• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV trailer

Imm0rt4l

Where's the theme? Where the iconic melody associated with a character that identifies with them and where they're from?

Nah, this just sounds like any other song that can end up in any other game like Tekken, Virtua Fighter or any early 2000s Namco arcade racing game.
Just another tekken song us better than most sf4 tracks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
You know what would be totally awesome? If Daigo Umehara was the new character.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'll just say that when I saw the Ono at Capcom offices video I thought about it being a funny way of actually showing up who the fifth player was already.

It should just be Daigo, the god of Street Fighter just to cement his legacy, but I know it won't be.

I'm prolly not going to play on any of the new stages. The background music in those stages are annoying. The only one that is decent is the rocket ship one.

JDdelphin

This will probably be the last expansion of SFIV as far as the story goes and chronologically- this is right before the events that start in the story of SFIII- I think it would maybe make the most sense to bring in another transitional character that might not have had a role in SFIII but had an effect on someone in SFIII.

Sortof like how Charlie was in Alpha as another flavor of Guile and story-wise what happens to him is Guile's reason to enter the SF2 World Warrior tournament to hunt down Bison and all that jazz.

Tom from Alex's storyline would be a good transitional character here, I think. He's the guy who raised and trained Alex and whose dealings with the World Warrior tournament and the interjection of and defeat by Gill inspires Alex to enter the tournament in SFIII which he eventually wins, defeating Gill.

Far from being a throwaway character, it's a guy who would have a similar style to a fan-favorite and also help to flesh out the overall story and help bridge the gaps between SFIV and SFIII narratively.

-or they could toss in another demon shoto, someone who's dead in the story, or a teenage girl version/daughter/something of an existing character. Maybe even the teenage daughter of Tom- Patricia.

Guess we'll see about the thought processes going on at Capcom HQ...

Mista Koo

a3ajmho.jpg

You know what would be totally awesome? If Daigo Umehara was the new character.

I'll just say that when I saw the Ono at Capcom offices video I thought about it being a funny way of actually showing up who the fifth player was already.

It should just be Daigo, the god of Street Fighter just to cement his legacy, but I know it won't be.

Daigo from real life.

Good, good.

ibo8oBxH63PRsx.gif

fates

Nah it'll be Infiltration, Raging Demon is mapped to a Hadoken motion.

Infiltration is nowhere near where Daigo was. Yes, Infiltration dominated for the past year but Daigo's been around for a loooooong time.

So you fight Daigo who's on an arcade cabinet playing Ryu?

They could do like Brawl did for Pokemon Trainer.

Here is an article with one more super vague hint about the 5th character. Also confirms that if you have SSF4 and buy the dlc for USF4 you get AE characters..

Capcom senior product manager Matt Dahlgren has confirmed to Siliconera that the fifth new character in Ultra Street Fighter IV won’t be from any other companies—it will be a Capcom character. Dahlgren also hinted to us that it’s a character that isn’t on anyone’s radar, and that Capcom feel the character will be a perfect fit for the Street Fighter universe.

Finally, we also asked Capcom how upgrading to Ultra Street Fighter IV from a previous version of the game will work. They confirmed to us that, if you happen to own just Super Street Fighter IV, upgrading to Ultra will also get you all of the content from Arcade Edition.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/18/ultra-street-fighter-ivs-fifth-character-isnt-on-anyones-radar/

fader

Finally, we also asked Capcom how upgrading to Ultra Street Fighter IV from a previous version of the game will work. They confirmed to us that, if you happen to own just Super Street Fighter IV, upgrading to Ultra will also get you all of the content from Arcade Edition.

This should make alot of people happy, but of course people still gonna complain...

I hope for SFV everyone at least gets their own song played every time they fight i single player, if not their own stage.

The nameless music was really generic in IV while the theme music tied to characters was pretty good. What a waste that you barley ever heard it.

Barely heard it, you could set it to play every time when playing online.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Related to street fighter. It's not a real big list, honestly.
When you take into account those hints, it gets kinda messy TBH because we don't know what related could even mean. That just throws things left and it could be GutsMan for all we know.

Ryce

Biff is now my top pick as well. He's the protagonist of the Slam Masters series, a spinoff of Final Fight (which itself is a spinoff of Street Fighter). He'd fit in well.

FlyFaster

other interesting possibilities:

Zeku: Guy's mentor and the 38th Master of the Bushin style, seen in Guy's ending in Alpha 2.
rf360.jpg

Goutetsu -- Akuma and Gouken's deceased sensei. Seen in Akuma's ending in the original Alpha.
Goutetsu.JPG

Jessica -- Haggar's daughter and Cody's girlfriend, who was rescued from the Mad Gear gang in Final Fight. She can be seen cuddling Cody in the background of Guy's stage in Alpha 2. In the Street Fighter Zero 3 Secret File brochure, it is revealed that she broke up with Cody after he became a convict and went to Europe to study abroad.
cody-and-hisgirl.jpg

these were all taken from the SF wiki, tbh tho most of the NPCs are so ridiculous, like jessica, that it would be a stretch to put them in the game.

Mista Koo

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Sounds like the character appeared in another game but is not a Street Fighter character.

I can't think of any character from a modern Capcom game they would want to market. Gene?

Yeah. My real guess is that it's a character from an upcoming game that they haven't announced yet.

Top Bottom