• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV PS3/360 upgrade coming in june for $15 Standalone $40 in Aug

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So having to wait a month should make it $3 cheaper? Makes no sense.

No way is Capcom going to do what I really want ($5, free for GfWL/SSF4 owners), because that doesn't make them MONEYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

But a discount for waiting would be nice.

delay.... ugh I am jumping on the speculatory bandwaggon that Capcom pushed it because they will release it for PS4 and Xbone too

Silky

Banned
PS4/XB1 port plz!!!!

I don't even care if the graphics are barely updated. Now that the systems aren't backwards compatible it's a pain keeping ps3 and 360 around.

why is it a pain

--

Bless PS+ for giving me AE for free. Only $15 to rock fools with Elena and Rolento B)

Bob White

Way too far away for an update with so many changes RIGHT before Evo. Socal, and any other place that gets tons of location tests, will have an advantage.

vg260

Yeesh. So far out. So depressing. They must be working with a shoestring budget/staff on this thing.

I'm surprised they are not making next gen version, if only for the extending the lifetime of the game. Easy streaming for anyone is huge for keeping it alive longer.

And what was that hadoken cabs stuff? Nothing?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
This...kinda sucks. Maybe they announced it too early or they are making a next-gen version, too, because that is late. Late for Evo and late for current gen.

supahkiwi

Banned
This...kinda sucks. Maybe they announced it too early or they are making a next-gen version, too, because that is late. Late for Evo and late for current gen.

According to player feedback from the recent testing locations, Ultra is still FAR from being complete.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Crazy late and with no mention of next gen ports. blah.

Capcom doesn't want my money.

Also this won't make EVO I guess. Way too close.

Man, that's still a while away. With that much time though, this thing should be pretty fine tuned. It would suck if it comes out and there's a Yun/Yang (I forget which one) situation again where one character is just godly broken like someone turned on a cheat code.

LOL @ time for people to practice for Evo. That would be like April or May imo.

Anyways, good stuff. Glad there's a window now.

Why not release it on ps4/xbone?

It's made on a game engine designed for systems with a radically different architecture.

supahkiwi

Banned
Man, that's still a while away. With that much time though, this thing should be pretty fine tuned. It would suck if it comes out and there's a Yun/Yang (I forget which one) situation again where one character is just godly broken like someone turned on a cheat code.

LOL @ time for people to practice for Evo. That would be like April or May imo.

Anyways, good stuff. Glad there's a window now.

It's made on a game engine designed for systems with a radically different architecture.

Yun and Yang were so broken that they won EVO 2011

Kappa

I will probably sit this out, it's been too long since I played SF4 and only hardcore are left playing - not much fun for a long-time, but still relatively casual fan. Poison being in a mainline SF game though, never thought I'd see the day, even if it is just lazy reusing of assets for a fan fleecing.

SUPARSTARX

Releasing the PC one following 360/PS3 is pretty good.

Aren't they killing GFWL soon and porting everything over to Steamworks?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I will probably sit this out, it's been too long since I played SF4 and only hardcore are left playing - not much fun for a long-time, but still relatively casual fan. Poison being in a mainline SF game though, never thought I'd see the day, even if it is just lazy reusing of assets for a fan fleecing.

But that's the joke this time. I was under the impressions that fans were demanding Poison, Hugo, and Rolento ported over from SFxT since they hated SFxT.

turnbuckle

For port begging? This is a little different asking for a current gen version than for subtlety injecting system wars port begging. I would love to be able to upgrade my previous gen SFIV to my PS4. Would be awesome seeing twitch streams and stuff too.

jbug617

Banned
Isn't the arcade version suppose to come out in April? Seems like a good head start for the Japanese players

Espada

Wow, that is a long time to wait for this. Does Capcom have the rest of the team doing something else or something? If PS4/Xbox One ports are coming I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see them until November or December.

Laconic

Banned
Wow. Eight more months for a disc. Well, say one thing for Capcom - they definitely know how to murder-death-kill any and all hype for their games.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
So I'm getting the game in August then. That's way later than I would have anticipated. Wonder what's taking them so long.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
June for the earliest available version? Damn, seems so far away, but on the bright side that means plenty of time to keep tweaking and getting the game ready. Guess that means we might keep seeing more "Hadouken Cabs" videos for a while longer, too.

Was going to actually get the retail copy for PS3 at least, but I'm not waiting until August, so digital upgrade it is PS3, then PC in August
and on PS4 whenever they finally announce it.

Silky

Banned
I really don't think this is getting ported to PS4/Xbone. Unlike Injustice--an unreal fighting game-- this is using Capcom's own engine /designed/ for current gen. They'd have to completely rework the architecture to even consider up-porting it to this. Like the only next gen engine Capcom has right now is Panta Rhei right? MT isn't designed for next-gen

Momentary

Banned
If your taking off 10 for the stand alone PC Capcom why not do it for the upgrade too for those who already own your stupid DLC since its getting delayed as well? What a damn alap in the face.

I've been a Capcom fan since the 80's and I'm about to wash my hands clean of them.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
This seems to be a Capcom USA effort with a tiny budget.

It's getting a Japanese exclusive arcade release

Isn't the arcade version suppose to come out in April? Seems like a good head start for the Japanese players

I'd figure that the release gap was done with the idea of giving the arcade release some sort of exclusivity gap before the home version is availible

vg260

I really don't think this is getting ported to PS4/Xbone. Unlike Injustice--an unreal fighting game-- this is using Capcom's own engine /designed/ for current gen. They'd have to completely rework the architecture to even consider up-porting it to this. Like the only next gen engine Capcom has right now is Panta Rhei right? MT isn't designed for next-gen

Wouldn't the x86 PC version work as a base?

Top Bottom