• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election 2017 |OT2| No Government is better than a bad Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

KORNdoggy

Cons will win if boris takes over..sooo many people seem to like him

I'm not sure they like him in a "i want you to run the country" sort of way. It's more of "look at the idiot, this is entertaining" sort of way.

Its like people like watching dogs do dumb things on youtube but i can't imagine they'd want to give one any sort or responsibility. Lol.

jelly

I love that they ignored the 48% with all their united bollocks, get on with the red white and blue Brexit. How about no.

Empty

swindon south yougov 49% labour & 39% tory, reality 48 tory & 44 labour (!!!!!!)
wrexham yougov 51% labour, reality 49

Hey! I'm American and know very little about the U.K. electoral system. So forgive my absolute ignorance but could a progressive upset today (as seems to be happening, right?) have implications on Brexit since that's not, like, fully enacted yet? God, I have no idea what I'm even saying. I need to go educate myself, sorry.

kirblar

Very basically: vilified by left and right wing press so everyone had strong opinions with no exposure to him. May (Con leader) saw this as opportunity to steal seats from labour. People had to listen to Corbyn because it's an election, realised he wasn't a cunt. May and conservatives acted like cunts. Shot selves in foot.
*Shot selves in foot with a BFG, Railgun, Golden Gun, and Junkrat's Ultimate. Over the course of only a month.

Shit happens. It's becoming apparent the tory landslide isn't coming to fruition.

And I will celebrate that alone! Anything else is whatever. Except IDS losing. I'd fucking cheer like a game-winning-penalty if it weren't for the neighbours kids.

Also, Drink No. 14!!!!

Edit: And 15!

Yep, YouGov finally wrong about a seat, and in Conservative's favour. Shame.

But at the very least we'll be seeing May with a very small majority, and Labour with everything to play for in the next election. Brexit negotiations are a poisoned chalice to be fair, so I wouldn't be too upset with this outcome.

Lo-Volt

Are there people in Wales who don't speak English? If no, why the translation?

Language rights and security was a big deal in British politics outside of England in the 20th century. Part of Plaid's reason of being was defending the language in public life.

Barzul

Hey! I'm American and know very little about the U.K. electoral system. So forgive my absolute ignorance but could a progressive upset today (as seems to be happening, right?) have implications on Brexit since that's not, like, fully enacted yet? God, I have no idea what I'm even saying. I need to go educate myself, sorry.
I'm US GAF also but no, think everyone agrees Brexit is happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom