• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Ein Bear

Managed to get orders in for both Bayonettas. Thanks for the heads-up, I missed out on the Zelda ones by about 5 minutes last time so really glad I got these!

Semajer

I managed to order the Smash amiibo, but the UK store didn't bother to send me an email about the new Zelda ones and now they're sold out. Are they up anywhere else yet?

Jofamo

Ugh, it was 22 minutes until I caught note they were available. Only managed to grab Bayonetta and Cloud. I'll need to wait and grab Corrin from Amazon.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone have any idea when the new Zelda Amiibo are going to be live for pre-order on Amazon UK? I managed to get the Skyward Sword one a couple of weeks back by someone posting a link which just added it to your basket, but you couldn't search for it on store.

TheMoon

Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone have any idea when the new Zelda Amiibo are going to be live for pre-order on Amazon UK? I managed to get the Skyward Sword one a couple of weeks back by someone posting a link which just added it to your basket, but you couldn't search for it on store.

This is literally the only thing we've been talking about right above your post.

Stop da laze

Semajer

Don't suppose you've still got that link?

That's as likely as the 30th anniversary oot, wind wake and 8 bit getting a replacement print. As in basically none.

It's all I'm missing... I was tight on cash. I still am but I'm just buying now straight away anyway otherwise I regret it later.

Once you've bought summer outfit Isabelle there's no stopping.

Joqu

I've been out of the amiibo loop for a while now, just been picking up the ones that have landed in the discount bin locally. Which means a lot of Animal Crossing amiibo which is neat, I do love AC.

Anyway, I had no idea we had entered a dark period again with the Zelda amiibo, dammit. I just figured I could pick up things casually from now on.

It's weird though, locally I've noticed some stores have stopped stocking amiibo here period. I think they got burned on stuff like the AC line. :s

Koren

They're out in two weeks. They've been available.
I find this strange, because I was available the day they were released, I've checked a couple times, and they went from "no product" to "no stock". If they were avaiable, they went out in minutes, one hour tops. That's probably worse than at the beginning.

Completely missed it myself. Gonna have to go retail hunting for the first time in ages again.
Same, but I'm not sure they won't show online (again if they have, but I really find this strange). Pretty sure more Alm/Celica stock arrived recently, and they're lower profile.

That's as likely as the 30th anniversary oot, wind wake and 8 bit getting a replacement print. As in basically none.
Are you selling those, or do you really believe it? ^_^

The 30th anniversary, I can understand if it's done, but BotW, that's a bit different... They'll support the game for some time, they should provide the Amiibos... Especially when they understocked them a lot. It's not as if they won't sell them.

TheMoon

Are you selling those, or do you really believe it? ^_^

The 30th anniversary, I can understand if it's done, but BotW, that's a bit different... They'll support the game for some time, they should provide the Amiibos... Especially when they understocked them a lot. It's not as if they won't sell them.

All the 30th Anniversary amiibo are more relevant to the BotW game itself than the BotW-specific amiibo because don't actually do anything of relevance while the Anniversary series amiibo all give UNIQUE stuff. Quite annoying.

Koren

All the 30th Anniversary amiibo are more relevant to the BotW game itself than the BotW-specific amiibo because don't actually do anything of relevance while the Anniversary series amiibo all give UNIQUE stuff. Quite annoying.
That's true... But the 30th anniversary can be seen as limited stuff, so I can see them not re-releasing them (and that seriously annoy me for the coming wave, I haven't seen them available online here). BotW Amiibos are kinda promotional material for their main 2017 game.

Also, they haven't really undershipped the 30th anniversary ones. It was quite easy to find them, and not on release day. I guess it may have been harder in some places.

On the other hand... How many BotW Zelda have they shipped? Twenty?

If you look at ebay prices, BotW have skyrocketed far more than 30th ones, even if they DON'T give you interesting stuff. Finding a sub-100 Zelda is next to impossible...

Koren

I was sitting in front of a big wall of them in a store carefully picking out the best Zelda a day after release.
You must have gotten all of them (that hurts)... I visited more than 30 shops in the release day and the following one with no luck for Zelda and Bokoblin.

TheMoon

You must have gotten all of them (that hurts)... I visited more than 30 shops in the release day and the following one with no luck for Zelda and Bokoblin.

I ordered them from amazon but somehow forgot to order a Zelda so I went to the store once I realized my brainfart. But yea, at that point, the store still had at least one of everyone.

Koren

I ordered them from amazon but somehow forgot to order a Zelda so I went to the store once I realized my brainfart. But yea, at that point, the store still had at least one of everyone.
I want to live where you do (well, for Amiibos, because for the rest, I'm fine with my flat) You should sell a courier service ;)

It's impressive, still... Since I wasn't lucky with the near-dozen local shops, I tried Paris, and even there, they were sold out everywhere on launch (in fact, they didn't received enough for preorders apparently, and most haven't put all 5 on sale...).

For people interested, apparently, there may have been a restock in Japan for the BotW wave, and there may be one for the 30th anniversary near the end of the month, so if they produced them again for Japan, they may have done so for other places... If, like me, you're after one, try to check regularly on the slight chance they come back soon.

That's no Amiibo.

Close enough for the collectors
/wink

812YyeNrxXL._SL1500_.jpg

TheMoon

Two metroid, three mario, two fire emblem. So 11, if I haven't missed some, that could have been worse.

five mario

1. Samus
  2. Metroid
  3. Mario
  4. Peach
  5. Bowser
  6. Goomba
  7. Koopa Troopa
  8. Chrom
  9. Tiki
  10. Urbosa
  11. Revali
  12. Mipha
  13. Daruk

Fuck. Is there a thread I missed? I can't keep up.

Edit: Just gave it a Google.

06DhPFU.jpg

OMG.

what you don't know from the pic: the metroid's shell is squishy. like jelly. not a joke.

Top Bottom