• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lothars

spindashing said:
So does that mean the two revealed characters will be Rocket Raccoon and Phoenix Wright (who the twitter posts were alluding to anyway)? Pity, I wanted some Nova action but I'll take it.
I think we will get Nova this weekend as well but seems like Rocket and Phoenix are first.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
spindashing said:
So does that mean the two revealed characters will be Rocket Raccoon and Phoenix Wright (who the twitter posts were alluding to anyway)? Pity, I wanted some Nova action but I'll take it.

Oh fuck...I hope we get them all, but I'm afraid you're right.

shaowebb

If the NYCC t-shirts mean anything then we'll be seeing Rocket Raccoon and Phoenix Wright. I'm down with this. Show off the 2 most unpredictable movesets out of the remaining roster.

Grecco said:
Love the SFXTekken one much better than the Marvel one. I do still want that one as well
I saw the SFxTekken ones a couple of days ago. I can definitely see where our money for UMvC3 went. They look freaking SICK.
Lothars said:
I think we will get Nova this weekend as well but seems like Rocket and Phoenix are first.
Nova...

Plzdon'tbethenewHsien-Ko.Plzdon'tbethenewHsien-Ko.Plzdon'tbethenewHsien-Ko.Plzdon'tbethenewHsien-Ko.

Frantic

I don't know why you guys are saying we'll only see Phoenix and RR just by the shirts. IGN and Capcom Unity had a poll to determine which of the six new characters out of three would appear on a shirt, and the three on the shirts won their respective polls. I'm pretty sure we'll get all four.

Grecco

SolarPowered said:
I saw the SFxTekken ones a couple of days ago. I can definitely see where our money for UMvC3 went. They look freaking SICK.

Nova...

Plzdon'tbethenewHsien-Ko.Plzdon'tbethenewHsien-Ko.Plzdon'tbethenewHsien-Ko.Plzdon'tbethenewHsien-Ko.

Sorta like how Capcoms money is mostly going on to SFxT vs Marvel :(

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
SolarPowered said:
Last character revealed syndrom. I call it LCRS.

He also seems to be the least hyped and most uknown of the bunch. Don't let my comment get to you.

Don't you dare jinx this!

Smo21

SolarPowered said:
"Last character revealed syndrome" is the name. I call it LCRS.

He also seems to be the least hyped and most uknown of the bunch. Don't let my comment get to you.

Keep your misery to yourself

McNum

SolarPowered said:
"Last character revealed syndrome" is the name. I call it LCRS.

I worry about Phoenix Wright more than Nova in this department. I hope Wright doesn't suck, I really want to play him, if his style matches anything I can play.

Smo21 said:
Keep your misery to yourself
How about you keep you shitty attutide to yourself. You ain't EviLore. I can post however I like so long as I'm not insulting anyone or trolling.
_dementia said:
How do you explain Sentknel?
One of them turned out bad because of time constraints. I really really doubt it'll happen this time though seeing as it is only eight characters and they've had a while to make the game.

I expect a REALLY good character. Beams with unique properties, a fantastic level 3, some sort of beam hyper and some insane health to go with him to boot.

Smo21

SolarPowered said:
How about you keep you shitty attutide to yourself. You ain't EviLore. I can post however I like so long as I'm not insulting anyone or trolling.

;) all's good. I was just playing.

Frantic said:
I don't know why you guys are saying we'll only see Phoenix and RR just by the shirts. IGN and Capcom Unity had a poll to determine which of the six new characters out of three would appear on a shirt, and the three on the shirts won their respective polls. I'm pretty sure we'll get all four.
Oh. Alright.

Awesome. I can't wait.

nova_1f.jpg

So. Pimp.

Edit: SolarPowered, you're my boy but don't jinx Nova OR I'M COMING FOR YOU NEG--NEOGAFFER

McNum said:
I worry about Phoenix Wright more than Nova in this department. I hope Wright doesn't suck, I really want to play him, if his style matches anything I can play.
He is not going to suck. He has the largest following of all the new characters besides MAYBE Strider and Capcom can't screw that up. I expect all kinds of shenanigans to come from that guy.

Firebrand and him are gonna bring the salt to the bandwagoners and it is gonna be DELICIOUS. Also... I could totally see myself playing him for the quirkiness.
Smo21 said:
;) all's good. I was just playing.
You should work on your sarcasm... @_@

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hope my prediction of Nova having the stargates as a hyper that rips people to shreds and then throws them out someplace random on screen comes true. An actual teleport special wouldn't really fit how he's portrayed.

Also on my check list: NOVA PUUUNCH, pseudo-airdashes (X-23/Talbain), beam absorption hyper and status screwing beams.

Chavelo

I swear, some of you get damn depressed over effing video game characters being shown. Just wait the hell out and get ready to get hype either way.

/thinks about it

Pfft, might as well just bail out and look for the reveals somewhere else... how about this to take ya off your mind the shitty depression, Mahvel-GAF...

/clears throat

MK has more features and content than UMVC3. And an actual story mode.

Have fun with that one. :D

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Chavelo said:

rabble rabble rabble

Nils said:
Hope my prediction of Nova having the stargates as a hyper that rips people to shreds and then throws them out someplace random on screen comes true. An actual teleport special wouldn't really fit how he's portrayed.

Also on my check list: NOVA PUUUNCH, pseudo-airdashes (X-23/Talbain), beam absorption hyper and status screwing beams.
All of these stargate mentions and not a single Stargate GIF. That really amazes me.

What effects do his beams have in the comics? I must've read about status effecting beams hundreds of times between NeoGAF and SRK by now, but no one goes into detail as far I can remember.

Fake edit: Wikipedia to the rescue.

Lothars

Chavelo said:
I swear, some of you get damn depressed over effing video game characters being shown. Just wait the hell out and get ready to get hype either way.

/thinks about it

Pfft, might as well just bail out and look for the reveals somewhere else... how about this to take ya off your mind the shitty depression, Mahvel-GAF...

/clears throat

hmm...all I will say to that is I would rather play the better game which is UMVC3 than MK any day of the week, there's a reason why I sold MK and not MVC3, MK is boring after a while.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nils said:

Level 3 Stargate that hits everywhere like Gravity Squeeze, and you can activate it from the air too. Please.

Also, all of his hypers better be air-OK or elss something is hella wrong, esp. considering he was rumoured to have various fly/unfly moves like Firebrand.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
SolarPowered said:
All of these stargate mentions and not a single Stargate GIF. That really amazes me.

What effects do his beams have in the comics? I must've read about status effecting beams hundreds of times between NeoGAF and SRK by now, but no one goes into detail as far I can remember.

I had some images I posted a few times, let's see...jesus where did I upload those.

Anth0ny

tankflyboss John Does
#umvc3 first 12 characters were leaked on purpose. all part of plan from beginning. new 8 not dlc on disc
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

John Does
tankflyboss John Does
capcom have one hell of a suprise for u all. 8 new added suprises. just to keep ya sweet. wont be announced til wk after nycc. u been warnd

Could you fucking imagine

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Wish I could search my posts I can't find the pics for the life of me, can't even recall what site I uploaded them on. Sigh...the site had a black layout and let you make slideshows, that's all I got.

John Does
tankflyboss John Does
capcom have one hell of a suprise for u all. 8 new added suprises. just to keep ya sweet. wont be announced til wk after nycc. u been warnd

Now that's just mean.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Dammit, remembered it was imgur, but I don't have an account and my cookies seem to be gone.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
SolarPowered said:

Aaaand here we go

http://imgur.com/a/xjfTj

This sequence shows the possibilities off pretty well, although to be fair in the comics he rarely ever uses them with much finesse. The other members of the corps do it more so, while Richard tends to be more straightforward and uses the Nova Force more as an overwhelming all out offense.

He has also been seen to do stuff like encase people in gravity bubbles on rare ocassions, but I doubt that'll make it in.

TDLink

I don't really buy it since that image is almost certainly Photoshopped (the characters have always been touching each other in some way based on franchise/series but they don't in this new picture).

All that being said, megaton if this is true...but I don't really want to hype myself up to be disappointed later so for now I will just go with believing it is fake.

Listed powers on Wikipdia:
-flight
-superhuman strength
-speed, and durability
-power to absorb energy directed against him and release it as gravimetric pulses and beams
-uniform is highly resistant to damage
-electromagnetic discharge that can nullify gravity
-access to StarGates that allow him to enter hyperspacewhere he can move at velocities -exceeding the speed of light
-Rider is now possessed of tremendously augmented strength and durability as well as nearly limitless quantities of energy

The guy sounds like the son of Samus and a Green Lantern haha. I could totally dig his playstyle. I see meterbuilding assists(sharing Novaforce), beams, fastest teleports in the game, 1 million HP and FANTASTIC mobility. I don't need the meter building assist and I'd probably use the beam one instead anyway though.
Frantic said:
ROFL! Can't unsee!
I literally can't see 3/4th of the roster because fatty is in the way.
Anth0ny said:
Could you fucking imagine
My mind would be blown and so would my wallet.
spindashing said:
That would be insane. And MegaMan still wouldn't be in.
sawnickhip.png

Frantic

TDLink said:
I don't really buy it since that image is almost certainly Photoshopped (the characters have always been touching each other in some way based on franchise/series but they don't in this new picture).
Hmm? Yeah they are...? Bison and Cammy are above Ryu and Chun-Li. X is above Zero and Tron. Psylocke and Gambit are above Wolverine and Deadpool respectively(Deadpool is more or less considered X-Men these days). Black Widow(I'm assuming it's her?) is above Cap and below Hawkeye, both fellow Avengers. The only ones that don't match up completely are RR, Nova and Silver Surfer(that is Silver Surfer, right?), who are all cosmic characters, but it's more or less matched up really well.

I have to admit, it's a damn good shop. I mean, we haven't seen the Jill, Shuma, Wright, Frank, RR and Nova pictures before, and they match up really well with what we've seen of their CG models...

Dammit! I want to believe, but common sense is telling me 'lol no'... I'm going to go grab myself some crazy Kool Aid so I can BELIEVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom