• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV trailer

I know I'm just being wishful, but I think the clues do lend themselves to a Slam Masters character. That would make me veeeeeeeeeeery happy. (Though again, I know that it's probably not very likely.)

SMBiff.png

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Biff_Slamkovich

J-Tier

"it's very much related to Street Fighter" - Dawgtanian

So anyone guessing new character or side character from the SF universe has been on the money.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Yeps, street fighter 3 takes place enought time after 4, and could be pushed far enough that we could finally get an oldish ryu.
RYU_montage_C.jpg

Wow, what's that from?

I'd be willing to wait another 5 years for SFV to hit us with designs like this. Would be so cool to see Ryu and Ken going at one another with murder beards and next-gen particle effects.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My realistic expectation is still the girl from Remember Me and/or a character from the UDON comics run.

Which would suck TBH. Just give me the Canadian Street Fighter already. Other than that, I hope the character is related to the lore somehow and not a joke/promo/crossover. People are kicking SF canon knowledge in here though, and I appreciate that.

Ideas I like:
- Canadian Street Fighter (fighting style: NHL)
- C. Fiend (Seth reincarnate, steals more of the less popular moves, as opposed to sonic boom/SPD)
- Daigo being immortalized into some sort of SF canon character
- Extra Good Ryu
- Gouken's Daughter (fuck another Shoto though.. unless it's Extra Good Ryu)
-
- Ryu's jumpoff wife

Westlo

The dream of Hakan's or Ken's wife lives on.

And the remember me main character makes no sense at all because by the time this game comes out no one will.

Westlo

Where's the theme? Where the iconic melody associated with a character that identifies with them and where they're from?

Nah, this just sounds like any other song that can end up in any other game like Tekken, Virtua Fighter or any early 2000s Namco arcade racing game.

I associate the shit out of this song with the Topanga league and pretty much any grand finals played on the 360 since ps3 needs training stage @ tournys.

Solar Eclipse da gawd, only one coming close in the SFIV series is Overpass.

Marz

If I buy the full digital version, will it come with those costumes u could only get if you had Vanilla save data? The ones with the see through effect.

Yes, can we get what rufas was supposed to be, currently on my crap cell, could someone post the pictures.

Rufus-design1.jpg

people are speculating that its this cammy clone though

1065112-decapre.jpg

She's a clone of cammy that failed. I really hope its not her though. It would be pretty stupid if we got a clone character. Even if her playstyle is different with the claw, fuck having the only new character end up being a clone lol. Watson did claim that he knew who the new character was and he was disappointed by it and told everyone to not get their hopes up. Obviously this could apply to a character who is completely unique and new to the game, but it fits the bill of a clone character very well.

I'm hoping the 5th character gets leaked by that Lupinko guy later this week or capcom tries to beat the leakers by revealing it at comic con.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
"it's very much related to Street Fighter" - Dawgtanian

So anyone guessing new character or side character from the SF universe has been on the money.
Not in a fighting game ever, but very much related to Street Fighter.

Guys. It's Ono.

I don't see how Decapre would be a clone. Sure, she'd have a recycled Cammy model, but she fights with claws, if anything she'd be a Vega clone - a first in the series lol.

I don't see how Decapre would be a clone. Sure, she'd have a recycled Cammy model, but she fights with claws, if anything she'd be a Vega clone - a first in the series lol.

yeah what i was trying to say is that they will still share the same model and i would rather have a completely new character over a character that shares a new model. Plus i'm sure capcom will recycle some of Cammys animations for Decapre

yeah what i was trying to say is that they will still share the same model and i would rather have a completely new character over a character that shares a new model. Plus i'm sure capcom will recycle some of Cammys animations for Decapre
They'll definitely recycle a model even if it's someone completely new.

They got all these Tekken character models lying around, no reason not to use them.

alstein

I don't think Namco would be happy if Street Fighter suddenly introduced an obviously reskinning Tekken character...

It's not like the SFxTK Tekken char assets were made by Namco- I don't think it would be a problem.

Not sure which Tekken char would be the best to convert- my guess is Raven if we're getting some sort of Ninja.

Top Bottom