• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 - two new pics

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
moar
vf0cm0rr621vvq4wq8do_ncharted2screen1.png

f76damshmn0b96itet_ncharted2screen2.png

m183sr42v3wlaacsbd33_ncharted2screen6.png

BeeDog

Sweet jesus I'm dying over here. Awesome screens.

And since I didn't follow the conference, I DL'ed the part 1 video from Gamersyde. ZOMFG!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
OK thread title change please: Uncharted 2: New pics of HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!
The screens look waaaaaaaay too crisp and clean.

skulpt

This is easily the most detailed game with a 3rd person view. And to think about how smoothly it flows and animates dynamically. To me, this is probably game of the show by a fair bit.

What floors me from the "How the hell?" mindset at looking at this to "No, f'n way!" is the fact you can see the scant edge aliasing on on the edges of the polygon models which shows in direct frame buffer shots.

Like look at the steps in some of these pics, there is the prime example of realtime grabs with the aliasing go all around or Drakes hair on the right side of his head, just look at his ear, there is slight aliasing on the inner side of the indicating the scale of being 3D rendered.

Naughty Dog are your lord and masters.

Basch

Teetris said:
OMG Thanks! :D

aww, no helicopter part :(

Just part one for now, they'll throw up the rest as soon as they can. Considering how fast they got the first up, I'd guess that'd be very soon.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
wow at the gameplay footage. Bravo Naughty Dog, bravo

tinfoilhatman

all of my posts are my avatar
Sure would be nice to see some gamplay videos, but if I were to say I wasn't tottally pumped for this that would be bullshit.

Tonza

My most wanted game of the year. The graphics are insane.

The live-demo was clearly the highlight of Sony's conference.

skulpt

HOW are they doing this without loading???? I would be more than happy to have 3 minute loading times to get this detail? This makes no sense how they can pull this off when games half as detailed and as rich require loading times. It's amazing.

____

Well, I didn't want to make a thread.

But out of the good grace of God, G.A.P. just sent me an U2 beta code.

Holy. Shit.

Check your emails?

Or am I late?

So people have been saying all this time wheres a game on PS3 that cant be done on 360.

MGS4....... Nah.
Killzone 2 ....... Nah.
Uncharted 2 ...... Fuck.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
____ said:
Well, I didn't want to make a thread.

But out of the good grace of God, G.A.P. just sent me an U2 beta code.

Holy. Shit.

Check your emails?

Or am I late?
Thanks, I just got one too!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, ridiculous.

Keikoku said:
Codemaster-ish bullshots
Please elaborate. There's obvious shadow aliasing and pixel aliasing on those screens (on first two screens that were the only ones posted in time of your posting). I'm looking but I can't see what's bull about these shots.

J-Rzez

Keikoku said:
Codemaster-ish bullshots

What's it like? To you know, feel pain that PS3 has the best looking game? Must be odd. PM Gantz and have a little meet up at a hotel. Jump in a hot tub, sprinkle some rose petals on the surface, and discuss with him about how the PS3 sucks, you'll feel better then.

EDIT: Whoops, typo's galore today.

Top Bottom