• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JazzmanZ said:
I've never played online, but now that I recently bought a PS3, I'll probably give it a go.
Although I'm going to be terrible :( MvC3 is my first real fighting game beyond Smash bros, and my only other history with anything Capcom vs. was when I was a kid I'd play Street fighter II and Marvel superheroes at the arcade in a bowling alley.
Smash players make great transitions to Marvel. I've seen it far too many times IRL for it not to be a fact to me. My friends who primarily play Smash are sick at MvC3.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
enzo_gt said:
@devestatorprime, Bark & Azure, glad to see I'M not the only one in that boat. It's a really hard emotion to describe.

Scrub GAF unite! I played someone from MarvelGAF once who considered themselves a scrub and got my ass kicked...for some reason I think it was you enzo.

IntelliHeath said:
enzo, and every360gaffers

GET ON AND PLAY MVC3!
I'm on! :O

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
A Human Becoming said:
Scrub GAF unite! I played someone from MarvelGAF once who considered themselves a scrub and got my ass kicked...for some reason I think it was you enzo.

I'm on! :O

which account?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A Human Becoming said:
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE

I should be studying.. but oh fuck it let's get some games in. My GT is arvinater, so you guys know who it is that's getting destroyed.

Just added the MahvelGAF tag, and I'm totally available for play right now. If anyone wants to see if they really are scrubs, play me. If I can beat you consistently the answer is yes =P

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I might hop on in a little. Don't think I've played online in over a month.

GT is Sixfortyfive.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
*sees HooliganThrow/Bob White I think in lobby*
*is master lord*

FUCK

He trolling us :(

Flying away and setting traps.

Tried to cheap eliminating him out of our way but i screwed up. I thought I had level 3 xfactor but I didn't.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Frantic said:
So, anyone want to throw me an invite? GT: Citanarf.

I was about but I just saw you got in.

I wish I can kick Bob White and let scrubs play. :evillaugh He is too good for us. right? right?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
IntelliHeath said:

I wish I can kick Bob White and let scrubs play. :evillaugh He is too good for us. right? right?

If he ever loses I'm jumping back in. Until then I'm practicing.

IntelliHeath said:

You could always just get out of the lobby and start another one?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
SolarKnight said:
You could always just get out of the lobby and start another one?

Oh, I was being sarcasm but I am not that heartless. :lol I think I can take him out next if he is going to use other team.

Edited: oh fuck me. I accidently clicked wrong button to made myself bottom of list for rematch.

If anyone wants to add me I'm robut on xbl. Keep in mind I like to play keep away and I have poor internet service so look forward to frustration!

Dahbomb

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE OP!!!!!!!

OH WE SO FUCKING IN THERE!!!! And LMAO @ the blow ups from the previous OTs GOOD SHIT!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
robut said:
If anyone wants to add me I'm robut on xbl. Keep in mind I like to play keep away and I have poor internet service so look forward to frustration!

Check OP for gamertag and add that name. I am keeping my eyes on other account.

Edited: Now I am more exciting for UMVC3 more than ever because of Spec Mode! O_O

koryuken

I ordered the guide with 1st overnight shipping... lets see what happens. I should get it on Wednesday if the gamestop date is legit. I will share the wealth :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dahbomb is in here, this OT is now complete.

*patiently awaits second blow up in GAF 360 lobby*

EDIT: *accidentally presses Y button in lobby* FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
enzo_gt said:
Dahbomb is in here, this OT is now complete.

*patiently awaits second blow up in GAF 360 lobby*

EDIT: *accidentally presses Y button in lobby* FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

Same here. I was one person away from battle, and I clicked Y.

koryuken said:
I ordered the guide with 1st overnight shipping... lets see what happens. I should get it on Wednesday if the gamestop date is legit. I will share the wealth :)

It's not a street dated guide so it wasn't shipped early and is more likely Friday/Monday.

ReiGun

Oh people doing session on the night I don't have class in the morning. :D

I have homework to finish though. D:

HEY DUDES I SPENT WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON THIS BECAUSE I WANT TO BE INCLUDED
4c88T.jpg

I still wanna add Q as Firebrand with a boner but right now I am gonna jump on live, my GT is John Dudebro and I am gonna THROW DOWN

Bob White

I wasn't trolling you guys. That garbage trish team is my real team. :( I'm all doom cheese and a few rush downs, nothing much.

YESSS I FINALLY GOT MY 8-PLAYER LOBBY ACHIEVEMENT

That's pretty much the last achievement I needed that doesn't involve winning matches, so I'm golden!

Masamuna

Been trying to produce some positive theory crafting about IF since SRK is being all doom and gloom.

What we know:

ASS in the air (bububut he has a wall jump!)
Insanely good wavedash
Supposedly really good hitboxes on rekkas and possibly normals
Solid damage plus chi attributes
Invincible-ish assist that possibly carries the same invunerability on point
Can combo off airthrow (reports saying it needs to be normal jump height for midscreen though).
Can whiff cancel a rekka into rising dragon and/or chi
Somewhat invincible hyper
Self contained in terms of combos and most mixups (ie wallbounce, crumple, high/low, otg etc)
Above average health
Rapid light attacks

What we don't know:

What the hell defense chi does. IIRC chi disappears if he's hit, so soaking up more damage is unlikely. Hyper armor would be too good to be true, but super armor is plausible. There's also the hubub of him going through akuma's plasma while DEF chi is active (and something about losing red life, not sure). I don't think chi stacks either so I'm dying to know!

What he needs in a team:

IF's only answer to vertical space outside of certain A2A's and airthrows is his pillar hyper. He desperately needs to control that space. Hidden Missiles in theory solves some problems and also helps with lockdown on the ground plus interrupting opponents to a degree. Other assists like Strange's disks and Jam Session also work, but the latter knocks down on hit and also causes heaps of HSD. A ground assist to cover his approach will also be nifty ala unibeam or aim master. Other assists like Strider's Vajra (sp?) can help with the vertical space and also give him hard-to-blockables.

For what we know now, IF will be strongest in either the first or second position. The applications for his rising dragon and crescent heel assists are pretty obvious at this point, but i'm also curious to see how the crumple assist could come into play.

In terms of combos, I have a feeling we'll rarely see S into magic series unless he lands a grounded punish or opens up the opponent. That is unless something magical happens and he can OTG > crumple. Otherwise he'll be using everything from jump cancels to his wallbounce and hard knockdowns to get the damage.

Against zoners, yeah it's going to be interesting. Disregarding assists he'll have a much harder time than most characters. Whiff rekka xx Rising Dragon should help some but I'm pretty sure it'll whiff most of the cast if they stay on the ground. Its also highly telegraphed but whiff rekka xx chi will mix things up a bit. It all comes down to what DEF chi does but knowing capcom I'm sure to be salty once I find out.

Another random tidbit is with his QCF+H rekka. Supposedly Seth mentioned that it "crosses up". If it does then IF has access to high/low and left/right mixups once he gets in. But looking at the move I don't see that as what he meant. It looks just like one of Yun's command normals in AE, so it possible that the hitbox is active on bost sides of IF. If the idea holds true that his hitboxes are fuck amazing he could have a semi-braindead answer to naked teleports and crossup shenanigans. We'll see next week I guess.

So many questions. I'm going to be mad free to burrowing thats for sure :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom