• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick TE2 revealed (X360 - PS3/PS4 with toggle)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://madcatz.com/mad-catz-brings-the-fight-home-with-ultra-street-fighter-iv-products/

So the interesting part about this is that the TE2 stick for PS3 actually has a toggle for it to be compatible with PS4

nMCEGdQ.png

NpVhoEb.png

Price – 19,800円 / Price (including VAT) – 21,384円 Compatible with PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4

Our Ultra SFIV TE2 is compatible with both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4. It can be toggled (via slide switch) between both PS3 and PS4 modes independently. The award winning TE2 makes it’s first appearance on both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4!

Xbox 360 has no toggle to Xbox One

Price – 19,800円 / Price (including VAT) – 21,384円 Compatible with Xbox 360

This is the first time that the award winning TE2 FightStick will be made available on the Xbox 360 platform!

@MarkMan23 · 12m
So, make sure you tune in to the @MadCatz stream tomorrow! Where we talk all about our new TE2 toys! http://twitch.tv/madcatz at 4PM PST!

Only confirmed for Japan market so far, to release in August alognside the launch of the retail version of Ultra Street Fighter IV. Markman says the sticks work with PC.

https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/474382836611686400
A2FGG0L.jpg

I want to clear this up again.

We made the stick compatible with PS3 AND PS4, because we could. There is no USFIV for PS4.

Mdesilva

Sounds awesome, but $200 is too steep for now :( I know it's normal for them to launch this high but I'll just have to learn to play on DS4

UberTag

But why would I use an Ultra Street Fighter IV stick on my PS4 via toggle if there's no Ultra Street Fighter IV game to play?

Unless... <feigns shock with the Macaulay Culkin face>

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Add one more switch for PS360/PS4

They really should do this, as it would be nice for multiconsole owners.

hwateber

If there's no way I can mod my current stick to work with the ps4 then I'll probably grab one of these. Not a big fan of the design though

So...did Markman just confirm an exclusive PS4 USF4 port? I've been thinking this would happen. Ono teased some PS4 stuff a while ago and then retreated into his Blanka cave.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Markman denied that USF4 was coming to PS4 when asked the same question on Facebook.

But why make a USF4 stick that works on PS4 without a PS4 game to use it with? The plot thickens!

Some Japanese dudes? Really?

J/k, I'm guessing you're not into the tournament scene

Will definitely get this. Same goes for USF4 on PS4 if it's really happening. This would be like the 12th time I've bought the game lol if the PS4 version is confirmed. It would be pretty cool to be able to stream the game straight from my console without needing extra gear. I'm going to guess now that the PS4 version of USF4 comes out the same time as the console and PC release in August.

Izuna

Banned
I would be very annoyed if USF4 is PS4 exlusive next gen. Not because I am anti-PS4 or that I am even going to play much USF4, but it would just make no sense for the industry as a whole and further make KI a dead game where the FG community has no reason to get an Xbone.

My guess is that it's mostly for Guilty Gear Xrd or because it doesn't cost any extra money/time to make it compatible.

I have the perfect converter for 360 to PS3 that's lagless, would be nice to be able to buy an Xbone stick that would work on PS4 later on.

Sandfox

I would be very annoyed if USF4 is PS4 exlusive next gen. Not because I am anti-PS4 or that I am even going to play much USF4, but it would just make no sense for the industry as a whole and further make KI a dead game where the FG community has no reason to get an Xbone.

They're going to end up picking one system eventually and it will probably be the PS4.

Mr. X

Basically confirming a PS4 port is not the same as confirming. Whoever asked the why no XBone switch on the 360 stick gets the prize of asking the right way.

How easy to swap the art in the new sticks?

lantus

So I guess this pretty much means we will never get compatibility with PS3 fightsticks on PS4 huh? I really don't want to buy another one.

Eknots

Was so excited because I thought it was a 360/ps3/ps4 stick but it looks like madcatz will never sell dual modded :(
So I guess this pretty much means we will never get compatibility with PS3 fightsticks on PS4 huh? I really don't want to buy another one.
just mod it

Rek_It_Ralf

Neo Member
Would the xbox 360 one need a switch for the xbone? would the stick not just work on both? forgive my ignorance if this is a dumb question.

My guess is that it's mostly for Guilty Gear Xrd or because it doesn't cost any extra money/time to make it compatible.

If they were doing it for another game on the platform then wouldn't it make just as much sense to include a switch because of KI being on the Xbox One?

Kajiba

Thats awesome. I like the idea of switch being added to change systems.

Really sucks that Xbox One is not getting it.

I-hate-u

So its coming to PS4 or is because PS4 doesn't have fightstick yet?

I am guessing the former, which is cool, but I wished it was MAHVEL.

lol at another Sony E3 leak?

Mr. X

So its coming to PS4 or is because PS4 doesn't have fightstick yet?

I am guessing the former, which is cool, but I wished it was MAHVEL.

lol at another Sony E3 leak?

I don't think it's a leak with the Hadouken Cabs ad thing making it clear as day that USF4 was coming to PS4.

Izuna

Banned
If they were doing it for another game on the platform then wouldn't it make just as much sense to include a switch because of KI being on the Xbox One?

I imagine Microsoft charges them for the license or it is just long-winded process, whereas for PS4 it is a case of "why not?"

Which is what I implied to mention in my post...

But honestly, if Sony are allowing cross-play with PS3 and PS4 on GG, Capcom must love that idea for PS4. MS needs to sort that out by having some sort of Xbox LIVE compaitibility. That is the only reason I see for Capcom putting USF4 on PS4.

AAK

Will DIMPS finally learn how to code on a Sony system without having built in input lag this time?

Duxxy3

I'm waiting for the cheap version of these sticks. $200 is too much for me to spend on an arcade stick.

This does make the killer instinct stick look like a bad value in comparison though.

I'm okay with that. I mean...I'd probably end up triple dipping the game. PC. PS3. PS4? Dammit Capcom.

I'm going to be on PC, 360, PS3 and PS4. I'm also in talks with Capcom about ordering a arcade cabinet. No platform will be safe from my red focuses.

Top Bottom