• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Robin64

I got an email from the Nintendo UK Store yesterday about Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards, have these been previously announced? This is the first I've heard of them.

Yeah, it was quietly mentioned that you get 1 with the game, and then it was also quietly mentioned that there are, like, 60? Around that anyway, five per playable character.

Semajer

Yeah, it was quietly mentioned that you get 1 with the game, and then it was also quietly mentioned that there are, like, 60? Around that anyway, five per playable character.

I don't suppose they announced an album for them to go in too? I hate that the last set of Animal Crossing cards doesn't have anything to store them in.

Is there any place that sells the Oot Link amino? I can't find the bloody thing for months now that isn't an eBay reseller for over £50.

I've Bern looking and now I want it more than ever since I can get the Oot a link outfit with it.

Semajer

My box of Superstar amiibo arrived, and it looks like they've started spacing the cards so that you can't get a complete set from a single box. Unless the pattern the cards I'm missing happen to be a coincidence.

Spades

My box of Superstar amiibo arrived, and it looks like they've started spacing the cards so that you can't get a complete set from a single box. Unless the pattern the cards I'm missing happen to be a coincidence.

I hope you took some pics of the box to share with us. Nothing like a fresh booster box being opened.

Semajer

I hope you took some pics of the box to share with us. Nothing like a fresh booster box being opened.

I didn't bother taking any pictures of the box before I opened it, but I can provide a picture of the wrapper pile of shame that now lives in my bin if you'd like.

I've been off the loop for a while.

Any idea when the BotW Amiibo will be available again? Those are the only ones I'm missing in the UK. Other than that I'm missing gold Mega Man and Dark Bowser still.

And also the Japan exclusives. Are they just the Monster Hunter ones and the Box Boy one?

Spades

Any idea when the BotW Amiibo will be available again? Those are the only ones I'm missing in the UK. Other than that I'm missing gold Mega Man and Dark Bowser still.

And also the Japan exclusives. Are they just the Monster Hunter ones and the Box Boy one?

I haven't seen them anywhere since BOTW was launched. If I see any in stock anywhere, I'll post here as I'm after a few also.

Semajer

There are two Animal Crossing amiibo promo cards that were only released in Japan, but I think that's it for exclusives.

Semajer

We never actually officially got Gold Mario and Silver Mario here, did we?

If I remember correctly Japan got the Gold one, and America and Australia got both Gold and Silver.

It's odd that Australia got them and not Europe, they're essentially the same with the exception of a mention of NoAus on the packaging.

TheMoon

NoAU being caught in this perpetual state of inbetweenness two thirds of the way to NOE and one third of the way to NOA will never stop being weird to me.

Zafir

I think I got my silver one from Canada and I got my gold one from Japan.

It's weird we never got it. I guess if it's true that gold mario is going to be in Mario Kart they could finally bring it over, but, it seems a bit late now....

I think I got my silver one from Canada and I got my gold one from Japan.

It's weird we never got it. I guess if it's true that gold mario is going to be in Mario Kart they could finally bring it over, but, it seems a bit late now....

I believe that gold Mario is an unlock for completing all the cups in all speeds. So it would probably have no extra function other than the standard Mario.

Well guys,if any of yous want the fire emblem echos shadows of Valentia Limited with the 2 amiiboIt's up at shop to for £69.85

That's better than amazon.de price of €89.99

Well guys,if any of yous want the fire emblem echos shadows of Valentia Limited with the 2 amiiboIt's up at shop to for £69.85

That's better than amazon.de price of €89.99

I'm going to regret not pre ordering this aren't I? I'm sick of this ffs Nintendo. I want to be able to buy things when I feel like I'm financially ready.

I'm going to regret not pre ordering this aren't I? I'm sick of this ffs Nintendo. I want to be able to buy things when I feel like I'm financially ready.

Not really. the advantage that this limited editon has is that it includes the amiibo, which you can buy separately.

The Fire emblem fates limited edition had all3 games one 1 cart, and was the only way to do so.

really it doesnt seem to be as good, and probally will not be in as much demand as the fates editon (unless nintendo VASTLY understock it, then all bets are off).

Robin64

They'll likely be £12.99 on Nintendo UK's store, sadly. They kept the £10.99 ones at that, but it seems any new ones go to the £12.99 price. I'd love to be wrong, though!

Spades

Oh nice. I pre ordered from here and I assume they took the payment?

It won't let me click cancel on the shopto preorders but I assume that's because I haven't paid for those yet anyway? Hopefully it won't automatically just take payment.

Neither Amazon nor ShopTo take payment until dispatch, but you're going to want to cancel your ShopTo order somehow or you will be charged on dispatch when they come out.

EmiPrime

Guys I found the new Assassin's Creed amiibos!

fIwxrRql.jpg

They're godawful.

Welp, according to a rumor It may appear that the misterious 4th smash amiibo may well be infact a Female corrin amiibo.

From data gained about the fire emblem echos amiibo support, there are 2 seperate listings for corrin, one for male and one for female.

So possible 2 pack corrin bundle coming soon?

Koren

I should have preordered the BotW amiibos, I can't find Zelda and Bokoblin anywhere :/

I wasn't expected to see stock issues for such a big game. :/ I hope they'll restock them...

Hobohodo

I guess no where is giving twitter updates for the uk they used to? Had a little look to make sure I get alerted about the new amiibo just announced and all the old accounts seem to have stopped posting.

Top Bottom