• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves | The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foob

I hate the new changes!

I don't dilly dally around on plunder and the like, but I easily get 15 kills a match, and now I'm getting like 25K a match.

This sucks..

Yeef

Foob said:
I hate the new changes!

I don't dilly dally around on plunder and the like, but I easily get 15 kills a match, and now I'm getting like 25K a match.

This sucks..
Play on a winning team and equip deposit or play a different mode and use negative boosters. It's still plenty easy to earn monies.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I played Plunder the day the patch went live and I was laughing my ass off @ the bitter tears of people complaining that they're only getting like $2 for kills. LOVE it. :lol

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Is it possible for Naughty Dog to implement a join option? I hate quitters and the game isn't fun when there isn't a lot of people playing a certain mode and you're stuck in a 3 vs. 3 and some loser decides to quit making it 2 vs. 3. Same goes for any other number of players whether it's 4 vs. 4 or 5 vs. 5. If not, then hopefully if the next Uncharted has a multiplayer mode...they'll implement a join option.

lastinline said:
I would like to have new maps, that is all.

Yeah where the hell is Borneo. That level is begging to be made into a multiplayer map complete with the skeletons of ships as cover and climbing options.

Another good one would be the train yard with a train that comes through at a random time killing any and all in the way.

Another U: DF map I'd like is the vault area. With multiple dead ends and such would make for some interesting matches.

i don't care if they take levels from the single player that havent been converted to multiplayer maps like the Tree of Life, or just make different versions of places like the Plaza (could do the daytime version), the ice cave, i just hope they add some new (FREE) maps.

But even if they werent free i'd dive in

ryan-ts

For the first time ever I led a game in kills! When does GAF usually get together for multiplayer? I think I'd like to join sometime.

Gyrian

Rikyfree said:

Only a year later, Winter Sully is finally on the way?
Hell yes. :]

micrometaru.gif

TripOpt55

Cool video and I'd be excited for some new skins. Hope there are some new maps as well. I haven't played since the Plunder changes or whatever, but since I usually play with randoms I'm sure it will still make me mad.

VulcanVillain

Neo Member
jett said:
Playing plunder with randoms makes me want to kill shit.

...makes me want to send you a turd in a box. :lol (but then why would you need another copy of UC2?)

Seriously though, as awesome as this game is, the lag just kills me. I can't play a single match without a mexiclan cloggin the whole thing up. Why oh why can't we match up based on regional servers, ping, connection speed/quality, whatever? So, rather than reserve my room with Hurley at Santa Rosa, I think I'm going to take another sabbatical from UC2. I'll keep an eye out for GAFers rejoicing that the lag is gone. Until then, I think I'll just enjoy some single player games for a while.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
August 6 – 9
Co-Op Crushing
Think you’ve mastered all of our Co-op modes? Give this episode of “The Lab” a try – we’ve lowered the health to Crushing levels in a selection of Co-op Objective and Co-op Arena maps.

August 20 – 23
No Power Weapons
Can you still dominate with the basic tools of UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer? During this weekend of “The Lab” we’ll be running Team Deathmatch but you’ll discover that all power weapons are absent on the selected maps. That means no weapons like the M-32 Hammer, GAU-19, SAS-12, Pistole, and more, will be available for pickup.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Co-op Crushing

OH

MY

FUCKING

GOD

!

Naughty Dog, omfg. You have delivered. You guys don't know how long I've been asking for something like this and you guys have finally delivered it.

:bow :bow :bow :BOW

I'm so fucking excited.

_RT_

I really hate playing with random assholes (douchebag killing teammates in co-op)
If I quit one game... do I get hit with the penalty?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
jett said:
I think I've just about had it with U2. Netcode has serious issues and I've had enough.
Yeah, I hear ya. I don't know why, I complain a lot, but I can't force myself to stop playing. It's just so much fun.

_RT_ said:
I really hate playing with random assholes (douchebag killing teammates in co-op)
Those idiot team mates need to be banned. I haven't had a team mate like that in my team in a while, but it really sucks when you play with one those assholes. Unfortunately, I think you do get hit with the penalty if you decide to quit. I've never actually rage quit before, just accidentally lost connection with the other player and I have never received a penalty.

Levi

Banned
_RT_ said:

First quit of the day is free. It'll warn you when you hit quit what the penalty with be. First quit is a 30 second delay before you can jump back into matchmaking, next quit is 90 seconds and 40K (or less if you're a low-level).

Levi

Banned
jett said:
I think I've just about had it with U2. Netcode has serious issues and I've had enough.

I've played once in about a week, and the lag was so bad I couldn't pick up a gun. I'd hit triangle, and like 3 seconds later my gun would change.

Last straw? Not for me... yet. I've been enjoying my break, though, playing other games and spending extra QT with the family.

Think I'll hop on for a bit tonight, though, if anyone is on. Otherwise, it's back to working my way through Darksiders.

Jaroof

alr1ghtstart said:
August 6 – 9

August 20 – 23
No Power Weapons
Can you still dominate with the basic tools of UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer? During this weekend of “The Lab” we’ll be running Team Deathmatch but you’ll discover that all power weapons are absent on the selected maps. That means no weapons like the M-32 Hammer, GAU-19, SAS-12, Pistole, and more, will be available for pickup.

Yeah!
I hate power weapons :)
They make the online too easy :p

Jaroof

GG tonight to all the GAF peeps I played with!
Joeinnit, CHRP, Ryanardo, VSRobot, Kittonwy, BrokenOath..

And BrokenOath :lol at that sniper match 30-40 second chase.

Irish

Ha, that was absolutely fantastic Jaroof.

ND said:
August 20 – 23
No Power Weapons

They said no power weapons, yet they didn't list a single one in that little description.

34sqtmf.jpg

(That's roughly 2/3 of all of my kills. Top 4 weapons as well. My rifle stats are just laughable.)

Snipes424

VulcanVillain said:
...makes me want to send you a turd in a box. :lol (but then why would you need another copy of UC2?)

Seriously though, as awesome as this game is, the lag just kills me. I can't play a single match without a mexiclan cloggin the whole thing up. Why oh why can't we match up based on regional servers, ping, connection speed/quality, whatever? So, rather than reserve my room with Hurley at Santa Rosa, I think I'm going to take another sabbatical from UC2. I'll keep an eye out for GAFers rejoicing that the lag is gone. Until then, I think I'll just enjoy some single player games for a while.
Ive been seeing the same thing. Any time see [ESP] or [Mex], it seems to be much laggier than most other matches. Problem with region only games are the fact that I can't play with friends in Europe, which would suck.

Ikkarus

alr1ghtstart said:
No Power Weapons
Do people use the GAU-19??

Having no power weapons would bring in a breath of fresh air so I will trying out that one for sure.

Snipes424

Ikkarus said:
Do people use the GAU-19??

Having no power weapons would bring in a breath of fresh air so I will trying out that one for sure.

It would be interesting, I agree.

It seems like every game now, people just go straight for the hammer or rocket launcher to get their free kills, and then they go back to sucking :p

Kinan said:
4r40ib.jpg

Hehe, thats a pretty recognizable drawing style.

I miss Wollan. :(

What's this?

It looks like something I have been dreaming of to be incorporated into U2's multiplayer.
Some sort of tower defense game, but with real human players and a kick-ass multipath layered vertical map?

Kinan said:
Its a vertical MP map design by Wollan. The map will probably be released in the next DLC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EleTKthTRhg#t=57m15s

Wow, nice. I would definately buy this.
I hope they'll include a fitting new gametype for this map as well.

Would be great to have a defend/capture-based gametype where the defending team starts at the top of the mountain, trying to defend a treasure (or even an AI character).
The attacking team spawns at the bottom and has a limited amount of respawns and time available to get to the treasure and bring it back to the other end of the map.

Given the design of the map, the treasure should be too heavy to throw of course. ;-)

VulcanVillain

Neo Member
Snipes424 said:
Ive been seeing the same thing. Any time see [ESP] or [Mex], it seems to be much laggier than most other matches. Problem with region only games are the fact that I can't play with friends in Europe, which would suck.

I didn't mean region-locked. I meant the ability to choose to play with people in my region or similar connections to ND/PSN. Admittedly, I don't know exactly how this could be accomodated, but it's a nice dream. I have an 8-week old baby, and mostly just play with randoms due to time constraints, but I certainly wouldn't want to sacrifice being able to play with friends from other regions.

Then again, dedicated servers are a nice dream too...maybe we'll hit the lotto with UC3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom