• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Aw man, the new villain skins don't have voices. :(

They're cool looking, but being mute is :(

Hopefully they can add voices to them in the near future.

Winter Sully <3

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
alr1ghtstart said:
wrgajl.gif

EPIC. I need to do this.

Wow that is funny. I have to remember to download the new skins tomorrow.

Levi

Banned
Kittonwy said:
GGs tonight (bleach, robot, joe), fucking campers they tried to get the win with 10 sec left but we cockblocked dem motherfuckers.
Indifferent2.gif

It's nice to be back. Missed this game. For all its flaws, when it's going good, it's a ton of fucking fun.

Ikkarus

jett said:
Enough with the mute characters, they really take out some of the fun in MP.
I was rather let down when I discovered the new villians were muted. :(
ND should at least nab the voices of the original multiplayer voices (Stark & co) and put them on them.

Still, Heist Chloe and all Sully skins are awesome.

D23

i am so late to the party, but i just got uncharted 2 lsat night. i play the single player up until chapter 5 then had to go to bed..

the whole time my jaw was on the floor and just stay there... WOW

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
D23 said:
i am so late to the party, but i just got uncharted 2 lsat night. i play the single player up until chapter 5 then had to go to bed..

the whole time my jaw was on the floor and just stay there... WOW
the real uncharted 2 starts from chapter 6:lol

Kittonwy

Banned
jett said:
Enough with the mute characters, they really take out some of the fun in MP.

I've been using a skeleton the last few days and it's like walking on cushioned pawz, people didn't even notice me, I can get into striking distance and pounce.
Indifferent2.gif

JB1981

synching live data. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- when did this crap start? i don't remember it being such a pain in the ass to play this game. Must have been that stupid trophy patch!!!

JB1981

Kittonwy said:
When did you last play the game? Maybe they're tweaking something.
Indifferent2.gif

every time i boot up this game it takes ten minutes to synch live data. and then i try to find a game and it takes an eternity. i just want to play :(

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
This weekend's lab is already up according to the Twitter account.

The Lab” is open from Friday, August 20, at 10:00 AM PDT (what time is that in my city?) through Monday, August 23, at 10:00 AM PDT (what time is that in my city?).

No Power Weapons

This episode of "The Lab" features Team Deathmatch games with all power weapons removed from the three maps listed below. We've removed the spawns for the Desert – 5, M4, Dragon Sniper, Moss – 12, SAS – 12, Pistole, RPG – 7, GAU – 19, and the M32 – Hammer.

The remaining available weapons are the AK-47, FAL, 92FS-9mm, Micro - 9mm and, of course, the Mk-NDI grenades.

The active maps for this weekend of “The Lab” are:

* The Plaza
* The Train Wreck
* The Village

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I had a weird problem today. Well, two.

First:

This happened 3 times tonight. The mode I was playing was Plunder. Matchmaking picks up people and the match is about to start. The countdown begins and everything is good except when it reaches 1. It just stays there in the loading screen and nothing happens. The match doesn't load up. Some people who were on voice chat were saying that their screen was pure black with the dagger just loading while others were seeing what I was seeing, which was the loading screen with the countdown stuck at number 1. It's annoying; especially when it takes a long time to pick up a full room of people. :( I had never encountered this problem until recently. Any fix for this or does anyone know why this happens?

Second:

I was playing in a Plunder match. 3 vs. 3. One of my team mates picked up the Rocket Launcher and I'm not sure who tossed a grenade...but the point is that they kind of exploded at the same time I think and when that happened...everyone from the match disconnected with the exception of me and another player who I could not see. He was invisible the whole round and could kill me (I know, dead man glitch right?). Still, I find it extremely bizarre that everyone with the exception of me and that other dude were disconnected from the match the instant the rocket launcher hit.

In other news, I haven't tried The Lab yet. I saw it, but I just had no desire to play it yet. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Eccocid

JB1981 said:
every time i boot up this game it takes ten minutes to synch live data. and then i try to find a game and it takes an eternity. i just want to play :(
Same thing happens to me. I spent 30 mins to play a single match and never tried it again cuz everytime i boot it it synchs data for 10 minutes and spends another 20 min in the lobby seeking for other players..duh

Levi

Banned
Kittonwy said:
Seems all the laggers flocked to the lab, ended up playing regular games and had way more success tonight.
Indifferent2.gif

Did you guys actually win any games after I left? Because losing 6 in a row was just too much for me. :/

I watched Hot Fuzz tonight and I believe the guy who played Simon Skinner (the super market owner), Timothy Dalton would be a fantastic Victor "God Damn" Sullivan!!!!!!!

Just color his hair gray! He's got the voice for it!!!!!!!!1

Darkatomz

Haven't played this game (or any game) in like two weeks... Hopefully I'll have a chance to play a little this weekend. If I stop feeling like shit anyways. Gotta see those new skins for myself.

Kittonwy

Banned
VsRobot said:
Did you guys actually win any games after I left? Because losing 6 in a row was just too much for me. :/

The other two dropped out and I ended up playing randoms and winning the majority of my matches.
Indifferent2.gif

JB1981

Eccocid said:
Same thing happens to me. I spent 30 mins to play a single match and never tried it again cuz everytime i boot it it synchs data for 10 minutes and spends another 20 min in the lobby seeking for other players..duh

to boot patch 1.09 is buggy as all hell .. the load screen just goes and goes and goes and then i have to do a hard restart. only way i could get the game to work was by deleting patch data completely and redownloading each patch (all 9 of them). This took a good half hour!! What a disaster!

Back to Gears 2 social matches. FRAG OUT!

Jaroof

Snipes424 said:
I'm enjoying the lab this time. Going 21 and 3 only confirms to me that people rely WAY too much on the power weapons.

Which is why I loved the Pistol only plunder matches :D
Yeah, I hate running into people that think they're the best at this game when all they use is power weapons >_<
Especially the M-32.

I wish I could join in on this lab, but my internet's out :'(
I'm having to use someone else's.

cjtiger300 said:
I watched Hot Fuzz tonight and I believe the guy who played Simon Skinner (the super market owner), Timothy Dalton would be a fantastic Victor "God Damn" Sullivan!!!!!!!

Just color his hair gray! He's got the voice for it!!!!!!!!1

I always pictured J. Jonah Jameson (actor's name escapes me at the moment) making a great Sully outside of the voice actor himself. His voice, wit and personality are perfect for the role.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I always pictured J. Jonah Jameson (actor's name escapes me at the moment) making a great Sully outside of the voice actor himself. His voice, wit and personality are perfect for the role.

J.K. Simmons. He is aight, but Tim Dalton would be awesome as long as he could pull off an American accent!

Darkatomz

^Yeah, those were some really good games.

The lab is excellent. No shotgun whores, and you only get a choice of AK/FAL and 92FS/Uzi and some grenades. I can actually manage consistently decent games. Along with the Pistol lab, this No Power Weapons are easily my favorites so far.

Too bad it expired... :(

Rewrite said:
First:

This happened 3 times tonight. The mode I was playing was Plunder. Matchmaking picks up people and the match is about to start. The countdown begins and everything is good except when it reaches 1. It just stays there in the loading screen and nothing happens. The match doesn't load up. Some people who were on voice chat were saying that their screen was pure black with the dagger just loading while others were seeing what I was seeing, which was the loading screen with the countdown stuck at number 1. It's annoying; especially when it takes a long time to pick up a full room of people. :( I had never encountered this problem until recently. Any fix for this or does anyone know why this happens?
Oh, so it's Uncharted 2's issue, not my PS3. *phew* That was happening to me yesterday as well, and I thought my PS3 was on the fritz or something. Only difference is I never got to the loading screen at all. The countdown would get to 1, and it would stay at the map selection screen. It wouldn't go to the loading screen at all.

Ah, I see. Yeah, it seems a lot of people have been having a lot of connection errors in the game lately as well. Lots of people get stuck, and then leave the game. It happened before, of course, but it's more frequent lately.

Anyone else downloaded the Uncharted 2 premium theme?

I just did and it's fucking awesome.

For anyone wondering in case they're on the fence, it's basically like a scene from the first stage.

It's Drake walking through the snow in from a little bit of a distance. So cool.

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but has anyone else run into excessive connection errors? I can guarantee to get one to three per night. Is it just a game code issue or would it be router related? Thanks :)

KCHusker33 said:
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but has anyone else run into excessive connection errors? I can guarantee to get one to three per night. Is it just a game code issue or would it be router related? Thanks :)
Yesterday it happened to me twice.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So I figured I'd give this game's mutilplayer another shot... really in the mood to try out some co-op last night. And a couple weeks ago I had to sit through more than 45 mins of updates and "syncing live game data" so at least I won't have to do that again. Be in a better frame of mind when I finally get to play.

Nope.

After 20 mins of that connecting "syncing" mess I turned it off. Didn't even get to play. So awesome.

Kittonwy

Banned
mysticwhip said:
These Roman numeral lvl fuckers keep owning me online. why does the game pair me up with these high levels when I'm just lvl 38?

Equip evasion and listen to them whine about you "camping them" by working your way towards them and shooting them in the head.
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy said:
Equip evasion and listen to them whine about you "camping them" by working your way towards them and shooting them in the head.
Indifferent2.gif

Might be a problem there.

mysticwhip said:
These Roman numeral lvl fuckers keep owning me online. why does the game pair me up with these high levels when I'm just lvl 38?

Yeef

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif
He doesn't have Evasion. He's only level 38!

JB1981

recklessmind said:
So I figured I'd give this game's mutilplayer another shot... really in the mood to try out some co-op last night. And a couple weeks ago I had to sit through more than 45 mins of updates and "syncing live game data" so at least I won't have to do that again. Be in a better frame of mind when I finally get to play.

Nope.

After 20 mins of that connecting "syncing" mess I turned it off. Didn't even get to play. So awesome.

I had this problem as well. I was fortunate to have a lot of spare time so I stuck with it but I can't believe the state of things when it comes to trying to get back into this game. 9 patches later and nearly half a dozen times trying to get the game to sync make it not worth it. Particularly when I can jump into other competing shooters virtually instantenously. Naughty Dog definitely needs to address this next go around.

JB1981

They patched the game 9 times .......... i don't remember the game doing this before they patched in multiplayer trophies ......

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It has always done the syncing live data bit. The last livesync probably included that skin pack they released and bug fixes. If you don't play for 2 months, it's going to be slow.

Kittonwy

Banned
Me and treble and wow and pain ran into a bunch of dti/sa whoring laggers who were complaining the whole time that we were the ones lagging and camping lol.
Indifferent2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom