• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Andrin

My preorders of the next few waves were just cancelled from CDON :(
And the Media Markt I usually go to never even bothered to put in an order for the latest wave, so I don't have any of the newest amiibo :(
And I was doing so well in getting a full set too...

MicH

My preorders of the next few waves were just cancelled from CDON :(
And the Media Markt I usually go to never even bothered to put in an order for the latest wave, so I don't have any of the newest amiibo :(
And I was doing so well in getting a full set too...
Wait, which ones? I have Greninja, Jigglypuff and Blue Yoshi pre-ordered at CDON

artuuur

Neo Member
Managed to get both blue and pink Yoshis in separate orders but since Amazon wouldn't combine shipping I canceled them. No way I'm paying over 10£ on shipping.

Amazon ones already gone, huh? Never even had a chance.

One store here selling a Lucina for 30 euro. Only one I've seen.
Still. Paying double for an Amiibo is just...ugh.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
i'd love it if Amazon not only cancelled that order but banned them from all amazon websites for life

I hope they do. Someone on twitter knows the guy who did it and has reported him to his place of employment (Tesco), as well as Nintendo and amazon. I also reported him to amazon myself, who've said they're looking into it.

Ugh, I hate scalpers.

Looks like I missed Pink Yoshi!

Other than picking up that Wario a few days ago, the Trio of Yoshi was the only Amiibos I really wanted to pick up.

Damn!

Also, I have noticed Charizard Amiibo not moving at all in a local store in town. There was three Warios in that store - I bought one and the other two were picked up quick.

Look like no one wants Charizard. Is he not a popular Amiibo?

TheAnvil

Neo Member
I'd appreciate it if you guys helped report him to amazon, the more people that complain about it, the more likely it is that his order will be reversed.

Kyonashi

So I was lucky enough to get my Wave 4 order come through and so I have a spare Lucina in-box.

I'm looking to trade her for a Rosalina to complete my desired collection so far, but if that ends up being impossible I'll just sell her at cost+postage to a gaffer.

Please PM me if you have a Rosalina to trade! If I'm looking to sell in the near future I'll make another post on here. :)

(Pictures will go up soon but I'm not currently at home.)

TheAnvil

Neo Member
So I was lucky enough to get my Wave 4 order come through and so I have a spare Lucina in-box.

I'm looking to trade her for a Rosalina to complete my desired collection so far, but if that ends up being impossible I'll just sell her at cost+postage to a gaffer.

Please PM me if you have a Rosalina to trade! If I'm looking to sell in the near future I'll make another post on here. :)

(Pictures will go up soon but I'm not currently at home.)

If you're in the UK I'd love to take that Lucina off your hands if you can't find a Ros to trade with. I don't get extras to trade or anything, I just collect one of each for myself.

Murkas

Look like no one wants Charizard. Is he not a popular Amiibo?

I'd say he's popular but just probably over produced, arguably the most well known Pokemon after Pikachu so would make sense.

I feel sorry for people trying to complete the whole collection, can't be good for your health. I'm getting the few that I like and even that's becoming a chore, I just want Bowser Jr+Jigglypuff and maybe R.O.B+Mewtwo if/when they get announced.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Yes, I reported him.

Thanks. This really shouldn't be allowed. I wish amazon limited to one of each per customer.

I had the chance to order as many Yoshi Amiibo as I wanted but I wouldn't even want to do that, it's so unfair on other people who want them.

blazeuk

Thanks. This really shouldn't be allowed. I wish amazon limited to one of each per customer.

I had the chance to order as many Yoshi Amiibo as I wanted but I wouldn't even want to do that, it's so unfair on other people who want them.

A lot of companies do have limits in place to stop this sort of thing (just not set up specifically on the system to prevent it), Amazon's terms for example has this;

Please note that we sell products only in quantities which correspond to the typical needs of an average household. This applies both to the number of products ordered within a single order and the placing of several orders for the same product where the individual orders comprise a quantity typical for a normal household.

I imagine most of the time they don't really care because it doesn't affect anyone, but if enough people complain they'll look into orders which are clearly bulk buying.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
A lot of companies do have limits in place to stop this sort of thing (just not set up specifically on the system to prevent it), Amazon's terms for example has this;

I imagine most of the time they don't really care because it doesn't affect anyone, but if enough people complain they'll look into orders which are clearly bulk buying.

That's good, so we need as many people to complain as possible.

sammex

Phew I managed to get Robin as it popped up on ToysRus. £11.89...

plus £4.99 postage. Arf.

Ness disappeared out of stock and my basket during checkout. :(

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Phew I managed to get Robin as it popped up on ToysRus. £11.89...

plus £4.99 postage. Arf.

Ness disappeared out of stock and my basket during checkout. :(

Well at least you got Robin. Robin, Ness and Lucina disappeared out of my basket during checkout. Today I've missed out on all the Wave 5 ones on amazon, and all the wave 4 ones I need through TRU :(.

Give people (me) a link to complain!!

I did it through private chat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true

Spades

Little Mac is apparently coming in and out of stock on Tesco.com. Might be worth keeping the page open today if you still need him.

Flintty

Little Mac is apparently coming in and out of stock on Tesco.com. Might be worth keeping the page open today if you still need him.

I did a random check of Tesco earlier and saw that he was added but out of stock. I'm not hopeful of him coming back in :(

Koren

I did a random check of Tesco earlier and saw that he was added but out of stock. I'm not hopeful of him coming back in :(
Pretty sure it will, there's numerous reports of reprints for the summer that include Little Mac.

That's not to say it'll be easy to grab one. But at least, there's a second chance.

Top Bottom