• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 now available on Steam

Weird. That sounds like what was happening with KI. Anyone have any more info on what controllers weren't working? Maybe it was a Win10 Anniversary update thing and not a KI issue.

If this is the case, I don't mind waiting longer for a fix and a discount. It was weird GMG apparently didn't get keys from Capcom.

My SFxTK fightpad didn't work, I had to use joy2key of all things in order to get it to work. I plan on picking up one of those Killer Instinct fightpads when I go to get my XOne version. Then I'll have all three.

Edit: Apparently there is no Killer Instinct fightpad and the Xbox One Hori fightpad does not come out until May.

fr0st

Banned
Many, perhaps most, characters have wavedashes. This only works for characters who can cancel their dashes, like Wesker, Magneto, Dante, Vergil and others. If their dash is cancellable, you can cancel it by pressing the down button, then immediately inputting a dash again. The most efficient way of doing it is using two attack buttons (or RT/R2, which should be macro for two attack buttons) to dash, then hit down, then hit the dash again, rinse and repeat. Once you have the timing down you can move very quickly. You can do it even faster if you learn how to plink.
I wish I can do this lol

I play using the claw style and it's impossible to use the shoulder buttons to dash

vg260

My SFxTK fightpad didn't work, I had to use joy2key of all things in order to get it to work. I plan on picking up one of those Killer Instinct fightpads when I go to get my XOne version. Then I'll have all three.

Edit: Apparently there is no Killer Instinct fightpad and the Xbox One Hori fightpad does not come out until May.

I have an SF4 fightpad that worked in KI before some update broke it, but it still works in other games like SFV. Does yours work in SFV? It sounds like it could be a Windows driver issue with certain controllers then, and not just a KI issue.

ZeroCDR

How's netplay?

Probably won't buy until after EVO so I don't stop practicing SFV and T7...

At least as good as it is on Xbox 360, feels a little better to me and definitely smoother on any stage. Depending on who you're connected to, of course, but I've had some really good matches that felt great.

I wish it was rollback, sure, but it's working.

I have an SF4 fightpad that worked in KI before some update broke it, but it still works in other games like SFV. Does yours work in SFV? It sounds like it could be a Windows driver issue with certain controllers then, and not just a KI issue.

I have tried the x360ce driver and default driver and could not get either to work. I also tried many of the fixes in the steam discussion forum. Nothing worked except Joy2Key

petran79

Banned
I'll play single player. Dont have many Steam friends anyway.

Still have a Dreamcast with MvC1 (with 4 player mode) and MvC2

Nabs

Do ps3 Fightstick TEs work with this on PC?

It will work if your PC recognizes it, but you may have to change it from d-pad to left stick to get the joystick working. If you ever run into a game that doesn't support your arcade stick, you can always use the new Steam controller setup to turn it into a generic Xinput controller.

0f3hyz1.png

DemiMatt

It will work if your PC recognizes it, but you may have to change it from d-pad to left stick to get the joystick working. If you ever run into a game that doesn't support your arcade stick, you can always use the new Steam controller setup to turn it into a generic Xinput controller.

Thank you! I'll try it out tonight with another game.

Restarted my PC and it works fine with my gamepad now. Not sure what happened but Im thinking it had to do with me having another gamepad plugged in at one point before trying the game. I believe it was registering as P2 the entire time lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Seth Killian got mad and ranted at me for a similar reason lol

If you were there when I lost, I let out the biggest WHAT THE FUCK? In my life the salt was real.

It wasn't your converter that was fucking it up tho was the other dudes. Dropped 6 reka's, 2 ultras and 5 back dashes

Paltheos

As great as this is, I can't put down money on this yet. Especially since the idea of massive combos you can't get out of makes me want to pulverize my controller just thinking about it.

That's just what Marvel is, man. Great for the viewer, potentially hellish for the participant. If you want to play games that let you break out of huge combos, Guilty Gear and Killer Instinct come to mind. And of course there's the game DI your way out of combos, the greatest fighter of all time - Super Smash Brothers Melee.*

I decided partway into my post that I just wanted to shoehorn Smash in because I love it so much.

Havent seen the jump properties codes yet. Lets get that Beta MVC3 universal airdash and double jump popping.

They just need to bring MVC2 over to the PC somehow so it can "Melee" the "Meleer."

MvC2 for some reason has people overly fond of it, even if it's not particularly good, and it's already had mugen clones and files edited for the various versions of the game on various platforms.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
There's a difference between making mods, and coming together in agreement for something like Project M. Anyone can do the former, but I have no faith in the FGC to do the latter.

I'd implement every single change dahbomb asked for

except I'd also make all of Vergil's attacks do 1HP damage.

Top Bottom