• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

MicH

Holy shit, what a surprise! I just received my wave 4 amiibo from Amazon UK! I am honestly shocked that I got them today (on a Saturday?!). They were sent Thursday and wasn't set to arrive until Tuesday so this is incredibly fast shipping. So happy - they all look AMAZING :D And they were really well packaged too!

cyba89

Visited 3 more stores today and of course nothing. That's it for me now with wave 4. No more store hunting for me. There seems to be no realistic chance to get any of the 4 uncommon Amiibos this wave. I just hope that somehow I'll get my PacMan-order from amazon.

The cruel irony is, that Nintendo now has leaflets in stores here, with all the Amiibos and you can cross off the ones you already have.
It's like Nintendo says: "Look at all these Amiibos you'll never get"

JonnyKong

I've only got room for one more, eek!

hl8kdSI.jpg

Charizard is huge!

TheMoon

I'm already wondering whether you need specific Amiibos to unlock specific game bits in the new "Amiibo touch and play" game they recently announced...

In fact, since apparently two identical Marios Amiibos can unlock different things, I'm not even sure you can get what you want with one of each...

o_O

They specifically said it's completely inconsequential which amiibo you have. Nothing to wonder about. You can unlock anything with anyone because it's randomized. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. Why would you need Ness to unlock an Earthbound demo since that Earthbound demo is supposed to sell you on Earthbound and if you already have a Ness amiibo you probably don't need to be sold on Earthbound. For example.

Got the Wii fit trainer I ordered. (Bad 3DS made pic)
CnyNi74.png

!8 Euro. Shipping included. Not bad

Another round around the city. They had a few more Wario and Charizard.
None of the others though.

Koren

They specifically said it's completely inconsequential which amiibo you have. Nothing to wonder about. You can unlock anything with anyone because it's randomized. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. Why would you need Ness to unlock an Earthbound demo since that Earthbound demo is supposed to sell you on Earthbound and if you already have a Ness amiibo you probably don't need to be sold on Earthbound. For example.
Make sense, indeed... Thanks

Mumups

Do GAME not send amiibo in boxes anymore? I just got wario through in a bubble wrapped envelope. Box is slightly bent :/

TheMoon

This wave has taught me one thing: When the next one hits with Palutena/Ganondorf, etc ... I will spend 5 hours to go to the city every day the whole week leading up to the official "release date" because of stores not giving a fuck about them....

Koren

This wave has taught me one thing: When the next one hits with Palutena/Ganondorf, etc ... I will spend 5 hours to go to the city every day the whole week leading up to the official "release date" because of stores not giving a fuck about them....
I tried this with wave 4 (probably a bit less than 5h, but still ~3h a day, and a couple of shops twice to three times a day).

Result: I've seen a single Wario in stores, and as far as I know, there's not a single shop that received a Ness, or more than 6-7 wave 4 amiibos (I live in a ~150-200k city).

TheMoon

I tried this with wave 4 (probably a bit less than 5h, but still ~3h a day, and a couple of shops twice to three times a day).

Result: I've seen a single Wario in stores, and as far as I know, there's not a single shop that received a Ness, or more than 6-7 wave 4 amiibos (I live in a ~150-200k city).

Out of those 5 hours only 1 will be spend on actual amiibo hunting and the rest is travel time. -.- (I have to go to different cities since I live in a small town without any toy/electronics stores)

Out of six stores with proper amiibo displays (no big supermarkets), only two had new ones. And of course only Charizard and Wario are left there. Thanks to this thread, I heard about the street date being broken and headed out on Tuesday to find the last Lucina (all Ness/Robins were already gone). It's dire.

EmiPrime

I think it's safe to say that 4/6 of this wave are unicorns and it remains to be seen whether Wario and Charizard end up being rare or uncommon (probably the former).

TheMoon

I feel so stupid for not buying Toad when that wave came out. I totally believed "the Super Mario series amiibo will be more plentiful" lol.

MicH

I feel so stupid for not buying Toad when that wave came out. I totally believed "the Super Mario series amiibo will be more plentiful" lol.
I'm honestly surprised at how hard it is to find those figures, particularly Mario and Peach. It's just so odd to me. I thought those would always be stocked

TheMoon

I'm honestly surprised at how hard it is to find those figures, particularly Mario and Peach. It's just so odd to me. I thought those would always be stocked

They only made green ones. The only ones I have seen and still see in stock at retail stores when I go out are Bowser, Yoshi and Luigi. Nobody else. The more green, the more of them there are (= Bowser is the rarest of those three). Oh and I guess Mario only exists in the Mario Party 10 Special Edition bundles. Plenty of those around, too.

cyba89

Maybe the next waves after greninja and jigglypuff in june/july will be a bit better, because there is no really popular character in them.

Expect everything aside from Bowser Jr to be unicorn. Maybe Ganondorf will be only rare or uncommon.

TheMoon

Maybe the next waves after greninja and jigglypuff in june/july will be a bit better, because there is no really popular character in them.

Expect everything aside from Bowser Jr to be unicorn. Maybe Ganondorf will be only rare or uncommon.

prepare-yourself-for-war.jpg

What's the preorder situation for wave 5? Have they gone up on any Amazon site yet? I got mine preordered at Gameware and Zavvi, but as many of you I don't trust them completely.

Flintty

I checked my email this morning and found that Amazon emailed me at midnight to say Pac was back in stock. Cheers for that, he's already old out!

Mob

I checked my email this morning and found that Amazon emailed me at midnight to say Pac was back in stock. Cheers for that, he's already old out!

They emailed me for Lucina, Robin & Pacman (even though I hadn't requested it), they were in stock from 3rd party sellers for £40 - £50 a piece....

Junahu

I wonder if that Ness was mashed up in transit, or it was already mangled before-hand and the distributor didn't want to admit it had a damaged product.

When amiibo were first announced, all I wanted was an Ike, a Shulk and a Ness. Well one out of three is good enough right :,(

I know Shulk is getting a restock soon but I still think I won't be able to get him or ness any time soon and I refuse to pay more than £15 for any one amiibo so I guess I've just gotta accept it for what it is.

Cappa

Banned
Yeeeeeeeeeee I'm back.

Anyway the amiibo wave 4 situation in spain is much worse than other parts of Europe it seems. Wave 4 doesn't exist if you didn't preorder(which I've been attempting to do since forverver) so I'm not exactly sure how people actually did preorder since I got rejected left and right everywhere.

I've called a bunch of stores in different parts of spain and the answer is the same if you didn't preorder you aren't getting wave 4.

Luckily I have a Ness incoming from Amazon UK and I have wave 4 secured at Walmart in the USA but I would have loved to be able to get the Eu versions of Wave 4

Like people have said, the amiibo situation seems to be getting worse not better.

So, Weekend over, reporting back from the Amiibo situation.

Media Mark in Viernheim had on friday evening just 3 Charizard Amiibos left. Talking to the chief clerk for the games, she told me they had just 2 Ness and Lucina, no Daraen/Robin.
They didn't even had the time to put on the price-tags, they were gone as soon as they opened the package.

Meaning: No Wario (at least not one left), no Ness, no Robin/Daraen, no Lucina. Pretty sad showing.

The Gamestop next to the Media Markt had none from Wave 4, clerk couldn't tell me if they get them at all. They had Mortal Kombat X for 55€, which is nice, considering it is not available in Germany due to a (still?) missing rating from the USK, was the PEGI-Version... but all units already "gamestop-opnened" ... f*ck that.

Saturn hasn't fulfilled my orders for the Wave 4 Fire Emblems ones yet, i guess they get cancelled soon ... glad i got them by luck on last monday.

Either Wave 4 is incredibly under-produced, or some countries must swim in wave 4 units (or scalpers).
Nintendo needs to get their shit together for the next waves!

Everything seems to random, seeing tons of Ike Amiibos everywhere, Marth (or better Marf with the derp face) was rare, and the other Fire Emblem-Amiibos are too.

Next 3 are available for preorder on Coolshop now!

Dr.Mario (£17.95)
Bowser .Jr (£13.96)
Olimar (£13.96)

...packaging isn't great from them though so be warned!

I saw a Charizard and a Wario sitting on the shelf in my local Sainsbury's, knowing nothing about Amiibo are those ones people are after?

H1PSTER

Next 3 are available for preorder on Coolshop now!

Dr.Mario (£17.95)
Bowser .Jr (£13.96)
Olimar (£13.96)

...packaging isn't great from them though so be warned!

They don't really seem to have any type of packaging judging by Twitter, they just shove it in a box and don't care.

MicH

The Pit I ordered from Coolshop a while back just came in a bubble envelope. Don't buy from them if you like your boxes

Only half of my GAME order came on Friday which was Wario. They still charged me for a Pac-Man but no sign of him. Pre-ordered both at the same time.

I got both dispatched emails, but weirdly the Pac-Man item isn't listed unter 'track your item' whereas in the Wario one, it is.

Has this happen to anyone else?

Top Bottom