• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes424

Good games tonight guys. I usually do a lot better, but seemed like everyone I was shooting was lagging like crazy, not to mention the jumping skeleton with DTI and Fleetfoot :lol :lol .

Treb

Yep good games, Snipes and Kitton. That last plunder match was pretty laggy, but we did well enough to beat them 4 to 3. :D

Psykotik

http://asia.playstation.com/sg/en/psn/addOnDetail/180630

Itching for more player skin options in online multiplayer modes of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™? Lucky you, the Sidekicks have arrived! Grab this pack to get 8 awesome new skins of characters as seen in UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune™ and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™.

Now you can bring the fight as Heist Chloe, Borneo Chloe, Borneo Sullivan, UDF Sullivan, Winter Sullivan, Wetsuit Elena, Mac, and Dillon.
Download the "Sidekick Skin Pack" for the "GAME OF THE YEAR" award winner, UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves™ today!

Angst

I've been playing some multi lately and it's really quite fun!

Anyone know where I should look for info about the different multiplayer modes? Most are self-explanatory, but I'm a bit unsure of the rules for some of the new modes.

Disappointed that there's no info about the different modes on Naughty Dog's website (unless it's buried in the blog somewhere).

Jaroof

I was in a pistol/grenade match yesterday, and I saw someone standing next to a ledge. I leapt into action, grabbed the ledge, threw a grenade, and then grabbed the guy.
The result:

1zmcuh0.jpg

20qm06c.jpg

2975hw.jpg

20jnsp3.jpg

I actually grabbed him here, it just looked weird because the grenade was also exploding.

15y96ph.jpg

12674pg.jpg

24wxzq8.jpg

f419vc.jpg

jrb40p.jpg

wqy7pt.jpg

Somehow, we landed at the same time >_>

:lol Ahhh I love when silly looking stuff happens on this game.

Edit: Oh, and nice to the new skins, but.. who the hell is Dillon?

I'm sorry if this was brought up in earlier pages but I'm having the "error syncing data" problem for weeks now... I tried to deleted the game data and re-download it again... and the same damn message every time I try to log online!!!

So is there a solution to this? I'm very desperate to log online :(

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
My friend has the same problem. We couldn't play at all because he kept getting errors every single time he'd try and connect. I honestly don't know a solution to that problem. :( I haven't tried looking up the problem over at the Naughty Dog forums, though. Try there?

Psykotik

The Praiseworthy said:
I'm sorry if this was brought up in earlier pages but I'm having the "error syncing data" problem for weeks now... I tried to deleted the game data and re-download it again... and the same damn message every time I try to log online!!!

So is there a solution to this? I'm very desperate to log online :(

just keep trying over and over. it'll work eventually and that loading bar will fill up all the way.

i have to do this all the time. just needs some persistence.

I haven't tried looking up the problem over at the Naughty Dog forums, though. Try there?

I've looked up this in a lot of forums and message boards, nothing helped fixing my problem ;_;
just keep trying over and over. it'll work eventually and that loading bar will fill up all the way.

i have to do this all the time. just needs some persistence.
The longest time I've tried to log in was for almost 25 minutes.... and honestly I can't try longer than this :\

spats

Uncharted 2 dynamic theme. :O~~~~

Also, somebody asked about additional Uncharted avatars and got this reply:

Posted on 12 August, 2010 at 5:20 pm by Richard Yap
Don’t worry they are in the pipeline, so keep posted for further updates.

Darkatomz

Well, I'm there for both, but I'm pretty sure that we have a boatload of skins to choose from already, whether you've been getting the packs or not...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Darkatomz said:
Well, I'm there for both, but I'm pretty sure that we have a boatload of skins to choose from already, whether you've been getting the packs or not...
I like skins. I always change skins for every match I play. Variety is awesome.

I can't wait for the Sully skins. So fucking bought just for that.

TripOpt55

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for a couple new maps. I'll get the skins though and the dynamic theme. Both look pretty cool. I haven't played in a bit though. I'll try and play some more again soon.

yes the lag is the worst thing about this games multiplayer. absolutely the worst. it is in every match, and it only gets worse the more you play. anyway...

you think maybe this update will give those other skins voices? because if there are new skins out with voices it will be like they never came out with them, everyone will still use skeletons or PS heroes

Irish

Awesome! Teh Kittonz iz back! I need to play some more U2, but SC2 is keeping me away.
Physical punishment is in no way cruel. >=(

Dibbz

Just heard about the new DLC and didn't even know that they already had 2 new characters in.

Just when I though ND couldn't get better they go and add the fucking predator squad.

1987_predator_001.jpg

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
OK, I have a problem now.

Every time I boot up the game, everything loads properly. HOWEVER, when the Naughty Dog logo appears and disappears, the little sound effect (when the snow disappears) keeps playing itself in the background over and over again. I can connect online, but I can't play a match because it does the same thing when it's loading up the match. I also can't play any single player campaign chapters or load up cutscenes. My PS3 doesn't have problems reading other games, but for some reason Uncharted 2 started giving me this problem today.

Tips/Help?

Edit:

By the way, I forgot to mention...If I put "Quit Game" it actually restarts the PS3..

Edit 2:

OK, I can play online, BUT that stupid sound effect is still there and all I hear are the weapon sound effects...I don't hear character's voices at all.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I deleted my game data and installed everything again...That seemed to have fixed everything. Thank god. I was scared I wouldn't be able to fully play it again.

lol, it says I'm missing a DLC pack when I have everything. Apparently, the "bundle" is the only thing I didn't buy since I bought everything in that bundle separately. Shit, I have to redownload all my DLC.

Levi

Banned
Welcome back Kittonwy! I tried to get you to join me a while back but I think you were already asleep. :mad: Haven't had much free time lately (shit has been hitting the fan) but I'll try and carve out some quality UC2 time in the near future.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Dynamic theme looks nice, but as usual with these themes, the icons are just half assed semi-ugliness. Just put default icon set if you don't want to put any real effort into it. I wish XMB would let you select Icon set and dynamic background separately, or at least for every dynamic theme to offer option for default icon set.

Arne, if you're still reading this, I'd gladly donate the icon set from my theme for your dynamic theme, free of charge or any obligation. It may not be the best there is but its sure as hell better than what's there now :\

deepbrown

Deep asks: If I said Barrellamma, would you know what I was talking about?

Naughty Dog: The first rule of the Barrellama Defense Club is not to talk about the Barrellama Defense Club. ;)

http://www.playstationuniversity.com/naughty-dog-talks-with-playstation-university-part-2-4278/

:lol BARRELLAMA has made it! Kind of think this interview deserves its own thread, especially since a few of the questions for the Dog's came from Gaf. Talks about Move, 3D, Uncharted's future, Jak, etc.

I was just thinking of something for a future Lab: Double length competitive. Death match can have a score limit of 100, plunder can be 10 instead of 5 etc. Most matches end far too quickly for me and I'd like to at least play some longer matches for a weekend.

d0c_zaius

Yea that tank gif is too amazing. People abusing the tank with shields is too funny.

Also the sidekick skins went live! Winter Sully forever!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom