• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

TheAnvil

Neo Member
I thought amazon's date was screwy. Why would they release 2 weeks after wave 4 lol?

Lucina went up on toysrus for a grand total of 30 seconds earlier. I just missed her :(.

Probably a long shot here, but does anyone have a gold Mario Amiibo that they're not interested in scalping? Help a fellow collector out?!

Zomba13

So am i correct in the assumption that the ONLY way to now procure new amiibo is to refresh amazon (or other sites that sell them for pre-order) 547 times a day every day in order to HOPEFULLY be quick enough to pre-order before they are all gone and then hope said site will actually respect that pre-order?

MicH

So am i correct in the assumption that the ONLY way to now procure new amiibo is to refresh amazon (or other sites that sell them for pre-order) 547 times a day every day in order to HOPEFULLY be quick enough to pre-order before they are all gone and then hope said site will actually respect that pre-order?
That sounds about right

cyba89

Yup.

Alternatively you can visit multiple shops 3 times a day on every day in launch-week, hoping they put the new Amiibos on shelves. And you better hope your stores actually gets all the new figures and not just the two common.

But you don't have to do any of this. You can alway pay thrice the money for an amiibo on ebay.

lbs.

Pushbullet has enabled me to pre-order the upcoming wave with no problems (so far.)

The most recent wave (Robin, etc.) I managed to get simply be lurking in these threads ;)

Saiyan-Rox

Amazon is so lucky I didn't intend to keep this sealed

l9fyyc7.jpg

Spades

It's been a while since I posted any photos, so here are a few updated ones of my complete
for now at least
EU collection:

CGYzFfQ.jpg

ibuSvi6.jpg

aBgJh4f.jpg

i'm going to move half of them down to another shelf soon as it's getting a little crowded on there!

I still think Amiibo look fantastic opened and all grouped together! Such colours!

It's been a while since I posted any photos, so here are a few updated ones of my complete
for now at least
EU collection:

CGYzFfQ.jpg

ibuSvi6.jpg

aBgJh4f.jpg

i'm going to move half of them down to another shelf soon as it's getting a little crowded on there!

I still think Amiibo look fantastic opened and all grouped together! Such colours!

Wow man! Looking really cool :)
Bowser needs a shelf for himself, he's massive!!

Koren

Dark Pit was up the other day I think. You'd have to wait for it to be put up again I suppose.
Yes, I know... But since they opened again the pre-orders for the other three, I'm wondering whether Dark Pit has been/will be available again too.

MicH

Got Palutena and Dark Pit the other day, but missed Ganon and ZSS. Just managed to get them! Yay! Contacted Amazon CS hoping they would be able to combine the two orders, but unfortunately they couldn't because ZSS was unavailable (what?). They did waive the shipping charge on my second order though, so that was awesome. ZSS is now listed as being unavailable on my order (instead of having the May 7th shipping date) which has left me a bit worried about getting her

Zafir

Yes, I know... But since they opened again the pre-orders for the other three, I'm wondering whether Dark Pit has been/will be available again too.

Well I doubt that'll be it. Dark Pit may be more popular I suppose. Greninja and Jigglypuff doesn't seem to have gone up again either as far as I've seen.

Koren

Got Palutena and Dark Pit the other day, but missed Ganon and ZSS. Just managed to get them! Yay! Contacted Amazon CS hoping they would be able to combine the two orders, but unfortunately they couldn't because ZSS was unavailable (what?). They did waive the shipping charge on my second order though, so that was awesome. ZSS is now listed as being unavailable on my order (instead of having the May 7th shipping date) which has left me a bit worried about getting her
Their release dates are totally incorrect, so I'd try again to merge the orders after may 7th... Maybe they couldn't because of those incorrect dates.

kubus

I've heard so many horror stories about combining amiibo shipments at amazon, if I were you I'd leave it as it is and not mess around with it anymore!

Apparently many employees at amazon aren't aware of the limited availability of amiibo so what they do is basically cancel your orders and (attempt to) place a new order with all the amiibo. But as we all know it doesn't work that way :p. I know one person who requested two amiibo orders to be combined and he lost all of his pre-ordered amiibo this way :s

MicH

Their release dates are totally incorrect, so I'd try again to merge the orders after may 7th... Maybe they couldn't because of those incorrect dates.
I think the problem is that ZSS for some reason doesn't have a shipping date (where the others say May 7th) which makes me nervous about getting her - and probably why he couldn't combine the two orders (ZSS was the issue, he could combine Ganon just fine)

I've heard so many horror stories about combining amiibo shipments at amazon, if I were you I'd leave it as it is and not mess around with it anymore!

Apparently many employees at amazon aren't aware of the limited availability of amiibo so what they do is basically cancel your orders and (attempt to) place a new order with all the amiibo. But as we all know it doesn't work that way :p. I know one person who requested two amiibo orders to be combined and he lost all of his pre-ordered amiibo this way :s
Yikes. I guess I should be happy they weren't combined then. I'll take my free shipping on my second order instead :p

Koren

I think the problem is that ZSS for some reason doesn't have a shipping date (where the others say May 7th) which makes me nervous about getting her
The 'no shipping date' wouldn't bother me more than a may 7th release when we know it'll be a end-of-june wave. ZSS may very well have no release date because Nintendo hasn't confirmed yet the exact date.

MicH

The 'no shipping date' wouldn't bother me more than a may 7th release when we know it'll be a end-of-june wave. ZSS may very well have no release date because Nintendo hasn't confirmed yet the exact date.
That could be true, though I seem to remember her having the May 7th date on her product page before being sold out. It's only because she has a different date (or doesn't have a date) to the other three that I'm concerned :p

Kito

When Amazon emailed me this morning about a new release date for an order, I was expecting Dark Pit or something, not Yoshi who has now been pushed forward three days. We're a week from the apparent 9/05 Wave 5 release - surely Amazon would have corrected it by now if it's wrong?

TheMoon

When Amazon emailed me this morning about a new release date for an order, I was expecting Dark Pit or something, not Yoshi who has now been pushed forward three days. We're a week from the apparent 9/05 Wave 5 release - surely Amazon would have corrected it by now if it's wrong?

Don't bet on it. It's simply impossible that ONLY Amazon UK gets the Wave 5 amiibo a whole month early.

weekev

Banned
All sold out. Anyone got any idea how I can get my hands on a pink and green yoshi without having to buy the game twice from the Nintendo store? Seem to be sold out everywhere else.

mclem

All sold out. Anyone got any idea how I can get my hands on a pink and green yoshi without having to buy the game twice from the Nintendo store? Seem to be sold out everywhere else.

I assume at some point Nintendo's store will get the standalone units.

Tanwo

Are the preorders for Olimar open anywhere?
There are only a few Amiibos I wanted to get, Ness and Olimar among them, and after not being able to get Ness, I don’t want to risk another one.
Ness is impossible to get anywhere, right? :(

TheMoon

Are the preorders for Olimar open anywhere?
There are only a few Amiibos I wanted to get, Ness and Olimar among them, and after not being able to get Ness, I don’t want to risk another one.
Ness is impossible to get anywhere, right? :(

hahahahahahahahah

No. :(

edit: my Conrad.de order with Toad in it got updated today saying Toad should arrive in calendar week 20 (that is next week). Before that it had a placeholder set for the last week of December. Take that with a grain of salt, though.

Nintendo just issued a statement on their facebook page on how they want to be able to supply demand for the future and make sure all characters are available and still be affordable. They say they're looking into ways to restock and work with retailers closely.

I've been largely quite lucky with my amiibo and have got all the ones I wanted this past wave, which is because I had to pay more and import Wave 3 after naively thinking I could walk into a shop and get them all like I had previously. I just hope Nintendo sort this out, because it's no fun, I can't imagine what it must be like when you're a kid trying to find just one amiibo of your favourite character and you can't even find a consolation character if all else fails, because there's literally no options.

I don't think I've even seen Mario around whenever I've been in shops. It's usually Pikachu, Peach, or the Kongs. Maybe a Link if you're lucky.

Mostly Mario/Peach/Diddy/Donkey/Link in my area (NE Scotland). The only Amiibo I've managed to get locally was Kirby from Argos randomly. Everything else was sourced online. Hopefully the supply chain can cope better with demand going forward...

mclem

I remember when I was collecting Skylanders I had quite good success by overriding the default 'buy from sellers' and insisted on purchasing from Amazon at the RRP. Now, though, it looks like Amazon are directly insisting that *that* is the RRP.

Lying about RRP might be a crime, actually. That's worth checking on. While Amazon don't claim it, is, I know Shopto do. Of course, it's possible the RRP has actually been changed, too...

Edit: Hmmm:
1.6 Comparisons with "Recommended Retail Price" or similar
1.6.1 You should not use a recommended retail price, or similar, as a basis of comparison which is not genuine, or if it differs significantly from the price at which the product is generally sold.
1.6.2 You should not use an RRP or similar for goods that only you supply.

(From https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...12-pricing-practices-guidance-for-traders.pdf ). "The price at which the product is generally sold" might be a get-out, there.

lbs.

You are all correct!

Think I'm out after the smash set is done!

£20 each is too much!

(Still gutted about missing Shulk, DDD and MK :( )

Porcile

Why doesn't Nintendo open up unlimited pre-orders at an earlier date and then just manufacture the amount of Amiibo which get pre-ordered, like they do with their games? This isn't really a Wii situation, it's a bunch of cheap plastic figures with a tiny chip inside. The limited pre-orders just feels so bullshit. Imagine not being able to pre-order a basic edition of a game, months before it was even due for release.

Top Bottom