• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I love the fact that Wario amiibo comes in his Wario Ware costume. That's a nice detail on the back of his jacket.

It's the main reason I got this one amiibo. I assume most future Wario amiibos will have him sporting his regular outfit.

Got a Ness amiibo from ebay for £35. The top half of the card is completely creased. The guy chucked it in a box and scrunched up a bin liner on top, which provided literally no padding whatsoever. Great!

Got a Ness amiibo from ebay for £35. The top half of the card is completely creased. The guy chucked it in a box and scrunched up a bin liner on top, which provided literally no padding whatsoever. Great!

Paying so much and the guy treats it so poorly.
Seeing those £40.00 to £50.00 prices now is so crazy.

Koren

Is wave four out on Japan/Europe?
It "is" in Europe (released last week), although it could as well not be (many shops haven't even received a *single* Amiibo of Ness, Pac-man or Lucina/Robin).

I think it's about to release in Japan, but some shops may have broken street date.

Koren

More and more rumors saying that the next waves (starting in june) will be 2 to 3 times larger in France than previous ones, and that there'll be reprints of rare ones in the coming months.

That being said, I've seen some talks about a 2000 -> 6000 increase, and I think I've read that while Lucina, Ness and cie was 2000, but Wario was already 6000 and is still really rare*.

So, 'far larger' is still relative... But at least, they're listening a little bit.

* not sure if it's FNAC numbers or whole country numbers... but 2000 for the country is 5 in my town that represent 1/400th of the population, and I don't think there has been 5 Ness in the whole town (in fact, I haven't found a store that has received a single Ness, and I think I've visited all of them, although I wasn't able to find a clerk in each of them that knew what they received), so that may be the number for the whole country.

Linius

Wario ain't rare at all in this country. Sounds about right that he came in a bigger number. He's pretty much the only amiibo you can spot 'in the wild'. Sometimes paired with Charizard. Haven't seen the rest of this wave in shops at all.

Wario ain't rare at all in this country. Sounds about right that he came in a bigger number. He's pretty much the only amiibo you can spot 'in the wild'. Sometimes paired with Charizard. Haven't seen the rest of this wave in shops at all.

Exactly the same here. You might see Wario and sometimes Charizard on the shelves. Not the others though. Not at all.

Bazry

My Ness, Lucina and Robin have just turned up over a week later from shopto, so relieved. I've mentioned it in here before, but they keep putting my home post code below my works address on their delivery label, no idea why this keeps happening, but it obviously causes a problem at the post office.

My Ness, Lucina and Robin have just turned up over a week later from shopto, so relieved. I've mentioned it in here before, but they keep putting my home post code below my works address on their delivery label, no idea why this keeps happening, but it obviously causes a problem at the post office.

Glad they turned up!

Yeah I have had the exact same problem with all of my recent orders from them. So some of my parcels obviously get held up at the post office while they figure it out :/

lbs.

Check the pre-order date, you might be entitled to £5 credit for the late delivery! :)

OK, as a noob, any advice?

I've got the following preorders:
a ShopTo pre-order for a Blue Yoshi
an Amazon pre-order for a Blue Yoshi
a Nintendo store pre-order for the Wooly World/Blue Yoshi bundle

I'm not fussed about not getting Wooly World, I've enough on my plate and I'll get round to it eventually, but I do want to make sure I get a blue Yoshi.

What pre-orders can/should I cancel? Am I safe with just the Amazon order? How can I avoid getting more than 1?

OK, as a noob, any advice?

I've got the following preorders:
a ShopTo pre-order for a Blue Yoshi
an Amazon pre-order for a Blue Yoshi
a Nintendo store pre-order for the Wooly World/Blue Yoshi bundle

I'm not fussed about not getting Wooly World, I've enough on my plate and I'll get round to it eventually, but I do want to make sure I get a blue Yoshi.

What pre-orders can/should I cancel? Am I safe with just the Amazon order? How can I avoid getting more than 1?

Hard to say as all 3 of those companies have cancelled orders in the past.

If you're looking to keep just one then I would probably go with Nintendo UK store. The best bet would be to keep a hold of all of them until a week before release and then cancel the ones you don't want about a week before.

Hard to say as all 3 of those companies have cancelled orders in the past.

If you're looking to keep just one then I would probably go with Nintendo UK store. The best bet would be to keep a hold of all of them until a week before release and then cancel the ones you don't want about a week before.

Cheers. Do we have any idea of how easy it'll be to shift duplicates if I end up with one?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
My Lucina from Mob just arrived - my collection is now complete again :D

lucina.jpg

Thank you so much Mob!

Bazry

Glad they turned up!

Yeah I have had the exact same problem with all of my recent orders from them. So some of my parcels obviously get held up at the post office while they figure it out :/

Cheers, i've opened a ticket with them asking why they keep doing it, so hopefully i'll get an answer from them

Bazry

Check the pre-order date, you might be entitled to £5 credit for the late delivery! :)

I pre ordered them as soon as they went up and release date was last Friday, so they're technically 2 days late. Do they give you £5 credit for small valued items?

lbs.

I pre ordered them as soon as they went up and release date was last Friday, so they're technically 2 days late. Do they give you £5 credit for small valued items?

There is a "guarantee" on the current amiibo pre-order pages, it's likely it was there when you got yours. :)

MicH

Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Dark Pit and Palutena also went up and sold out immediately. Couldn't even add them to my cart

MicH

Yeah, I got Jiggly and Greninja too. The other four went out so fast! :(

Amazon FR and DE haven't put those up yet, right? (Wave 5 and onwards)

Cappa

Banned
Yeah, I got Jiggly and Greninja too. The other four went out so fast! :(

Amazon FR and DE haven't put those up yet, right? (Wave 5 and onwards)
Amazon France and Germany had Greninja and Jigglypuff up weeks ago already... The rest of Wave 5 nope

MicH

Amazon France and Germany had Greninja and Jigglypuff up weeks ago already... The rest of Wave 5 nope
Good. I hope I can get in on them then. Really sad I missed these especially after my excellent experience with wave 4 from Amazon UK packaging-wise

Top Bottom