• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV PS3/360 upgrade coming in june for $15 Standalone $40 in Aug

Clawww

did they clarify what's they're doing with ssf4:ae gfwl?
is it going to be updated for steamworks, or are we forced to buy the upgraded edition

They really ought to explain, because there's going to be a gap between GFWL shutting down and Ultra coming out on PC. Will there just be no online? It's shitty enough that I have to wait or buy the game twice to play it on console for 2 months, but I won't even get to play AE online in the meantime? gg

edit: for the record, I do expect that they will just leave online dead for the interim, lol.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Well America will still be able to play it before June. They'll just either have to buy an arcade cab or you'll be able to illegally download the arcade rip of ultra street fighter 4 a couple weeks after the Japan arcade release and play it on any pc(not saying I support piracy though for clarification). The arcade rip of Arcade Edition also came out before the dlc came stateside and dat shit works on just about any modern pc at full 60fps

Just saying.

Anyone who expects AE PC to get upgraded to remove GFWL is probably in for a sad surprise. Also IIRC Capcom doesn't do their own PC ports, so that might explain the delay. I'm sure they'll be giving away the PC version to anyone who enters USF4 at EVO, so that's something too.

As far I know Capcom/Dimps always port their SF releases to PC themselves.

Kei-

If you've been playing from vanilla SFIV, and have hypothetically upgraded to each version thereafter, you've spent ~$150 on the games. On the other hand, a person jumping in with Ultra will be able to get everything you've got for $40, which isn't bad considering they waited so long, as well as all the DLC costumes.Seems kinda backwards to throw a bone to the people who are possibly picking up the game for the first time.

Oh well, would have been nice to have gotten the costumes with the upgrade.

Nice. I also like that as an owner of vanilla Super SFIV (I never bought the AE expansion), I'll be able to upgrade right up to Ultra.

That's cool. I left my copy of that game at a friends, thought I lost it, so I bought the AE, then he found it so I just let him keep it. I should probably just trade him then buy the upgrade.

Clawww

Well America will still be able to play it before June. They'll just either have to buy an arcade cab or you'll be able to illegally download the arcade rip of ultra street fighter 4 a couple weeks after the Japan arcade release and play it on any pc(not saying I support piracy though for clarification). The arcade rip of Arcade Edition also came out before the dlc came stateside and dat shit works on just about any modern pc at full 60fps

Just saying.

As far I know Capcom/Dimps always port their SF releases to PC themselves.

Right, I remember the KOF XIII rip hitting the net before console release. Interesting.

Chinbo37

so if I own the disc based SFIVAE PC version (which i never play because i hate to log into GWFL) and I upgrade to ultra, how does it work? I pay for an upgrade code that also will remove the GFWL? Will it be though steam or direct from capcom or someone else ... not sure how that will work

I think I know how upgrades will work.

Simplest answer is, you will put your GFWL key into Steam. Steam will recognize it, and add it to your Steam library. From there, you buy the upgrade DLC from Steam.

I say this because that has been the case with other games before.

ikariX

Banned
Is it going to be the same like AC IV : Black Flag where you put the disc into the drive or something like that and you upgrade. In this case you do it on the same console?

emb

Not making it out until August eh? Seems like a long gap between first release and PC/physical versions.

Miker

I don't mind the $30 price on PC, but I say this as someone who doesn't own SFIV at all on Steam. The costume DLC is absurdly priced anyway, and it's still a lower price than the retail versions of the games on consoles. The delay is unfortunate, but it's already pretty nice of Capcom to throw in some extra incentive. I certainly wouldn't have expected it from them.

I wonder if this means that all Xbox gold members can use the free GFG version of Arcade edition coming out, then upgrade that for 15 bucks.

RM8

That PC delay hurts :( I won't be able to play either Street Fighter or Smash Bros. online for some month. What am I supposed to do, play KOF meanwhile? :p I really don't want to double-dip for PS3, I vastly prefer playing on PC... oh well.

Laconic

Banned
Top Bottom