• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhiLonius

The crashed plane in those wallpapers makes me hope for a level taking place in a plane as it falls out the sky. I figure if Drake can survive a complete train wreck, he should be good to go here.

Square Triangle said:
Has Naughty Dog comfirmed that they will not be making another Jak and Daxter? I realize Uncharted is now their baby and I'm all for the franchise but please make a new Jak damn it!

Evan Wells has said that they want to make another Jak, but they only make one game at a time and right now they're focused on Uncharted.

Galvanise_ said:
This sounds awesome.

I wonder if they'll be able to keep adding in new characters and bring back Chloe and Elena too. Eventually It'll end up becoming the equivalent of Indiana Jones crossed with Friends.

I don't mind Chloe coming back, but let's take it easy on the eyeshadow this time.

george_us

Call me crazy but I could totally see those being in-game. They look better than Uncharted 2 but they aren't a gigantic leap. Of course that doesn't mean they aren't pants-shittingly amazing either.

Definity

I'm pumped for this one but I learned my lesson with Uncharted 2. I basically spoiled the game for myself by staying tuned in with the media. I knew what was going to happen in the game before I even did it.

Not this time. Gimme a release date and that's all I need.

modulaire

the images look like they are part of a cutscene - I don't see why it shouldn't be possible for UC3 achieve this quality.

-viper-

Banned
Psychotext said:
I'm going to get shouted at here...

...as much of a fan as I am of Uncharted, especially Uncharted 2, isn't three games in four years pushing it a bit?
At least how each Uncharted game takes place in different environment. Each game is the series is unique in that sense.

Can't really say the same for the countless number of Assassin Creed's, Call Of Duty's and Halo's released each year, which look practically the same.

-viper-

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
If you can start to hate a game just because other people really like it then that's your own issue.
That's fucking stupid. Disliking a game because others are hyped about it. Heh.

Augemitbutter said:
looking forward to see the kevin butler spot for this one.

probably gonna feature the same boy and the girl who likes movies in U2 spot, only this time with 3d glasses, and maybe the girl is the one playing leaving the boyfriend unable to play.:D

I'd be surprised if Sony didn't push for Move support on this given they need to push that as much as possible and Uncharted is one of their top franchises. Can't see it ending well though.

marc^o^ said:
Avatar defined 3D in movies. Among all games, I'd bet on Uncharted 3 to do the same on PS3. These guys are genius.

There's a huge difference between paying an extra few bucks to see a movie like Avatar in 3D and shelling out, say, $1,200 for a 3D TV, especially considering most people made the just made the jump to HDTV within the last five years. I will consider buying a a 3DTV when the prices come down.

Melfice7

Some crazy posts here expecting the same graphical jump like u1 > u2 you're crazy y'all!

Also.. UNCHARTED 3!!! :3 :3 :3 :3

Even If the graphics are exactly the same as 2 (with updated sand effects being the only difference) I'll still be there first day. U2 was my game of the year easily last year and the funnest time I'd had with a single player game in years.

distrbnce

Banned
demolitio said:
This immediately has me wishing I held onto Uncharted 2. The hype has me wanting a third playthrough.. :lol

It's my philosophy that there are some games you simply don't get rid of...

Corto

I'm just imagining the plane falling with Drake frantically trying to escape alive... fire, explosions, luggage and cargo flying all around... and the player controlling Drake all along. That's the demo.

demolitio said:
This immediately has me wishing I held onto Uncharted 2. The hype has me wanting a third playthrough.. :lol
Yeah I can see myself playing through U2 again, such an incredible experience. Final boss battle irritated the piss out of me though!

stay gold

5247056074_de93ac1251_o.jpg

Nice handbag bro

Shadow780

GillianSeed79 said:
There's a huge difference between paying an extra few bucks to see a movie like Avatar in 3D and shelling out, say, $1,200 for a 3D TV, especially considering most people made the just made the jump to HDTV within the last five years. I will consider buying a a 3DTV when the prices come down.

It's actually more affordable, I remember paying $5k for 52XBR3 when it first came out, terrible mistake.

Gary Whitta said:
I'd be surprised if Sony didn't push for Move support on this given they need to push that as much as possible and Uncharted is one of their top franchises. Can't see it ending well though.

ND has done several interviews where they've said that it won't support Move. That seems like a feature that Sony would've pushed them toward at the beginning of the development if they were going to push them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom