau for data science courses. Already know tableau but wanted to see what the data science content was. Already in analytics, but probably going to move over to data science at some point.

Pagusas

Elden Member
anyone have a recommendation for learning iOS development as a 100% beginning, no coding experience at all. Right now I'm a multimedia producer and corporate video director, but I want to expand my skill set out to mobile development for some personal projects. You guys tell me what to get and I'll buy it today.

Also, which course is better for beginning game development, Unreal 4 or Unity? Anyone try both and have a preference on which teaches you more?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I really need some SQL and SQL Server, and Google Analytics courses. I see a variety there and would like to pick a few. Any recommendations?

Quite awesome. Signed up with 3 different unity courses because I've generally been interested.

Also signed up for a Japanese language course because, hey, always wanted to learn.

Coupon code someone posted bright it down to $40. This is great stuff

beanman25

Quite awesome. Signed up with 3 different unity courses because I've generally been interested.

Also signed up for a Japanese language course because, hey, always wanted to learn.

Coupon code someone posted bright it down to $40. This is great stuff

which japanese course? Could you link?

Thanks op and the person who posted that sweet coupon code. Picked up some sql and python courses and the Andre Agassi taught tennis course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom