• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 now available on Steam

Prurient

Banned
Would there be any way to mod the character models in Heroes & Heralds offline mode so they are the original models and not the silver versions? I play that a lot when I have some time to waste, but would rather everyone looks normal.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
A seppuku version of Spiral Swords is the next logical step.

EDIT: Also,

VSJaEyQ.png

Is there any way to disable voice chat? I tried setting chat volume to zero in sound options, but I can still hear opponents rattling at their buttons whenever I play against anyone.

Just wanted to throw in that this game is fantastic! I decided to buy it because I wanted it really bad last gen, but owned no console it was on. I was hoping online wouldn't be full of veterans, and thankfully, my experience been pretty chill so far.

FSLink

Banned
Turn down the volume for that all the way down in the in-game audio options.

Learned my lesson after my first online match.

I ran into ChrisG online and he was muttering/whining in the mic that I kept dolphin kicking with Nova lol

In my defense I'm in Hawaii and the connection wasn't exactly stellar.

There's a difference between making mods, and coming together in agreement for something like Project M. Anyone can do the former, but I have no faith in the FGC to do the latter.

Yeah, Project M was pretty ridiculous on a technical level and an achievement on a community level too. Too bad the fear of Nintendo ninjas helped kill it off lol

Anybody mod back Magneto's alt costume yet?

drotahorror

MvC3 looks very entertaining but hard to play.

What does your average input string look like?
Are combos insanely easy to string or something? Cuz it doesn't seem like it would be easy to string together a 70 hit combo if it required as tight of timing as say SF4 or 5, or even MKX.

Thanks if anyone replies.

MvC3 looks very entertaining but hard to play.

What does your average input string look like?
Are combos insanely easy to string or something? Cuz it doesn't seem like it would be easy to string together a 70 hit combo if it required as tight of timing as say SF4 or 5, or even MKX.

Thanks if anyone replies.

its very lenient, it uses a chain combo system rather than links. basic combo structure is basically the same for everybody with exceptions. Starting out its basically Light, Medium, Hard, Launcher, Jump, Medium, Medium, Hard, Launcher. As you get better you can incorporate specials and assists.

drotahorror

its very lenient, it uses a chain combo system rather than links. basic combo structure is basically the same for everybody with exceptions. Starting out its basically Light, Medium, Hard, Launcher, Jump, Medium, Medium, Hard, Launcher. As you get better you can incorporate specials and assists.

Thanks, sounds sort of similar to Darkstalkers? Been a while since I played tbh.

Goddamn, looks like less and less people are playing PS4 Mahvel now due to the pc port. Guess I may have to get it after all (I was planning on it when some really good mods come out but it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet soon).

That's disgusting.

DC Douglas is a national treasure.

ZeroCDR

Swapped the character select music for MvC2 TU4AR and replaced the match results music with Vanilla's. Love. It.

I should probably be playing Zelda but I keep playing Marvel instead lol, the netcode works really well on my end. It's nice to finally have a mostly smooth experience online, so much fun.

Are there any mods to fix the audio issues?

As a Frank player I find the zombie plunger to be hilarious, I'm keeping it unless they fix it themselves.

xHiryu

anyone down for some games? cant play rn due to shitty internet (kudos to the snowstorm) but my steam name is xGrizzly. the one with the max payne profile pic haha

I'm sorry but WHAT THE HELL IS HE SAYING IN DANTE'S THEME?

All I can make out is "THE EYE CANNCEEERRRRR" and "Bless me with your gift of light."

Dahbomb

shaowebb

You mention the file format for the animation files. Their locations are easy enough to swap but that format is one I'm unfamiliar with. If the models with the rigs intact are fully extractable I'd be down to test some new animations if I can figure out how to get it into the proper format for you once I'm done timing the animations. Not certain how to move the hit box or hurt box locations but one step at a time.

Top Bottom