• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 now available on Steam

Momentary

Banned
Dat 8K goodness with no slowdown.

33168212501_92ec15e928_o.jpg

You can even crop the screen and still have it sitting at 5K.

Game looks pretty damn good for how old it is.

So boys. I'm getting like 10fps and my GPU is only using about 20% of the power. What am I doing wrong?

check that: 6-7 frames per second, 19% of GPU used.

Momentary

Banned
desktop. i7 6700k, 1080 FTW, 32GB ram, etc.

Oh damn... You should be eating this alive. Is the GPU thermal throttling for some reason maybe? Or maybe GPU utilization for the game defaulted to use minimum power?

Are you using Afterburner? I had issues with that. Also GSync tends to create issues from time to time for some reasons.

Oh damn... You should be eating this alive. Is the GPU thermal throttling for some reason maybe? Or maybe GPU utilization for the game defaulted to use minimum power?

Are you using Afterburner? I had issues with that. Also GSync tends to create issues from time to time for some reasons.

Nah. Not affecting any other games.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
So boys. I'm getting like 10fps and my GPU is only using about 20% of the power. What am I doing wrong?

check that: 6-7 frames per second, 19% of GPU used.

Set prefer maximum performance in Nvidia Control Panel. For same games, if they're really light on your GPU it basically just doesn't fully clock itself up. That setting should force it to treat the game as if its intensive and use the full brunt of your GPU.

Set prefer maximum performance in Nvidia Control Panel. For same games, if they're really light on your GPU it basically just doesn't fully clock itself up. That setting should force it to treat the game as if its intensive and use the full brunt of your GPU.

Yea it was on prefer max performance.

edit: for whatever reason, a system restart fixed it. Playing at something like 6880 x 2880 feels pretty good, I must say.

if my PC can handle Ultra SFIV could it also run this game?

specs are pretty weak here

edit

here are my specs

AMD athlon dual core processor 4450e 2.30 GHZ

ram 4gb

vaderise

MODS! 1080P/60 FPS! MORE PLAYERS!
IT IS MAHVEL BABY!

Edit:I don't know how but i succesfully prevented myself from buying this game 4th time. I will wait for a price drop and some decent mods.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
If the license expire again, this game will be taken down from Steam right? Just curious.

Not that I haven't already purchased it pre-launch. I am downloading now.

if my PC can handle Ultra SFIV could it also run this game?

specs are pretty weak here

edit

here are my specs

AMD athlon dual core processor 4450e 2.30 GHZ

ram 4gb
At the very least, you can download it and test to see if it can run it, then do a steam refund if it chugs or something.

For comparisons sake, my laptop could run Ultra on the bare minimum graphic settings smooth as butter, but I'm sure it can't handle this because I don't have nearly enough v-ram. If there's settings to lower the graphic quality, then it'd be a different story.

At the very least, you can download it and test to see if it can run it, then do a steam refund if it chugs or something.

For comparisons sake, my laptop could run Ultra on the bare minimum graphic settings smooth as butter, but I'm sure it can't handle this because I don't have nearly enough v-ram. If there's settings to lower the graphic quality, then it'd be a different story.

will keep that in mind thanks!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Time to play it before I go see Logan

Hopefully we'll have some good mods in the next few months

vg260

People in Steam reviews saying the game is having trouble with X360/X1 controllers, anyone confirm?

Weird. That sounds like what was happening with KI. Anyone have any more info on what controllers weren't working? Maybe it was a Win10 Anniversary update thing and not a KI issue.

If this is the case, I don't mind waiting longer for a fix and a discount. It was weird GMG apparently didn't get keys from Capcom.

V_Arnold

Dunno about crossplay, but every time I try to do training with ranked toggled on, I find an opponent within 10-20second.

Pejo

Ok, so how many characters have the modding community added/modified costumes for so far?

Buying this as soon as I get home tonight.

Already, how...

So it's even got Arthur taunting like Sentinel, moving his arms in the same way. I wonder if that works for all characters, or is there specific limb articulation that's only attached to characters with two arms. Would it work for Shuma!?!

I'm scared of what body horror shit would go down if someone maps a human character to Shuma's moveset

JeTmAn81

Is RT/R2 the best way to dash? Characters walk so slow

Many, perhaps most, characters have wavedashes. This only works for characters who can cancel their dashes, like Wesker, Magneto, Dante, Vergil and others. If their dash is cancellable, you can cancel it by pressing the down button, then immediately inputting a dash again. The most efficient way of doing it is using two attack buttons (or RT/R2, which should be macro for two attack buttons) to dash, then hit down, then hit the dash again, rinse and repeat. Once you have the timing down you can move very quickly. You can do it even faster if you learn how to plink.

Momentary

Banned
That's a really tiny mouse cursor, but can't unsee it now.

Lol. I didn't even notice. Time to take the video down. That's gonna bother the hell oUT of me.

Edit: Actually I can't see it on my phone... will have to wait until I get off work.

Edit: I see it now on my big monitor.

Top Bottom