• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick TE2 revealed (X360 - PS3/PS4 with toggle)

I-hate-u

I don't think it's a leak with the Hadouken Cabs ad thing making it clear as day that USF4 was coming to PS4.

I thought it was just a fun ad just for the sake of it. Like celebrating PS4 launch with fun nostalgic stuff.

Not derail the thread, but are you saying I am to make something out of this too?

G2tIOb7.jpg

Gojeran

So does this confirm that ps3 sticks won't work on ps4?

Even though its usb and it makes no sense for them not to work??

The first version of the TE fightstick for PS3 don't work on PC either unless you have a very rare chip set... despite being USB. It's fucking lame.

VariantX

a ps3-ps4 switch eh?

I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to predict an unnanounced PS4 version around the corner then.

Laconic

Banned
These staggered releases are bullshit. The fact that they only announce the better version after everyone who was going to dip on the last gen version has already done so, is sleazy as all fuck. Capcom sucks.

Biker19

Banned
If it's true that they'll be a PS4 version, then I can skip the 360 version.

Hopefully, they'll use the PC version of it to port.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I want to clear this up again.

We made the stick compatible with PS3 AND PS4, because we could. There is no USFIV for PS4.

Also, hope you guys like it. Any questions?

We made the stick compatible with PS3 AND PS4, because we could. There is no USFIV for PS4.

I'm working on a licensed arcade stick also that's PS3/4 also because it was an option Sony provided for us. There's no conspiracy.

Selvaria

Nice. I missed out on Hori's RAP V4 for PS3/PS4 on AmiAmi so this will do nicely. I was looking for an arcade stick for Xrd anyways. If USFIV being on PS4 is true, then all the better!

Edit: No PS4 version after all? Oh well. It'll be ready for Xrd!

Spacebar

Can you swap the side panels? I would like to make the stick all black and remove the blue sides.

Izuna

Banned

Thank you.

I figured as much though, that it was a case of why not.

Still, Microsoft needs to understand that cross-play is important for the FG community.

EDIT: Actually I do have a question, the Stick I got is the Sako Hori Fighting Edge, but honestly it doesn't quite cut it for me as the sticks in the USF4 Arcades in Tokyo felt closer to what I am used to. If I grab this stick, will I see the same change in comfort?

So you guys made a USF4 stick so people could play Injustice? Riiiiighht :)

(I'm being difficult, I know it's a good idea for the consumer)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
EDIT: Actually I do have a question, the Stick I got is the Sako Hori Fighting Edge, but honestly it doesn't quite cut it for me as the sticks in the USF4 Arcades in Tokyo felt closer to what I am used to. If I grab this stick, will I see the same change in comfort?

The Fighting Edge lever is the 'Hayabusa' and is a bit different in feel from Japanese arcades. If you want to replicate the Japanese arcade experience, you'd want to go with something with Sanwa parts (most high end arcade sticks have em'), this one also has Sanwa parts.

But yeah, some people can't tell, but I can. The Fighting Edge parts VS Sanwa is such a clear difference for me.

kitzkozan

Will buy for Xrd.

I'm buying it just by virtue of being a stick which can be used on the PS4. It should also serve me well for a couple of FG which I have on my PS3 such as Skullgirls encore, SF III 3rd strike, GG accent core + R, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see a PS4 port of Ultra (I hope that it wouldn't have 2 frames of delay like the PS3 version does).

Izuna

Banned
The Fighting Edge lever is the 'Hayabusa' and is a bit different in feel from Japanese arcades. If you want to replicate the Japanese arcade experience, you'd want to go with something with Sanwa parts (most high end arcade sticks have em'), this one also has Sanwa parts.

But yeah, some people can't tell, but I can. The Fighting Edge parts VS Sanwa is such a clear difference for me.

Thanks.

I had read quite a bit before I replaced my wrongly donated TE with the Fighting Edge, but it wasn't until I went back to the Arcade did I notice how much different it was. Though, I know Arcade/PC SF4 feels different from console so I thought that was why.

If it is a clear difference to you, I'll take your word and look into the KI sticks rather than a converter.

The only question left is how I should donate the Fighting Edge...

Eusis

Markman denied that USF4 was coming to PS4 when asked the same question on Facebook.

But why make a USF4 stick that works on PS4 without a PS4 game to use it with? The plot thickens!
Because it's good to have forward compatibility on a peripheral for a device that has a successor out? Good enough reason in my eyes, whether or not a PS4 USFIV ever hits (would be nice for console 1080p and perhaps ensuring there's never any FPS drops, though I don't vividly recall any on PS3.)

EDIT: Oh, and Injustice is out now, Mortal Kombat X will hit, and maybe it's useful in Towerfall Acension. Unless I'm missing something on the NetherRealm front you've got reasons to want this on PS4.

EDIT 2: And Guilty Gear! And maybe you just like the artwork come on it's not that hard to figure out.

How long is the cord on the PS3/4 version?

Is there a wireless option?

Are the black buttons up top a fully functional trackpad like on the PS4 controller or just buttons?

Are there any lights on these?

Izuna

Banned
Because it's good to have forward compatibility on a peripheral for a device that has a successor out? Good enough reason in my eyes, whether or not a PS4 USFIV ever hits (would be nice for console 1080p and perhaps ensuring there's never any FPS drops, though I don't vividly recall any on PS3.)

EDIT: Oh, and Injustice is out now, Mortal Kombat X will hit, and maybe it's useful in Towerfall Acension. Unless I'm missing something on the NetherRealm front you've got reasons to want this on PS4.

EDIT 2: And Guilty Gear! And maybe you just like the artwork come on it's not that hard to figure out.

Anything less than constant 60fps for a fighter would be seriously laughed at by the FG community and never taken seriously. Maybe a 3D fighter could get away with it potentially, but 2D fighters have recently been constant and always will be...

Jomjom

Banned
But why would I use an Ultra Street Fighter IV stick on my PS4 via toggle if there's no Ultra Street Fighter IV game to play?

Unless... <feigns shock with the Macaulay Culkin face>

To play the better fighting game Guilty Gear Xrd

Just kidding btw, I love SF and Guilty Gear

Skilletor

Anything less than constant 60fps for a fighter would be seriously laughed at by the FG community and never taken seriously. Maybe a 3D fighter could get away with it potentially, but 2D fighters have recently been constant and always will be...

There's lots of drops in SF4 on ps3, some on 360. There's a reason tourneys only choose training stage. UMvC3 is terrible on ps3 because of the frame skipping.

Some of Decapre's moves in Ultra seem to cause frame drops. Her super ball ultra especially.

Izuna

Banned
There's lots of drops in SF4 on ps3, some on 360. There's a reason tourneys only choose training stage. UMvC3 is terrible on ps3 because of the frame skipping.

Some of Decapre's moves in Ultra seem to cause frame drops. Her super ball ultra especially.

Since I was only an online warrior with SF4, I thought it would only slowdown due to lag. I didn't know that it has framerate issues outside of that, damn.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
So, the twitter exchange in the OP didn't really answer the guy's question. What's the tech reason that the MS stick can't be gross gen?

Izuna

Banned
So, the twitter exchange in the OP didn't really answer the guy's question. What's the tech reason that the MS stick can't be gross gen?

Assuming from Markman's posts on this thread, it is just a lot more trouble making it work for Xbone, getting it to work with drivers and all other dumb as shit requirements Microsoft has. I mean, you have to buy an "official" converter to get a headset to work.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Assuming from Markman's posts on this thread, it is just a lot more trouble making it work for Xbone, getting it to work with drivers and all other dumb as shit requirements Microsoft has. I mean, you have to buy an "official" converter to get a headset to work.

Which post? I'm just curious if it's something MS doesn't want hardware makers to do or if it's actually a tech reason that they think isn't worth working through.

Izuna

Banned
Which post? I'm just curious if it's something MS doesn't want hardware makers to do or if it's actually a tech reason that they think isn't worth working through.

By "posts" I really meant him stating "because we can" and also him not talking about the Xbone. It is pretty common knowledge that MS has all sorts of requirements for third-party hardware. It doesn't just affect sticks, it affects wheels, headsets, standard controllers and flight sticks w/e...

If they weren't so proprietary with their drivers and shit we would have 360 stuff running on Xbone or Xbone stuff running on PC. Less money for them right?

Eusis

Since I was only an online warrior with SF4, I thought it would only slowdown due to lag. I didn't know that it has framerate issues outside of that, damn.
I imagine they were infrequent and easily missed, kind of like how MGR apparently ISN'T a consistent 60 fps but it's hard to remember the drops.

Though that's probably enough reason (outside of the 1080p and not needing to keep the PS3 around JUST for that obviously) for a PS4 version.
I imagine Microsoft was either very short sighted, greedy, or both when planning out the XB1. 360 historically was its own island when it came to accessories while a lot of stuff could be PS3/PC compatible, and even with Sony breaking compatibility for DS3 with PS4 you still get accessories like this out and things like the Skylanders portal are cross gen (and even PC/Wii/Wii U compatible.) Meanwhile you need separate portals for Skylanders on 360 and XB1, and if Microsoft licensing is a pain then I can see that switch thing falling apart despite the fact it'd make the stick a better investment at this point in time.

Top Bottom