• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 is much, much better now. Bless.

Boke1879

Always thought Capcom should have dedicated a small team to this port along with bringing in high level players to test it.

You really can't trust any third party company to understand the nuances of this game.

Mikey Jr.

I'm watching a stream of Maxilmillan playing the PS4 version right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood

He played the PC version then played the PS4 version right after. He's saying inputs for special moves such as Raging Demon for Evil Ryu have different timing (has to be inputed much faster in Raging Demon's case).

This is the most fucking annoying channel I have seen in my entire life.

Why the fuck are peoples names popping up every god damn 2 seconds?

def sim

QLOC is probably handling the PC version of SFV.

or they should

don't make them handle this
LLShC.gif

jbug617

Banned
Capcom Fighters tweeted this.

@CapcomFighters: For the Capcom Pro Tour, each region will maintain its current hardware standard for the remainder of 2015 until otherwise announced.

Doesn't seem like it's going to be a quick fix.

Onemic

Capcom Fighters tweeted this.

Doesn't seem like it's going to be a quick fix.

Ya, when I saw that update, that told me that the fixes will probably take a looooong time to come out.

At least EVO and other CPT majors wont be affected by this shitty port. Only thing that sucks is that I literally wasted 25 bucks on this POS.

melchior_

Menus definitely feel sluggish. I don't notice a difference in game though but as much as I enjoy fighting games I've always a scrub tier player D:

Wonder if this is even fixable though. I mean I don't think the PS3 version's input lag was ever fixed, yeah?

Oh no, no, I like QLOC. I'm saying they should handle the PC version of SFV and not be pulled over to fix something like this port.

I haven't been a huge fan of their PC efforts. When they started using QLOC it really felt like a step down from back when Capcom did things in-house (Lost Planet: Colonies, DMC4, RE5, Lost Planet 2).

I mean, look at, RE4, Revelations 2, and the Steamworks conversion of RE5. Absolute messes.

def sim

I haven't been a huge fan of their PC efforts. When they started using QLOC it really felt like a step down from back when Capcom did things in-house (Lost Planet: Colonies, DMC4, RE5, Lost Planet 2).

I mean, look at, RE4, Revelations 2, and the Steamworks conversion of RE5. Absolute messes.

Hm what did they mess up with RE4? I remember liking it except for some problems with animations in 60fps. Specifically the rifle reload, which they can't really fix. At least you can always cap to 30. I haven't had a chance to see how the other two are.

to add: I liked how they handled AE and RE4. Bringing back specular highlights from the GC version was a nice bonus for the latter.

Head.spawn

Always thought Capcom should have dedicated a small team to this port along with bringing in high level players to test it.

You really can't trust any third party company to understand the nuances of this game.

I know it's a Capcom game at base, but I thought Sony was handling production, publishing duties and was in charge of the development process of the game?

Besides it being their game and their name, I wonder what say Capcom had in this port.

OsirisBlack

Banned
It does indeed feel off been playing all day so I have adjusted to it but its not viable for competitive tournament play. Hopefully Capcom dedicates a team to focus on fixing this game.

RE_Player

This is a serious black eye to Sony for multiple reasons.

1. This was handled by the third party production team at Sony which brought us such things as Borderlands 2 on Vita, a port that was also not well received. This is just another black eye for them.
2. Sony's relationship with Capcom and Street Fighter going forward. Seeing as Sony is publishing and helping to fund SFV this now casts serious doubts in their involvement with the series.
3. Games like Resident Evil Revelations 2 for Vita... which is being handled through the third party production team. Again this situation casts doubts on that future product.

Chalk this up as another case of console manufacturers shitting the bed when it comes to games that work on launch for these new machines.

bender

What time is it?
I spoke with Sony via their online chat and luckily they offered a refund. I was so excited to try this out. Bummer about the sloppy port job.

I didn't find anything wrong with it, good thing I'm a casul and suck at fighting games.

Ironically I bet this port was aimed at the hardcore/pro's that would notice the wrong lol

couldn't get past the third match with evil Ryu on easy arcade!

Imm0rt4l

This is a serious black eye to Sony for multiple reasons.

1. This was handled by the third party production team at Sony which brought us such things as Borderlands 2 on Vita, a port that was also not well received. This is just another black eye for them.
2. Sony's relationship with Capcom and Street Fighter going forward. Seeing has Sony is publishing and helping to fund SFV this now casts serious doubts in their involvement with the series.
3. Games like Resident Evil Revelations 2 for Vita... which is being handled through the third party production team. Again this situation casts doubts on that future product.

Chalk this up as another case of console manufacturers shitting the bed when it comes to games that work on launch for these new machines.
I don't understand #2

RE_Player

I don't understand #2
This was part of the announcement when SFV was announced. This was also part of their exclusive deal, to have PS4 be the next gen console home of Street Fighter moving forward. This bad port is the first product we have gotten from this new deal/relationship. I wouldn't hold it against people if they now had doubts about SFV with Sony involved after this. Yes SFV is not being outsourced but I won't hold it against anyone to be worried after this.

Onemic

This was part of the announcement when SFV was announced. This was also part of their exclusive deal, to have PS4 be the next gen console home of Street Fighter moving forward. This bad port is the first product we have gotten from this new deal/relationship. I wouldn't hold it against people if they now had doubts about SFV with Sony involved after this. Yes SFV is not being outsourced but I won't hold it against anyone to be worried after this.

It wouldn't really make sense though since Capcom is developing it. Not some random third party studio with a bad track record.

Imm0rt4l

Ehh that's reaching farther than dhalsim imo. This doesn't extend to sfv. This debacle is more known towards hardcore players, who likely know better on whose to blame anyways. Casuals will be none the wiser and fans are going to buy sfv.

Nocturno999

They probably will have to start from scratch. Better have the same delay as the 360 version or people will never cease to complain.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
I spoke with Sony via their online chat and luckily they offered a refund. I was so excited to try this out. Bummer about the sloppy port job.

I need to try this. Will do it tonight. Absolute embarrassment for who ever is to blame. What a pos. The only version of street fighter in going to even attempt to get a refund on.

If it is sonys fault they should be completely ashamed. Have they said anything yet?

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Why did I suspect that this port was going to be fucked when they announced that EVO would be running it?

But seriously, this really sucks for people who wanted to play USF4 on current gen.

liquidtmd

Banned
Street Fighter is an important brand. Its one of Capcoms legacy franchises. This deal was huge to Sony in terms bragging rights and EVO and everything else. A sizeable fee presumably changed hands.

WHO in their freakin' God damn minds decided to outsource this to a third party team with no proven experience on projects like this?? Its hurt Sony's image in terms of bringing projects like this across. I hope the monies saved by outsourcing were worth the brand damage and PR shitshow it's caused.

Top Bottom