• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFO 50 announced (PC, 2018) from creators of Spelunky, Downwell, and more

SomTervo

I wonder how many of the games will feel redundant, like too similar to another one. With 50, surely something will feel similar to something else.

Awesome anyway.

I wonder how many of the games will feel redundant, like too similar to another one. With 50, surely something will feel similar to something else.

Awesome anyway.

We already know how prety much every game plays, and there's a staggering lack of overlap. It really helps they've made games in pretty much every conceivable genre (including genres that didn't exist in the era this collection emulates), and that they've made a point to have a twist in every game that's in a more conventional genre (so that not only there's almost no overlap between themselves, there's not much overlap even with other games outside the collection).

CamHostage

Fricking THAT was the name of that game!!?!
For some reason, this very recently popped into my head as a "Huh, whatever happened to that game..." thought. (I was thinking back on this, and also the Super Mario Crossover spiritual successor Super Action Squad / Glitch Striker, which I guess Exploding Rabbit is still making?) And I tried to find it, but you have no idea how worthless searching for "50-Games-in-One Game" or other variations of that title (well, I guess you could google that and know in two secs, or just guess that it's worthless) when you can't remember the name of the game.

So glad that UFO 50 is still happening. It's been ages, but I'm still very into all the 2D gameplay experiments and homage variations they're trying here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom