• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
smurfx said:
lol six caught me by surprise the first time i played him as well. i didn't have no idea how to play against felicia. the next time i just zoned the shit out of her and it worked.
She's so ineffective online. I have to cut all my combos short because doing two jump cancel loops is impossible under those circumstances.

Professor Beef said:
Should've been a Snoop Dogg reference. For shame, enzo. Looks like I'LL have to do the work instead. *shakes head*
Did someone say Snoop Dogg?

Becquerel said:
He's a dick personalitywise, but damn has he saved our universe often.
Juggs was about to get dat Infinity Gauntlet after struggling against that cheap bastard Thanos, and Adam comes in afterwards and goes "lol no" and chucks Juggs back to Earth.

SUMNABITCH

shaowebb

Yo if theres a lobby or something for 360 gaf I'll be upstairs away from the computer playing to make certain my repairs to that pony controller in the OP worked out okay.

Dynasty Penguin

^ For those who want to add me or invite me to a lobby.
Dahbomb said:
Did Shaowebb's survey get posted?

Oh yes, and Vergil was so ridiculously number 1 it was nuts. Even Strider didn't touch him. Its pretty hilarious that the top 2 are sword users LOL. Swap Nemesis Bazooka for sword and watch him go up a tier.

MSH is so much fun. But fuck Thanos, seriously.
QisTopTier said:
I love this shit so much, I played it once a day for like 2 months XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1edrkbZiekg&feature=related

Also awesome
Youtube comment: "instead of bulk and skull we now have Hulk and Skrull"

KuGsj.gif

Neki

so I was doing taskmaster combos and I realized two things.

1) doing mid-screen combos, or end to end combos, are way easier to do then corner combos.
2) launching in the corner after a charging star crosses up yourself way too many times. :(

I also can't connect a j.M after a Mighty Swing when launching after a long combo too, it works half the time

stupid taskmaster

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
so I was doing taskmaster combos and I realized two things.

1) doing mid-screen combos, or end to end combos, are way easier to do then corner combos.
2) launching in the corner after a charging star crosses up yourself way too many times. :(

I also can't connect a j.M after a Mighty Swing when launching after a long combo too, it works half the time

stupid taskmaster
Having trouble with brain dead easy combos? :D

Neki

QisTopTier said:
Having trouble with brain dead easy combos? :D
only in the corner, only in the corner

easy 700k damage. ez.

I drop less combos than you. oh god, all the dropped combos from Q on shuma and taskmaster

I remember them all

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
only in the corner, only in the corner

easy 700k damage. ez.

I drop less combos than you. oh god, all the dropped combos from Q on shuma and taskmaster

I remember them all
Online is a funny thing.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
Online is a funny thing.
hey if I can pull off taskmaster combos with 4 bars, so should you. ;)

not sure about that shuma though. all I remember is all the spamming of mystic smash

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
hey if I can pull off taskmaster combos with 4 bars, so should you. ;)

not sure about that shuma though. all I remember is all the spamming of mystic smash
Who says I can't pull them off? This coming from the guy that mashes H with who ever he uses oh and mashes tron assist with no thought or timing behind it. Pretty funny :3

Neki

QisTopTier said:
Who says I can't pull them off? This coming from the guy that mashes H with who ever he uses oh and mashes tron assist with no thought or timing behind it. Pretty funny :3
yo if you can't beat the guy who is mashing, how bad does that make you? LOL

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
I beat you more than I lose, last time we fought I was coming out of a long break from playing BB all the time. Yet you still only beat me like 6-5. Not that bad if I say so myself.

smurfx

get some go again
Ultimoo said:
so you regularly win the match ups now? now that kadey will be streaming i hope you and q play so i can finally see what you two play like.

Dahbomb

shaowebb said:
Oh yes, and Vergil was so ridiculously number 1 it was nuts. Even Strider didn't touch him. Its pretty hilarious that the top 2 are sword users LOL. Swap Nemesis Bazooka for sword and watch him go up a tier.
It's not just about the swords it's about the teleports too as well as the utility lock down hypers. :D

Pixie characters generally out perform heavies in the VS games.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Dahbomb said:
It's not just about the swords it's about the teleports too as well as the utility lock down hypers. :D

Pixie characters generally out perform heavies in the VS games.
Firebrand is the real pixie, he gots wings.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
I beat you more than I lose, last time we fought I was coming out of a long break from playing BB all the time. Yet you still only beat me like 6-5. Not that bad if I say so myself.
the student has become the master is all I'm hearing from you. reeel tawk.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
the student has become the master is all I'm hearing from you. reeel tawk.
LOL more like I woke up too late and kept getting stomped for the first half. By the time I started taking games back it was time for us to stop cause of what ever. xD You did get a ton better over time though at least, when it comes to mix ups/offensive. Your defense was still shit and you still mash tron assist :p

Azure J

Banana Kid said:
OH GOD HOW DO I DORMAMMU

You must first learn to groove.

Someone needs to find a way to mash up more JSR/JSRF and Dormammu. I don't know why I think Sweet Soul Brother would work somehow. :lol

By the way, I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but I love that Dormammu is a constant source of laughs thanks to the MVC3 community.

Sixfortyfive said:
First, you have the power of the creator. Then, the power of the power of the power of the power of the power of the power of the power of the power of the

I prefer this version just for the transitions.

On another note, we gotta play some VS when I'm not about to pass out from tiredness. :p

Neki

AzureJericho said:
You must first learn to groove.

Someone needs to find a way to mash up more JSR/JSRF and Dormammu. I don't know why I think Sweet Soul Brother would work somehow. :lol

By the way, I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but I love that Dormammu is a constant source of laughs thanks to the MVC3 community.

I prefer this version just for the transitions.

On another note, we gotta play some VS when I'm not about to pass out from tiredness. :p

I prefer the pony version which doesn't make any sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3mRqxh3VbA&feature=related

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
ponies gonna pony basically.

back to taskmaster combos.

tron/taskmaster/sentinel team inc? :O
Yeah that team works, but task would be better as your starter than mid. At least with that set up.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
Yeah that team works, but task would be better as your starter than mid. At least with that set up.
well if I did that it'd be one of those lame zoning teams.

Neki

if I start Tron she'd also start the DHC glitch, but it's so hard for Taskmaster to end a DHC glitch combo. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
if I start Tron she'd also start the DHC glitch, but it's so hard for Taskmaster to end a DHC glitch combo. :p
But tron can already ToD people and why the fuck are you practicing new DHC glitch combos when Ultimate is out next week LOL

Neki

QisTopTier said:
But tron can already ToD people and why the fuck are you practicing new DHC glitch combos when Ultimate is out next week LOL
gotta rack up those easy wins while I can, amirite!

naw, Tron can't ToD people without DHC glitch. Most she'll be able to do is like 850kish with 3 hypers, which only works half of the time, so really, close to 750k with two hypers. :p

I shouldn't even be using Tron in Ultimate, she's so much worse. :p

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
gotta rack up those easy wins while I can, amirite!

naw, Tron can't ToD people without DHC glitch. Most she'll be able to do is like 850kish with 3 hypers, which only works half of the time, so really, close to 750k with two hypers. :p

I shouldn't even be using Tron in Ultimate, she's so much worse. :p
You should use ghost rider :p

Dahbomb

How is Tron so much worse in Ultimate? She doesn't have a brain dead easy assist to abuse but on point she is significantly better and her game doesn't revolve around brain dead j.H's all day long. She can actually kara throw now and do a solo follow up after it (at least that's what it looks like from the changelog).

Neki

Dahbomb said:
How is Tron so much worse in Ultimate? She doesn't have a brain dead easy assist to abuse but on point she is significantly better and her game doesn't revolve around brain dead j.H's all day long. She can actually kara throw now and do a solo follow up after it (at least that's what it looks like from the changelog).
I'll have to try her out first hand before I decide. I have to stop relying her as an assist anyways, so putting her first will help that in vanilla. She can still j.H all day near the corner, and cancelled off of drill I think it works midscreen? not sure. command throws are nice, but people are constantly jumping or mashing buttons so it's really hard to get one off unless you're covered by an assist. Lack of a DHC glitch also removes most of her TOD combos on high health characters too. :(

Dahbomb

J.H into drill still works mid screen in fact that's here main method of comboing in an anti air situation. And yeah she requires lab time, just like Iron Man, Spider Man, Thor etc.

Removal of TODs? This isn't Tron exclusive you know. :D

OMFG @ this BLOW UP:

Ccrook said:
KS Seven X said:
No. He will not. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom