• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/EU Amiibo Thread | Compatible with the regular-sized New Nintendo 3DS

Zafir

I think it's a bit cheeky that they offer bundles when the individual amiibo are out of stock.

I can't remember the last time they had Marth in stock but he's available with Codename STEAM and he's been available for a month or so in a £250 n3DS bundle. Villager has also been available in a n3DS bundle for a month or so.

Very annoying imo
It's typical of them. Was the same with the Xenoblade faceplate, it was still available bundled with the 3ds console, but the bundle with just the game was sold out. They never made the faceplate available individually.

Gotta make people spend more money, yo.
Bad form. It's like Nintendo are GAME in disguise!
Well, it's ran by Zavvi which do equally unscrupulous things.

I think it's a bit cheeky that they offer bundles when the individual amiibo are out of stock.

I can't remember the last time they had Marth in stock but he's available with Codename STEAM and he's been available for a month or so in a £250 n3DS bundle. Villager has also been available in a n3DS bundle for a month or so.

Very annoying imo
IIRC they did that for Villager and Little Mac (bundled with Smash), I would've actually gotten a copy of Code Name Steam and gifting the amiibo to someone I know. Too bad all the Code Name Steam amiibo bundles have sold out now =/

javac

Story time. So I ended up pre-ordering Lucina, Ness, Robin etc on Nintendo UK Store but for some reason the payment would never go through so I just left it and moved on, its just Amiibo after all. I had another look at my account today randomly and they were still just stuck at 'Payment Issue' so I tried to resolve it one more time...and they went through? Last time when that happened, Shulk changed to 'Out of Stock' before I could resolve it, really weird but hey that's cool I guess. I guess I won't get excited until they're at my door :p Are those three rare? I ended up just outright cancelling Pac-Man and Charizard.

Story time. So I ended up pre-ordering Lucina, Ness, Robin etc on Nintendo UK Store but for some reason the payment would never go through so I just left it and moved on, its just Amiibo after all. I had another look at my account today randomly and they were still just stuck at 'Payment Issue' so I tried to resolve it one more time...and they went through? Last time when that happened, Shulk changed to 'Out of Stock' before I could resolve it, really weird but hey that's cool I guess. I guess I won't get excited until they're at my door :p Are those three rare? I ended up just outright cancelling Pac-Man and Charizard.
Yes they are rare lol, but yeah don't get excited just yet man lol, they'll likely charge you but refund when they don't have extras, hopefully they do.

Koren

Yes, Robin, Lucina and Ness are unicorn-rare (as is Pac-Man). Wario and Charizard are the only uncommon of wave 4b.

They'll probably be restocked a bit, though.

javac

Yes they are rare lol, but yeah don't get excited just yet man lol, they'll likely charge you but refund when they don't have extras, hopefully they do.

Apparently Ness and Lucina just dispatched, weird its really late. I canceled that Charizard a while back so ignore that, Robin is still 'processing I guess that's not gonna happen?

37e6TJJ.png

Apparently Ness and Lucina just dispatched, weird its really late. I canceled that Charizard a while back so ignore that, Robin is still 'processing I guess that's not gonna happen?
Never know you might get lucky, but I think the Code Name Steam bundle may be due to the slower processing. Hopefully you'll get it.

javac

Never know you might get lucky, but I think the Code Name Steam bundle may be due to the slower processing. Hopefully you'll get it.

Its kind of funny because I feel kind of...empty about it all. I don't really care for them now that the wind has blown over, but I guess I'll accept them if they come :p I suppose Ness is pretty cool. A bit sad I canceled Pac-Man now, hes my main and I thought be might be common like Mega Man (?)

Conrad has a Dutch site as well, pretty good. They don't have Amiibo though and other Conrad departments don't ship internationally. :(

And as of today, Conrad.nl DOES have Amiibo. Every Amiibo that has been released so far is available to order, but I'm a little skeptical of course.

Little Mac in 12 days, DeDeDe in 6 weeks, etc.

TheMoon

And as of today, Conrad.nl DOES have Amiibo. Every Amiibo that has been released so far is available to order, but I'm a little skeptical of course.

Little Mac in 12 days, DeDeDe in 6 weeks, etc.

Don't put any stock in these dates. their German site operates the same way. I ordered a Lucina a few weeks ago that then said 11-12 days ...

You'll get your stuff but you'll get it whenever they actually get stock. Which is likely not what those estimates say.

JoeM86

I just hope I got my order in on time. Normally I'm there the second they get up, but now I was about 10 minutes late, but still got an order in...

Flintty

Dr Mario, Olimar, and Bowser Jr on Nintendo UK shop

go go go

I just got in, saw the email and shrugged, thinking I was too late. Then surprised to see they were still in stock! Order placed. These were the big three of next wave for me so I'm proper happy.

EmiPrime

I might have spares of all of the next wave because I don't know which pre-orders to cancel. Worried I will cancel one and the other falls through...

Chopper

You do know Nintendo UK store is run by The Hut group.
I do. But it's safe to say that my experiences with the Nintendo UK store are flawless so far, so I'm optimistic. Whereas the preorder I just cancelled is the first thing I have ordered from Zavvi in three years due to their incompetence in the past. It felt therapeutic.

I don't need more amiibos than are really necessary taking up the limited space in my house. Doubles of each of the new waves is defnitiely overkill.

mclem

I do. But it's safe to say that my experiences with the Nintendo UK store are flawless so far, so I'm optimistic.

For what it's worth, they've screwed up a few times for me (Well, once them, and once Yodel), but they've been very good at making it good afterwards.

So I missed out on the next wave of Amiibos that were available briefly on the Nintendo UK store yesterday afternoon (Dr Mario, Bowser Jr & Olimar).

That's what I get for bring employed. I assume they've not been made available to order anywhere else yet?

[edit] Also, what happened to gaffer Brian☆? I see that he's been banned now. I ordered a Japanese Robin amiibo from his AmiiboCheki site, but it's now moved to a new host (Pygehd.com), and the new host has been under construction for at last a month. Just trying to find out if my order is still on its way or not.

Mob

So I missed out on the next wave of Amiibos that were available briefly on the Nintendo UK store yesterday afternoon (Dr Mario, Bowser Jr & Olimar).

That's what I get for bring employed. I assume they've not been made available to order anywhere else yet?

[edit] Also, what happened to gaffer Brian☆? I see that he's been banned now. I ordered a Japanese Robin amiibo from his AmiiboCheki site, but it's now moved to a new host (Pygehd.com), and the new host has been under construction for at last a month. Just trying to find out if my order is still on its way or not.

This was the last update I saw from Brian:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1slrunq

After I saw that I contacted him through PayPal and requested cancellation of my orders and a refund. He refunded me within 24 hours.

Since that update I know one person has received a single amiibo out of the 5 he ordered, I'm not aware of anyone else receiving their orders.

Just a heads up, Dr. Mario, Olimar and Bowser Jr. are up on GAME website. They aren't showing up on the desktop version but you can preorder via the mobile version of the site. I've just got mine in.

BIGTAMR

Neo Member
Hey guys been following this thread as a new member, haven't seen anyone post that meta knight is available at the place that can't be linked, hiked there prices up to £19.85 or with Kirby for £39.85

Don't put any stock in these dates. their German site operates the same way. I ordered a Lucina a few weeks ago that then said 11-12 days ...

You'll get your stuff but you'll get it whenever they actually get stock. Which is likely not what those estimates say.
I knew this, but I'm still disappointed now that they've sent me the email confirming they wont be able to fulfill the order...

Top Bottom