• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 159 |OT| The Great White Hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

Chael still took him down in the 2nd fight. It's a size/strength thing. Bones is basically a heavyweight. Chael went toe to toe with Anderson. Bones made Chael look like a child. Those kinds of things matter. Anderson knows this, he's not stupid, which is why he will never fight Bones Jones.

I do agree that Size will be the biggest reason Bones could beat A.Silva which is why a 190 catch-weight fight would be ideal.

As for the 2nd fight 3/4 takedowns were stuffed.(4/7 in the first fight) And last I heard A.Silva would be interested in fighting bones at a catch-weight.

Bones MANHANDLED him and would do the same to Silva.

Don't see it. I see A.Silva putting Bones on his ass with strikes and finishing him off.

Instro

Honestly unless a heavyweight drops down, like Cormier, I think Glover is one of the few guys in the division who has the size and strength to not get manhandled by Bones.

Macattk15

I don't think Jon could have fought in the second round with his toe like that. It would have been the greatest way to win the belt ever.

I'm saying ... it looked like he broke the toe in celebration.

IF he wasn't celebrating he would of been destroying Chael in round 2.

Zeliard

While Sonnen was roided? Sweet.

Because Jones won't have a massive size and power advantage over Silva, like he had over Sonnen.

While A.Silva was injured? Sweet.

Do you really think that is relevant to TDD in a fight against Jones? Jones will take Silva down and he'll do it with laughable ease.

How did that work out in the 2nd fight?

The 2nd fight, where the entire first round was a repeat of the first fight?

I wonder how long jones is gonna be out? That looked like a bad break and the big toe is used alot for planting. I hope belcher is alright his history with eye problems especially the one he got poked in is horrible.

Zeliard

Jones' injury makes a Cormier fight at 205 likelier as the next one up, since Cormier said he needs around 6 months just to make the cut.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
He has many more DUIs to get. He's gonna get Frank Mir'd.

Eventually once he has to go up to HW, he won't be as dominant. That will probably be a couple years though.

Don't make the insecurity based jealousy that obvious. That's grade school level hatin.

That toe will have him out for at least 8 months. Way-to-go Dana.

brentech

I wonder how long jones is gonna be out? That looked like a bad break and the big toe is used alot for planting. I hope belcher is alright his history with eye problems especially the one he got poked in is horrible.

probably like 6 months before he accepts another fight I would guess. So maybe a year before he's back in the cage.

Carton

I suspect that is a nasty dislocation rather than a fracture.

The ref stoppage was early, but, as unfair as it is to say, i'm glad we didn't have a situation where the title was won by freak injury.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The fuck, he was just leveraging himself on the ground and the Toe just broke off. What the hell.

Jon needs more Potassium I guess...

BTW Jones was right, Sonnen is a mental midget. If he hadn't turlted in and bet his life on getting out of that position, he could've survived the round. And that broken toe would've done a lot of damage.

charsace

GSP/Silva would be even bigger and that's not happening. All the money in the world isn't going to convince these guys to go in and get their asses beat and their legacies tarnished.

Silva would fight for the money. GSP is the one who is scared shitless. He said he could make 155 so I was thinking GSP could fight Bendo at a catch weight.

Godslay

Banned
BI6U7ysCMAIfdBN.jpg:large

Looks bad, but that doesn't even phase me after the Lattimore knee injury, NCAA BB tourney leg, and those bombing pics. Goddamn internet!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Bringin it up after he just won a fight comes off as bitter salt over his victory. There is a time to hate and a time to say congrats and move on.
No, people were talking how he would ever get beat. His drunken driving highlighted his immaturity and that immaturity in the future could hurt him, as obviously he has all the talent to dominate for years to come.

Did he kill someone?

I don't endorse drinking and driving ... but he dealt with the consequences / shame. He's human ... he's young ... people make mistakes.

Calm the fuck down.

Why so angry? See above.

Macattk15

If the ref didnt stop it so early, Chael would be champ. Doctors wouldn't have let Jones continue to fight with that toe.

Yeah.

Bones had 20 more seconds to wail on him though.

No, people were talking how he would ever get beat. His drunken driving highlighted his immaturity and that immaturity in the future could hurt him, as obviously he has all the talent to dominate for years to come.

Why so angry? See above.

Guess what happens to immature people? They eventually grow up.

Zeliard

oh my fucking god hahahaha

Literally burst out laughing - in horror - at that snap.

It's like - waiting for it.... waiting for it.... waiting for it.... OH NO

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well it's good that they didn't stop this due to the toe, otherwise we'd have to waste another fight on the rematch. It would have been an interesting capper on this card, though.

The ref stopped the fight while Jones was turning Sonnen's face into hamburger. Sonnen wasn't recovering from that beat down.

Meh, he hopped right up. He wouldn't have gotten up if so fast if he was actually hurt. He'd only have to last until the bell before doctors saw the injury. Unless the cornermen tried to hide the foot from the doctor's eyes, there wouldn't have been a next round.

The fuck, he was just leveraging himself on the ground and the Toe just broke off. What the hell.

Jon needs more Potassium I guess...

He might have fractured it during training ignored it hoping it would heal by fight time and the added pressure during the fight probably made it snap.

Meh, he hopped right up. He wouldn't have gotten up if so fast if he was actually hurt. He'd only have to last until the bell before doctors saw the injury. Unless the cornermen tried to hide the foot from the doctor's eyes, there wouldn't have been a next round.

The fight wouldn't have continued if Chael sat there for 20 more seconds like a baby in the fetal position eating more punches and elbows. He gave up. He stopped defending himself.

brentech

Seriously. Was not early stoppage when the guy isn't even trying to defend himself for that long. His only defense was trying to bury his face further into the mat in hopes that Jon wouldn't punch it again.

dream

Wow, Country just cut a promo about wanting Cain, then Dana instantly shut him down and said he's either fighting Cormier or Mark Hunt.

Congratulations, Alistair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom