• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xevren

Banana Kid said:
I'm swinging by Kmart today since they seem to have a reputation for not giving a shit about release dates.

GET READY FOR URLEY-GAF EVERYONE

Going to be hard, because K-mart will not be carrying UMVC3.

Dirtbag

enzo_gt said:
List is full of fail without Spiderman. Doom and Zero? really? REALLY?

I guess there is just a limit to how many black versions I really want to see. Dudes basically got 3 black alts.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
HK-47 said:
How often does a Magneto user wish Gravity Squeeze had that though? What situations does that hurt him in?

Practically none. It's just a difference.

Zero's can also punish multiple characters a la happy birthdays. Though it doesn't reach full screen or OTG.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dahbomb said:
Squeeze doesn't hit multiple characters at once. Best LVL3 is still Arthur's (or Phoenix Wright if you get to it).

Does Ryu's Shoryuken hyper catch both characters? I assume it does.

Dahbomb

Vergil: level 4 dmg
Base: 610k
Level 1: 762k
Level 2: 915k
Level 3: 1067k
That sounds SO MUCH MORE SANE and in line with current X Factor estimates.

Phoenix Wright probably has exclusive XF bonsues or some shit.

Looks like jump cancellable to me. Enzo you need to edit that in the changelog (if it's in already just take out the ? mark if not then add it in as f+M and f+H are jump cancellable).

YAY for unlisted changes!

Frantic

sephi22 said:
Vergil: level 4 dmg
Base: 610k
Level 1: 762k
Level 2: 915k
Level 3: 1067k
Phoenix Wright god tier confirmed. Vergil can't even scratch the XF1 damage with Level 3 X-Factor.

Road

GuardianE said:
lmao

Wright

XFLVL 1: ~165% Damage Boost
XFLVL 3: ~185% Damage Boost

Amazing. I love it.
I thought the hyper did 600k, so it would be damage increased to 180% and 200%. And that also makes more sense being round numbers.

If there's a non-XF doing 650k in the video, ignore me -- can't watch Youtube right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb said:
That sounds SO MUCH MORE SANE and in line with current X Factor estimates.

Phoenix Wright probably has exclusive XF bonsues or some shit.
Why do you guys still keep assuming X-Factor bonuses are universal? They never said they were, only "normalized." which just means they lowered the range a bit. They're still character specific.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Varjet said:
If it's a cinematic, it only hits the point character.
So, no.

Actually, it only hits A character. In certain cases of happy birthdays, hitting the assist will cause a whiffed animation on numerous lvl 3's, including Gravity Squeeze. Catch Sentinel assist in a happy birthday and his big, dumb robot ass will actually block the Gravity Squeeze.

Road said:
I thought the hyper did 600k, so it would be damage increased to 180% and 200%. And that also makes more sense being round numbers.

If there's a non-XF doing 650k in the video, ignore me -- can't watch Youtube right now.

Not sure. I thought that it was 650,000 but I can't look it up to verify right now. MvC3 vanilla had X-Factor values at 145% and 155% and so forth, so it's certainly possible in UMvC3.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Varjet said:
If it's a cinematic, it only hits the point character.
So, no.

Weird. I wonder why they leave the damage lower for that one, since other lvl 3s are just as comboable.

Dahbomb

Yeah I am starting to believe the whole "X factor bonuses normalized but not made equal".

There is a huge difference between Wright and Vergil X Factor values but I guess that might be Turnabout mode. Dark Vergil... falling? :(

Enzo yea you need to edit the changelog with the new Hsien Ko changes and probably make the Trish ones more clear. Probably make a note in the X factor one as well to make sure that people know that it is normalized not made universal.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
HK-47 said:
Weird. I wonder why they leave the damage lower for that one, since other lvl 3s are just as comboable.

You can combo afterwards.

Also, comparing Lvl3 to Lvl3 isn't really fair. There are other aspects of the character to consider, which may have played into their balancing of the Lvl3.

_dementia said:
Good point. Thank you based Madcatz.
I'm assuming turbo will be banned at tournaments like it always has been in the past. I'm also assuming there will be nothing to stop people from using turbo online, so I'll probably just go ahead and use it unless maxed out mashing is really easy.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dahbomb said:
Yeah I am starting to believe the whole "X factor bonuses normalized but not made equal".

There is a huge difference between Wright and Vergil X Factor values but I guess that might be Turnabout mode. Dark Vergil... falling? :(

You can have Dark Vergil if you just make him go through 3 stances, give him no mobility and make him need to tag an opponent in order for him to dark devil trigger

Varjet

GuardianE said:
Actually, it only hits A character. In certain cases of happy birthdays, hitting the assist will cause a whiffed animation on numerous lvl 3's, including Gravity Squeeze. Catch Sentinel assist in a happy birthday and his big, dumb robot ass will actually block the Gravity Squeeze.
Huh, that sounds infuriating.
You can combo after it?
But I guess you can do that after Gravity Squeeze too(?), so the points moot.

h3ro

Dirtbag said:
Frank West has far and away the best alts. They are so fitting to his character.

Best Alt colors

1. Frank West
2. Strider
3. Firebrand
4. Doom
EDIT: 5. Iron Man
6. Zero

Hawkeye also

Turquoise Jeep Sent, Nimrod Sent, Ghost Trick Phoenix Wright with Ammy Missle, Bucky Cap, Age of X Cap, Quasar Nova, Ken Rooo, Shadow Lady Chun, Capt Hook Tasky, Dante Vergil, Vergil Dante....

I could go on for hours...

The alts in this game are fantastic.

URLEY GAF IS THE BEST GAF.

Parallax Scroll said:
I'm assuming turbo will be banned at tournaments like it always has been in the past. I'm also assuming there will be nothing to stop people from using turbo online, so I'll probably just go ahead and use it unless maxed out mashing is really easy.
I wonder if replays capture inputs. It was the best way to expose turbo bisons and hondas in SSF4, lol.

_dementia said:
I wonder if replays capture inputs. It was the best way to expose turbo bisons and hondas in SSF4, lol.
I don't play much SF4 so I forgot about that. What is the online community's stance on people using turbo online for SF4?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
_dementia said:

? I thought there weren't replays. I really hope I'm wrong here.

sephi22

Nils said:
Can you check how much damage a raw hyper beam from Nova does in XF3 and with 30% or more red damage done to him.
NO XF, No mashing, no red health: 217k
Level 3 XF, No mashing, around 30% red health: 544k

Dahbomb said:

Enzo yea you need to edit the changelog with the new Hsien Ko changes and probably make the Trish ones more clear. Probably make a note in the X factor one as well to make sure that people know that it is normalized not made universal.
It'd be best to make it an end of the day kind of thing so that he can do it all at once when he compiles all the discovered changes for a single day.

Dahbomb

Enzo edit the damn changelog... GET ON IT!

NO XF, No mashing: 217k
Level 3 XF, No mashing: 544k
WTF @ those values... Nova has more than a 200% boost in XFLVL3!!!!

Anchor character confirmed.

Dartastic

I have a feeling that some of you are going to poop yourselves when the game comes out re: hilarious not announced awesome. -.-

sephi22

shaowebb said:
So...got the webcam and livestream thing setup yet Sephi?
Fuck you, you sly bastard. Saw your post in SRK. I'ma let you go since I posted before you, but now there are 100 lurkers waiting to jump into my stream if I set it up. Probably not going to happen tonight. There are too many things for me to test and I'm not having too much fun.

McNum

sephi22 said:
YOU FUCKERS DARE DOUBT ME?

It does 1.2 million in XF level 3. Yeah. Day 0 patch nerf confirmed?
So the only character left standing after an XF3 Phoenix Wright Lv. 3 is Thor? Yeah, when Wright is in Turnabout Mode, you had better not give him ANY opening. Pretty much like he plays in his own games. Go on, give him an out, a tiny insignificant detail that probably won't mat- OBJECTION! And then you lose.

The trick, of course, is landing Bridge to the Turnabout. If Wright gets a somewhat easy way to guarantee that, he'll be awesome. If not, he'll be novelty. But for a 1.2 million damage lure, someone WILL find a way to make it work. I look forward to trying him out.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
sephi22 said:
NO XF, No mashing, no red health: 217k
Level 3 XF, No mashing, around 30% red health: 544k

And with mashing? Forgot to add that apparently but I was wondering what the absolute max would be.

Beth Cyra

Has Wolverine's damage been checked yet? Since there was a debate over if that video of Wolv was X Factor Lvl 1 or 2? This could be a good way to find out, if not that is.

Dahbomb

TruePrime said:
Has Wolverine's damage been checked yet? Since there was a debate over if that video of Wolv was X Factor Lvl 1 or 2? This could be a good way to find out, if not that is.
We ended that debate... it was 100% XFLVL2.

Chavelo

Dahbomb said:
Nah I will keep my non-gimmick Vergil thank you very much.

Have fun being a clone/step brother/half brother. :3

phoenix_wright_drinking_juice_by_aeridis-d3fe7nx.gif

sephi22

Okay, here's the deal.

I'll livestream the game if you really, really want me to, but if I do that, I will not answer any further questions while I'm livestreaming. I'll run through the various modes, hit up training mode, gallery, challenge mode, etc., but I will not entertain the stream monsters or requests. I'll be looking up questions asked here on my iPod and I may or may not answer them.

Will you cross the line GAF?

shaowebb

sephi22 said:
Fuck you, you sly bastard. Saw your post in SRK. I'ma let you go since I posted before you, but now there are 100 lurkers waiting to jump into my stream if I set it up. Probably not going to happen tonight. There are too many things for me to test and I'm not having too much fun.

LOL. Peeeeeeeer pressure. Outted your existence as someone with the game on SRK and mentioned we were gonna try to pressure you into a stream. Now the mob hungers for you.

S'okay though. Enjoy that shit for awhile until your ready to go in on this since it'd be like doing a marathon of homework. Just play, have fun, post if something gets you excited. See what you can unlock in endings or the lab and just have fun for awhile. When you're ready set up you cam and make the announcement.

sephi22 said:
Okay, here's the deal.

I'll livestream the game if you really, really want me to, but if I do that, I will not answer any further questions while I'm livestreaming. I'll run through the various modes, hit up training mode, gallery, challenge mode, etc., but I will not entertain the stream monsters or requests. I'll be looking up questions asked here on my iPod and I may or may not answer them.

Will you cross the line GAF?

O_O Really?

288nywg.gif

Holy shit dude. Yeah go for it! If we are allowed to watch you thats enough for me. You can answer that shit when or if you feel like it. I'd love to see you play. Totally understand that QA can be tedious grinding and may taint your first run on this so just pop her in and let her fly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom