• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ThatCrazyGuy said:
how late are people gonna be playing?
I'm probably gonna knock out in a half hour. Lobbies take forever, and I'm free so I get like 15 seconds of shame.

ReiGun

crimsonspider89 said:
ANNNNDDDDD SRK already created character forums which means...... somebody has the guide and probably an early copy of the game.

Get hype.
hype.gif

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
IntelliHeath said:
HOLY @%#

HSIEN-KO IN SOMEONE'S TEAM!

Edited: wow Guardian came back with clutch ko.
This is making me look forward to actually watching matches. Still boggles my mind spectator mode wasn't in vanilla.

crimsonspider89 said:
ANNNNDDDDD SRK already created character forums which means...... somebody has the guide and probably an early copy of the game.

Get hype.
EVERYONE GET READY TO MAKE A RUN ON SECOND-RATE RETAILERS

SOMEONE WILL FUCK UP AND GIVE YOU A COPY

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Becquerel said:
Apparently nofuckingbody has a mic or is willing to use it hahaha.

I have a mic but no one else is talking so I'm not talking haha. All I hear is you making grunting noises.

Gah, I'll have to start clearing my friend list to add people from Mahvel GAF.

rexor0717 said:
What is the difference between hyper armor and super armor?

Super armor is essentially not taking any knockback, but still taking the damage.
Hyper armor is not taking any knockback (not sure on damage), but you only have X amount of hits you can take before the armor is used up.

A Human Becoming said:
I have a mic but no one else is talking so I'm not talking haha. All I hear is you making grunting noises.

Gah, I'll have to start clearing my friend list to add people from Mahvel GAF.

Yea, well, we can talk then XD

IntelliHeath said:

I know that, I wasn't talking about you. :p

Dahbomb

rexor0717 said:
What is the difference between hyper armor and super armor?
Super armor is only a limited set of hits on (like 1 or 3), hyper armor is a ton usually can't be overrided.

THIS is a true story. It's up on youtube as well I think under the name "video game fail" or something.
We meet up there (totally unexpected) with ThirtyHitCheapz (who is one of the big event coordinators here in the Montreal fighter scene).

He then tells this amazing story...

He was taking the subway to get to the store. As he is sitting in the subway, two bisexual girls who had just come from some valentine's day thing look at him, find him cute and start hitting on him. According to him, these women were like a 9 and a 9.5.

What does he do? The subway reaches the station... all he can think about is "oh crap I gotta get out here to get marvel 3!". He then STANDS UP AND LEAVES.

Now that is either one crazy epic fail OR some serious dedication...

It's probably a fail because he knew of at least one other person who was there who could've picked up his copy....

Did Shaowebb's survey get posted?

A Human Becoming said:
But I'm shy. :(

lul, me too. Also sorry about the noises, I have several allergies, so I'm often coughing or clearing my throat.

LOL ENZO WON A GAME! :D YOU CANNOT BE THE WORST ANYMORE!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Becquerel said:
lul, me too. Also sorry about the noises, I have several allergies, so I'm often coughing or clearing my throat.

LOL ENZO WON A GAME! :D YOU CANNOT BE THE WORST ANYMORE!

Of course, he have Tony Stark who can do anything!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GhostRidah said:
My one wish is that it auto randoms stages, so tired of training stage.
In UMvC3 your wish is granted.

And I won a game? TWO? HERESY!

Who is vagabond? I feel bad for not knowing who this is, but it's so goddamn familiar. I think your also on my friends list x_X

Goes to bed with smile on his face. Night GAF, GG.

As expected I got blown up terribly, I mostly blame the pad and the lag - with pad I can't do SRK moves (hence no Bonne Strikes for me!) and I get confused where the actual attack buttons are. :|

However, GGs! Stay free, Becquerel.

enzo_gt said:
In UMvC3 your wish is granted.

And I won a game? TWO? HERESY!

Who is vagabond? I feel bad for not knowing who this is, but it's so goddamn familiar. I think your also on my friends list x_X

Goes to bed with smile on his face. Night GAF, GG.
es me :)

My win streak will come to an end I bet with this match...

Frantic

Haha, good games Sixfortyfive. I can see why you don't like online - the lag I got with you was waaay worse than what I normally get. It's usually pretty smooth for me, but with you it was chopping pretty bad.

I was having a really hard time opening you up with my main team, had to switch to my zoning team. You've got a really nice Felicia, and I have no idea how to block against her... and her throw range is HUGE. Kept catching me off guard, haha.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Sixfortyfive said:
I might hop on in a little. Don't think I've played online in over a month.

GT is Sixfortyfive.
And one hour later, I'm reminded of why I haven't played this game online in a month. No offense intended, of course.

Anyone up for Vampire Savior in an hour from now instead?

Becquerel said:
Damn you and your shooting through my finger lasers, then! [/salt]

Nah, as far as I can tell (which I had trouble with due to lag), you're pretty good man. :D
Thanks :d my first time playing with GAF and I'm having a good time even though i still get nervous in lobbies for some reason o_o

GGs all. Bedtime!

One last match...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The Abominable Snowman said:
Thanks :d my first time playing with GAF and I'm having a good time even though i still get nervous in lobbies for some reason o_o

GGs all. Bedtime!

One last match...

ggs

I am smhing myself to death how awful I was today... I was not pleased at all.. I had to hit training room to warm up and killed two random players on player matches badly.

Feel so good to get better after being rusty. I get rusty too easily.

Dahbomb

Frank West and Phoenix Wright have too much weird gimmick angle to them to rate solidly. People are giving them the benefit of the doubt at around mid to upper mid right now essentially playing it safe in case one of them doesn't become the new Dark Phoenix or something.

Vergil/Strider/Firebrand are pretty much agreed upon as top 3 at GAF. In my eyes one of these is going to be the best character out of the new cast in the long run of the game.

Strange actually had the highest range and rightfully so. There is a barrier of entry to him although he has some easy abusive tools as well so he should be good enough. Hawkeye/Nova/Ghost Rider all rated in the solid middle of the new cast meaning they are really good characters. Rocket Raccoon rated quite high and pleased to see that.

Nemesis got shafted, I don't think he's the worst of the new cast but he still belongs in bottom 4 of the new cast with Iron Fist, PW and FW. FW and PW like Seth said could either be near godlike or just decent (and by decent that means lower mid).

Anyway great job with the survey, enjoyed it thoroughly.

Wait a minute.... SOMEONE VOTED VERGIL AS THE WORST CHARACTER OF THE NEW CAST??? BananaKid put on NOTICE!!! (although I am pretty sure he rated based off of hype)

El Sloth

Banned
Heads up to all NYC, LI, and NJ Gaffers:

https://www.facebook.com/NextLevelArcade

Next Level is going to be selling UMvC3 for $35. They're saying to pre-order now before they run out of copies.

I'm not planning on getting the game myself (I'll let my friends do the dirty work), but I think it would be pretty cool to setup a GAF meetup at Next Level on release day. I'm sure they'll already have the game running on more than a couple of their TV setups too. If not not we can always give Vanilla the send off it deserves!

I think Frank West is gonna be gdlk; unlike Dark Feenie, his leveling up seems to be comparably easy to pull off, and even at level 1 he appears to me to be already a lower mid tier character, so it only goes upwards from there. Level 2 already gives him the really good roll, and Level 4 has chip on normals - which is hilarious.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Banana Kid said:
I still wanna add Q as Firebrand with a boner but right now I am gonna jump on live, my GT is John Dudebro and I am gonna THROW DOWN
LOOOOOOOOL XD I woke up from a nap to that, also the updated pic and karst feeling uneasy about being "flaming" LOL

smurfx

get some go again
Frantic said:
I was having a really hard time opening you up with my main team, had to switch to my zoning team. You've got a really nice Felicia, and I have no idea how to block against her... and her throw range is HUGE. Kept catching me off guard, haha.
lol six caught me by surprise the first time i played him as well. i didn't have no idea how to play against felicia. the next time i just zoned the shit out of her and it worked. i would of stayed in the gaf lobby but i wasn't going to wait and watch 6 card matches before i got my turn to play. i rather spend that time on ranked trying to get to cosmic lord. -_-

Dahbomb

I donated my copy of MVC3 to one of my friends who has never played a fighting game before (so he's oblivious to the whole UMVC3/MVC3 thing). I felt sad giving it away. :(

smurfx

get some go again
Dahbomb said:
I donated my copy of MVC3 to one of my friends who has never played a fighting game before (so he's oblivious to the whole UMVC3/MVC3 thing). I felt sad giving it away. :(
i'm going to let my friend borrow it after ultimate comes out.

Professor Beef said:
So to keep myself hyped up since I don't own Vanilla MvC3, I decided to play Marvel Super Heroes. I just beat the game with Juggernaut, and all I have to say is that Adam Warlock, whoever the fuck he is, is a huge asshole.

He's a dick personalitywise, but damn has he saved our universe often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom