• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't trust the pic, but I'm curious about where the pics of the unrevealed characters are from. Nova's is from his leaked pic, RR and Frank are from that small leaked banner, but Wright's is from neither of them and it's not from AAvsPL either.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
SolarKnight said:
I don't trust the pic, but I'm curious about where the pics of the unrevealed characters are from. Nova's is from his leaked pic, RR and Frank are from that small leaked banner, but Wright's is from neither of them and it's not from AAvsPL either.

The achievement icons?

Frantic

Giard said:
How I wish this was real :(
Seems Black Panther is just a recolored Deadpool, sadly.
Oh that's Black Panther? Thought it was Silver Surfer, lol. But you're right, it does look identical to Deadpool.

Gambit and Psylocke look like they're ripped straight from their Ultimate Alliance 2 character models. They don't have the outlines the rest of the portraits have.

The image of Frank looks like it's from that banner that leaked out. He's making the exact same face.

TDLink

Frantic said:
Hmm? Yeah they are...? Bison and Cammy are above Ryu and Chun-Li. X is above Zero and Tron. Psylocke and Gambit are above Wolverine and Deadpool respectively(Deadpool is more or less considered X-Men these days). Black Widow(I'm assuming it's her?) is above Cap and below Hawkeye, both fellow Avengers. The only ones that don't match up completely are RR, Nova and Silver Surfer(that is Silver Surfer, right?), who are all cosmic characters, but it's more or less matched up really well.

I have to admit, it's a damn good shop. I mean, we haven't seen the Jill, Shuma, Wright, Frank, RR and Nova pictures before, and they match up really well with what we've seen of their CG models...

Dammit! I want to believe, but common sense is telling me 'lol no'... I'm going to go grab myself some crazy Kool Aid so I can BELIEVE.

Shuma-Gorath, a Doctor Strange character, is cut off from Strange and Dormammu by Nova (he will be touching them though in that spot with the current officially seen roster screen).

Frank West is similarly cutting off Jill from the Resident Evil characters in this image (though I suppose you could argue there that he is a fellow zombie franchise guy).

Nova and RR are both cosmic but them not touching isn't that big of a deal since they are technically from separate series even though their paths cross sometimes. It isn't like Super Skrull is touching either and he is also cosmic. Also I think the guy you think is Silver Surfer is Black Panther.

If that is Black Widow (not sure) then yeah she fits with the Avengers list, you're right there. The Megaman, X-Men, and Street Fighter stuff is also fine like you said.

Nils said:
Did you check the beam images?
Yes and I could totally see some applications if done right. It'd be hilarious if he had beams that effected gravity or caused some sort of wallbounce(I can't recall anyone in the MvC franchise ever using a wallbounce beam). The creative potential for Nova seems pretty damn high seeing as Capcom has tons of source material and no animated material to pull from. How he moves, talks, walks and interacts depends entirely on what Capcom makes and what vision Marvel had initially for Nova. I'm definitely most interested in him right now.

Also Fraktur looks terrifying and Morrow has dat mean trollface.jpg potential.
enzo_gt said:
If dreams came true?

Unlikely from past experiences.
believe

Giard

Frantic said:
Oh that's Black Panther? Thought it was Silver Surfer, lol. But you're right, it does look identical to Deadpool.
I think Gambit's pic is based on a screenshot of Dante during the trailer...or was it during gameplay? The facial expression reminds me of him for some reason.

TDLink said:
Shuma-Gorath, a Doctor Strange character, is cut off from Strange and Dormammu by Nova (he will be touching them though in that spot with the current officially seen roster screen).

Frank West is similarly cutting off Jill from the Resident Evil characters in this image (though I suppose you could argue there that he is a fellow zombie franchise guy).

Well, that's because they're DLC characters, it's not like they'll be touching in the actual character select screen either.

Giard said:
I think Gambit's pic is based on a screenshot of Dante during the trailer...or was it during gameplay? The facial expression reminds me of him for some reason.

Now that you mention it, that's definitely an edited Dante from his winpose in vanilla.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Wallbounce beam is in my wish list, a ceiling bounce beam would be even more fun but I don't see them doing it.

TDLink

SolarKnight said:
Well, that's because they're DLC characters, it's not like they'll be touching in the actual character select screen either.

No, in the actual character select they both would be touching their franchises correctly provided they took those top corner spots.

EDIT:

Notice on this image from the Strange/Nemesis Build that Strange and Nemesis are right below those spots on each side.

umvc3characterselectscreem.png

Frantic

TDLink said:

Yeah, that's true. They're not actually like that in what we've actually seen of the character select now.

By now, though, it's more or less confirmed as fake, lol. Black Panther has the exact same outline as Deadpool, and Black Widow actually looks like an edit of Trish's icon.

Giard said:
Looks like an edited version of Dante's achievement icon, yeah.

TDLink said:
No, in the actual character select they both would be touching their franchises correctly provided they took those top corner spots.

Oh right, the photoshop confused me.

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Are you sure about that?

Yeah, same pose but different models. Either that or the picture quality is really messing with my eyes.

SolarKnight said:
Oh right, the photoshop confused me.
Yeah, same pose but different models. Either that or the picture quality is really messing with my eyes.
More likely a combination of the picture quality and the fake parts being 'shopped a bit to look like they fit in.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Frantic said:
Hmm? Yeah they are...? Bison and Cammy are above Ryu and Chun-Li. X is above Zero and Tron. Psylocke and Gambit are above Wolverine and Deadpool respectively(Deadpool is more or less considered X-Men these days). Black Widow(I'm assuming it's her?) is above Cap and below Hawkeye, both fellow Avengers. The only ones that don't match up completely are RR, Nova and Silver Surfer(that is Silver Surfer, right?), who are all cosmic characters, but it's more or less matched up really well.

I have to admit, it's a damn good shop. I mean, we haven't seen the Jill, Shuma, Wright, Frank, RR and Nova pictures before, and they match up really well with what we've seen of their CG models...

Dammit! I want to believe, but common sense is telling me 'lol no'... I'm going to go grab myself some crazy Kool Aid so I can BELIEVE.

It's Black Panther and it's obviously fake.

It pain me to say that it's fake.

Frantic

Professor Beef said:
Concentrate on something else! It's for your own good!
NO! I CAN'T CONTROL THE HYPE! Haha, I am doing other things. I just got a bit too hyped by seeing Gene. :p

Also, those tweets were by the one who posted the picture. They're fake. :p

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
More likely a combination of the picture quality and the fake parts being 'shopped a bit to look like they fit in.

Well, if it really is the same image then I find it funny that for some reason he edited Phoenix's eyes so that he would be staring to the left, it's kinda like he hates Strider and is staring at him XD

AzureJericho said:
I'm just curious about what those tweets were, fakes or what?

Probably as real as that character select screen he posted.

TDLink

SolarKnight said:
Well, if it really is the same image then I find it funny that for some reason he edited Phoenix's eyes so that he would be staring to the left, it's kinda like he hates Strider and is staring at him XD

Don't think it is the same image from the Layton game, but that isn't exactly a rare pose for Phoenix so there are lots of other potential sources.

TDLink

SolarKnight said:
True, but from what other game could he have gotten a 3D model from?

I'm not sure. It is far too clean to be from that Layton game without significant touch up though. It could just be he shaded a piece of art to look like it was a model, I really don't know.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SmithnCo said:
He could've just applied a filter over it, the image is small enough that it wouldn't be too noticeable.
And it's blurred to shit.

I can't believe we are seriously debating that picture. As if animu Psylocke didn't give it away along with the other signs like the PW source image. C'mon people, only one more day.

enzo_gt said:
I can't believe we are seriously debating that picture. As if animu Psylocke didn't give it away along with the other signs like the PW source image. C'mon people, only one more day.

It's not as if we have anything better to do =P

Besides, we're just discussing where the fake images come from, we're not even giving the guy the benefit of the doubt at this point.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ookami-kun said:
I'm more surprised they're leaving this thread open :p

Because I contacted them and request them to lock it when they announce new characters so we could ride on next character reveal thread until /OT/

Jintor said:
I was afraid to ask this earlier, but why did everybody else known it was a given conclusion that Max = Ghost Rider?

It's simple actually.

Nicolas Cage = Ghost Rider
Max = Nicolas Cage

therefore

Max = Ghost Rider

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
SolarKnight said:
It's simple actually.

Nicolas Cage = Ghost Rider
Max = Nicolas Cage

therefore

Max = Ghost Rider

Exactly.

He should be stand in for Young Nic Cage if they are going to make bio of his life.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
ThoughtsOfSpeaking said:
That dude is cunt for trying to play with peoples emotions like that.

thats all im going to say.

Well, be happy that we know the leaked characters and his work is obviously fake. I haven't seen anyone got fooled by this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom