• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Sloth

Banned
El Sloth said:
Heads up to all NYC, LI, and NJ Gaffers:

https://www.facebook.com/NextLevelArcade

Next Level is going to be selling UMvC3 for $35. They're saying to pre-order now before they run out of copies.

I'm not planning on getting the game myself (I'll let my friends do the dirty work), but I think it would be pretty cool to setup a GAF meetup at Next Level on release day. I'm sure they'll already have the game running on more than a couple of their TV setups too. If not not we can always give Vanilla the send off it deserves!

Quoting for the new page.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Sir Garbageman said:
Crap. I'm a noob but catching people with She-Hulk's resets in the corner was so awesome. Might need to come up a new partner or two for Tasky.

Basic resets might still work, I think (?). But her approach options and her combo extensions won't be nearly as good. How Combofiend uses her, she's been pretty much destroyed.

mr. puppy

Banned
so theorycrafters, what are the benefits of keeping Ghost Rider on anchor and changing his assist based upon matchup? Against zoning teams you can use Chain to help your guys get in, and against Rushdown you can use Heartless Spire. Of course, he's going to get beat down by rushdown anchors, which they're adding like 4 of for this game, so maybe having him as second and throwing somebody in the backup of him that can mixup well might be better hmm.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
h3ro said:
Anyone have a link to the post with all the Alt Color roundups?
I think its in the OP of the FW/RR thread. I'll be making a post with all of them individually bulleted by character when I get home, after the final two alt colours are revealed today.

Where is my launch trailer Capcom? And where is my DLC news Niitsuma said he was gonna drop soon? Can only be a good thing, either alt costumes or a H&H release date.

Bowling Pin said:
blackcobra_concept01.jpg

kingcobra01.jpg

Never forget. Ever.
Sigh. =( He would have been so cool. Damn it, Ken...

Ken said:
Does the MahvelGAF tag on the 360 have a good amount of new players? I'm a beginner to MvC3 and wouldn't mind playing people around the same skill level.

Everything from really good to terrible (like me lulz).

enzo_gt said:
I think its in the OP of the FW/RR thread. I'll be making a post with all of them individually bulleted by character when I get home, after the final two alt colours are revealed today.

Yea, I was gonna port over the list once the last 2 guys were revealed.

Edit:
There you go.
COLORS!
Marvel:
Week 1: Phoenix
Week 2: Hawkeye, Dr. Strange, Dormammu, Storm
Week 3: Ghost Rider, Wolverine, Magneto
Week 4: Thor, Taskmaster
Week 5: Iron Fist, Iron Man
Week 6: She-Hulk, Hulk
Week 7: Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull
Week 8: Deadpool, Spider-Man
Week 9: Nova, X-23
Week 10: Captain America, Shuma-Gorath
Week 11: Sentinel, MODOK
Week 12: Rocket Raccoon

Capcom:
Week 1: Haggar
Week 2: Nemesis, Firebrand, Tron, Akuma
Week 3: Strider, Wesker, C. Viper
Week 4: Amaterasu, Viewtiful Joe
Week 5: Vergil, Dante
Week 6: Trish, Spencer
Week 7: Zero, Arthur
Week 8: Morrigan, Felicia
Week 9: Phoenix Wright, Hsien-Ko
Week 10: Chris, Jill
Week 11: Ryu, Chun-Li
Week 12: Frank West

Complete Overview

And let's not forget Zasalamel in Soul Calibur. :p
And Dee Jay is a kickboxer; dunno if you count that? Birdie is a grappler as well.

From Seth's twitter:

@sethkillian Seth Killian
Tried uc3 but ended up playing UMVC3 again :) Turnabout PW has best assist ever, best normal, best lvl3. 1 wk til beast is unleashed...

Dark Phoenix Wright incoming?

And best assist? Probably that one where he throws the papers.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
PolarBearsClub said:
From Seth's twitter:

@sethkillian Seth Killian
Tried uc3 but ended up playing UMVC3 again :) Turnabout PW has best assist ever, best normal, best lvl3. 1 wk til beast is unleashed...

Dark Phoenix Wright incoming?

And best assist? Probably that one where he throws the papers.

I spoke with Seth at NYCC. He told me that he still thinks that Phoenix Wright is top tier.

Do we know if there's any invincibility on that Lvl3?

Bizazedo

Becquerel said:
And let's not forget Zasalamel in Soul Calibur. :p
And Dee Jay is a kickboxer; dunno if you count that? Birdie is a grappler as well.

Jeffrey in Virtua Fighter!

...right? C'mon, VF is the best..!

:(.

mr. puppy

Banned
Bizazedo said:
Jeffrey in Virtua Fighter!

...right? C'mon, VF is the best..!

:(.

Jax? He's not too stereotypical and is a pretty interesting character in a game made up of not interesting characters.

GuardianE said:
I spoke with Seth at NYCC. He told me that he still thinks that Phoenix Wright is top tier.

Do we know if there's any invincibility on that Lvl3?
Why would you need invincibility on a 0-frame full screen hyper? Unless there's a bunch of pre-flash startup(which it doesn't seem like), there wouldn't be much benefit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God's Beard said:
Why would you need invincibility on a 0-frame full screen hyper? Unless there's a bunch of pre-flash startup(which it doesn't seem like), there wouldn't be much benefit.
To know how punishable it is if it whiffs?

All I know is that it has a damn long recovery time afterwards. Probably not invincible during recovery though, so I guess your right.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
God's Beard said:

The pre-flash startup was my concern. I was wondering if you'd be able to X-Factor->LvL3 out of blockstun during a beam.

Full screen guard cancel a beam, huh? Not many hypers can do that, discounting THCs. I'm so excited for the removal of the DHC glitch, there's going to be some crazy new tech out, and sooner than people think.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
God's Beard said:
Full screen guard cancel a beam, huh? Not many hypers can do that, discounting THCs. I'm so excited for the removal of the DHC glitch, there's going to be some crazy new tech out, and sooner than people think.

Heh, yeah, that's why I wanted to know if Wright could do it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
God's Beard said:
I'm so excited too. Fanatiq was pretty confident that he never used the DHC as his crutch, and he's right about Combo leaning towards alternative options more often than not too. I never used the DHC glitch myself ever, it just felt.. dirty.

Excited to see what the innovators do with this semi-clean slate they have to work with, and how they get around assist hitstun scaling and whatnot.

I just hope we don't find a gamebreaking DLC glitch 2.0, and if so I hope it's patchable.

Lvl 2 THC is going to be so fucking boss in UMVC3, calling it now. I already know a Magneto/Rocket Raccoon THC combo.

I wish you could tag in your anchor during lvl 2 THC after x-factor :-(

Dahbomb

All LVL3 are invincible on start up I believe. Except maybe the new Firebrand/Strider ones that are utility LVL3's.

I wonder how Seth manages to land a hit with Phoenix Wright to activate the mode. Because really that's the only thing that is keeping Wright back.

sephi22

*Scans last 2 pages for news of 'URLEY' or 'Leaks'*
*Sees no news* *Smiles inside*

So guys, uhm, I won't be playing Marvel 3 anymore. Sorry but I just can't play this game any longer.

*Makes straight face*

COZ WE GOT IT URLAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!
0CZYs.jpg

2sBme.jpg

0jpq2.jpg

FzX3R.jpg

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHVEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

DUBAI IS THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD. ALL OTHER CITIES ARE RUN BY LITTLE GIRLS!

The game has a pretty hefty install on PS3. Its been running for the past 10 minutes and only 38% done.

Things to check:
1. What does Frank West's Level 5 do?
2. Do RR/FW appear in the intro.
3. Whether the 6-alternate pack (Thor/Cap/IM/Ryu/CR/Dante) has any additional colors.
4. Whether all characters are available at the start.

Gimme your questions GAF. The next 2 days are yours.

Mupod

PikaZeroX said:
Hahaha, just reminds me that day one of every fighting game I get this horrible obsession to knock out the online win streak trophy.

Oh christ I know that feeling. I got lucky in SF4 with day 1 Zangief lariat spamming, at least.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Frank Alts fucking rock. Ill be using Tony Montana all day.

Also, team Keep The Jeep Riding Through Ultimate:
Magneto/Rocket Raccoon/Sentinel

EDIT: OH SHIT SOMEONE HAS GOT IT URRLLEEEYYYY

Degen

sephi22 said:
Gimme your questions GAF. The next 2 days are yours.
question: U SUK question mark

j/k

One thing I'd like to know (besides some super-specific stuff) is just how long-range Nemesis' Level 3 move is. Seems to reach unusually far, but online videos might have been misleading. How does it compare to, say, Haggar's Level 3 in that area?

Chavelo

sephi22 said:
*Scans last 2 pages for news of 'URLEY' or 'Leaks'*
*Sees no news* *Smiles inside*

So guys, uhm, I won't be playing Marvel 3 anymore. Sorry but I just can't play this game any longer.

*Makes straight face*

YOU MOTHERFUCKER.

Check what's the extra content for Vanilla MVC3 players! :D

Dahbomb

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE GOT THAT SHIT URLEY!!! LET'S GO!!! LET'S GO!!!!

sephi22

*High Fives Dahbomb*

FUCK YEAH! THIS TIME GAF BEATS EVERYBODY TO THE PUNCH!!!

The install got done just now. That's like 20 bloody minutes

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
sephi please scan the gallery section to see how many new intros/CG movies there are or if there are any other differences.

Also check how Galactus mode is unlocked, at a certain PP or whatever.

Dahbomb

I don't even know what to check.... I am so HYPED!!!

I guess checking what's the vanilla bonus would be a start.

ALSO FRANK WEST LVL5 GOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom