• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK General Election 2017 |OT2| No Government is better than a bad Government

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

IDS is my MP, would love to see the back of that cunt.

I can't see it happening, but there were lots of young people at my polling station...

Two hours until the results floodgates open. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some adjustments to the exit poll prediction made in the next hour.

FWIW I'm calling Hallam as lost - frustrating but not outside the realm of possibility due to the youth vote surge.

Maybe it's still a good night - I think Clegg might be OK losing Hallam if we still do well.

Still very early, but signs are showing a hung parliament, in which no political party actually holds the majority of the seats, and therefore cannot govern without aide from political opposition. Basically, nothing can get done - and given how, before May declared a GE, the tories had enough seats to get ANYTHING THEY WANT done, it's already looking better than any of us could hope for.

Why did May declare the GE in the first place?
What was the goal if the already had a solid majority to get anything done?

Why are we having news which is basically the same stuff we're already watching?

It's very odd. But I presume it's as the coverage may be on BBC World News where there's a bit more expectation of bulletins? I get recapping is nice but you're hardly going to be *joining* at 1am and need it.

mclem

Does anyone have a link to the full YouGov poll that's currently mapping quite nicely to the current results? I've seen snippets quoted periodically, but not the full thing.

What does that mean? Sorry, probably a basic question, but my knowledge of Brit policy is only in passing

Murdoch is a massive media mogul responsible for the general right wing alignment of print media, and consequently, much of the Conservative party's support.

Pissing him off is good.

Wes

venison crêpe
Robert Peston thinks another general election in Autumn seems inevitable.

Some more good tidbits on his twitter.

Corbyn's chances against Boris would be better than against May, right? I don't think Boris physically can portray himself as even vaguely strong or stable, for one.

Jibbed

Can someone explain to a non-brit what it currently looks like and what this means?

Currently predictions are all over the place, but it's pretty clear the Conservatives (current ruling party) won't get a majority, so will either need to seek a deal with other parties or rule as a minority (aka. get fuck all passed).

It's pretty much a given that May (current PM) will be gone if the current outlook plays out.

Outside chance of a Labour (main opposition) government with a coalition/deal with minorities.

Murdoch is a massive media mogul responsible for the general right wing alignment of print media, and consequently, much of the Conservative party's support.

Pissing him off is good.

Yeah, I know who he is due to his owning of Fox and now the WSJ. Didn't know he was so deeply involved in British media, too, but hell, not surprised I guess. Bastard.

mo60

So it looks like Nuttall, May and sturgeon won't be the leader of their parties after this election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom