• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 |OT| All Developers Dream, But Not Equally

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
ErasureAcer said:
Uh isn't shooting like 90% of the game? It was in U2.

Some misguided souls have convinced themselves that Uncharted is an action/adventure game and not a shooter despite the lack of freedom, exploration, actual platforming, etc.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
hey_it's_that_dog said:
Some misguided souls have convinced themselves that Uncharted is an action/adventure game and not a shooter despite the lack of freedom, exploration, actual platforming, etc.
A game doesn't have to have freedom, exploration, or platforming to be called an adventure. Case in point, just about every P&C adventure. Adventure is a game that well, takes you on an adventure, and you do various things for the duration of it.

jackdoe

Lord Error said:
A game doesn't have to have freedom, exploration, or platforming to be called an adventure. Case in point, just abot every P&C adventure. Adventure is a game that well, takes you on an adventure, and you do various things for the duration of it.
Besides, Action/Adventure is such a loose term that's used to describe a wide variety of games. Anything from extremely linear point and click games to wide open RPGs can fall under that category.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jason's Ultimatum said:
I have a feeling UC1 won't be topped.
I suggest just playing it again. I still like it a lot, but it just feels dated and much more formulaic compared to uc2. Also, everyone has shiny faces :/

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I don't care what people say about Uncharted 1, it'll always be special to me. It was the first must have game on PS3 imo and my first time experience with it was special.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Does anyone know if all the UPCs/SKUs are the same?

I'm thinking of running to walmart to pick this up at midnight, and playing tonight. Then tomorrow I plan to do the B2G1 at Target, and I could return said Target copy to Walmart using my first receipt.

Any clues?

Help please re: a puzzle. I'm somewhere around chapter 8-10.

How the hell do I get Nate to recognize the north star? I see where it is. I see where it's pointing. What do I do next?

Thanks!

Ricky_R

Anything new about the cut-scene viewer? I read that they were considering patching it in, but has there been any news after that?

Wario64 said:
I don't care what people say about Uncharted 1, it'll always be special to me. It was the first must have game on PS3 imo and my first time experience with it was special.

I liked UC2 more, but I feel the same way about Uncharted 1. It has a special place in my heart.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wario64 said:
That's true, and I agree. But i was talking more from the perspective of someone playing it today for the first time, and comparing with what came after.

Ricky_R said:
Anything new about the cut-scene viewer? I read that they were considering patching it in, but has there been any news after that?
They have now said its not happening. Not now, and not later.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wario64 said:
The first one still has the best story, IMO. It felt like an adventure and mystery. Gameplay wise, 2 takes the crown. Story wise? UC1 is still my favorite.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why does it take almost a full minute to login to check stats @ nd.com? Or hell, why do I have to log in at all (U2 didn't require it).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Help please re: a puzzle. I'm somewhere around chapter 8-10.

How the hell do I get Nate to recognize the north star? I see where it is. I see where it's pointing. What do I do next?

Thanks!
IIRC, I just pointed the telescope at the star and then a cutscene was triggered. I think you might have to press R1 when you have the crosshair lined up with the star but I'm not 100% sure.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I loved Uncharted 1 as well but Uncharted 2 was a far better game in all aspects in my opinion. It told a better story, the gameplay/controls were tighter, and the fully playable big moments were a lot more intense.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Ricky_R said:
Seriously? That sucks so much for me.

You sure they didn't mean the unlockables, cheats etc.?

I thought you could cut together clips in multiplayer and upload it to youtube or facebook?

jett

D-Member
Wario64 said:

Tru dat

Loudninja

Wario64 said:
Hell yeah still love UC1.

jett

D-Member
alr1ghtstart said:
Why does it take almost a full minute to login to check stats @ nd.com? Or hell, why do I have to log in at all (U2 didn't require it).
why bother check your stats at all. if they aren't fucked up yet they'll get fucked up soon enough. Mine displayed 20 hours of play time two weeks ago, 7 minutes last week and 9 hours today.

Ricky_R

Loudninja said:
Where did they say this?

I knwo they said that about the cheats.

Yeah, that's what I figured as I made reference of that same post by Arne where he confirmed that cheats and stuff would not be patched in ever, but they were considering the cut-scene viewer.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
wouwie said:
Gunplay doesn't seem as fun anymore. Melee is forced upon the player and you can not stay in cover anymore
You say that as if it's a bad thing, but I think it's good, if the game is basically pushing/teaching you how to play it in the most fun way it allows for. Because mixing things up like that in Uncarted certainly beats just camping behind covers all the time.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say they probably also did this to alleviate the complaints about Drake killing so many enemies - because putting someone out of comission with punches and kicks is not going to kill them. It's the preferred way of fighting in the Indy movies, probably for the same reason.

legbone

damn, i can't believe my local gamestop isn't doing a midnight launch. i just spoke with the manager and she said they only had eight preorders. strange. does anyone know if walmart is selling the collector's edition. i just called and the girl at wally world said i could come in at midnight and get the game out of the back if it wasn't on the shelf yet (she pretty much stated it would not be on the shelf at midnight). she had no idea if they were selling the collector's edition or not and refused to look it up or go look. nice customer service btw. anyway, anyone know if they are selling the collector's edition?

kx11

Banned
i think the chapters after chapter 15 put UC2 to shame , the action is so freakin' intense you don't wanna hunt treasures

Wario64 said:
Wet clothes dude. I must have played the demo 25 times. I still think the flow of the story in DF was unmatched in any release since. Great pacing and lead up to the plot points just a great great adventure game.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
UC1's U-boat sequence, from reveal to
CAPTAIN
to escape is still one of my favourite moments of the generation.

But I have room in my heart for UC2 and UC3 as well.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Yeah, everything about and around u boat is so great. Beautiful location, maybe the best looking in the whole game, and it has some clever camera angles. Then at the end of it all, short but great scene with Elena

The Lamp

D2M15 said:
UC1's U-boat sequence, from reveal to
CAPTAIN
to escape is still one of my favourite moments of the generation.

But I have room in my heart for UC2 and UC3 as well.

UC1 has a very special place in my heart. UC2's globetrotting was fantastic, but the homey, intimate feeling I had with the island by the end of the game was something I don't usually experience in games.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Represent. said:
Im actually surprised at the amount of people in this midnight line up. Id say about 80 people.
I'm surprised how many gamestops in Canada ate open at midnight for this. It almost never happens for a ps3 game here. Usually it means they have enough preorders to do it. The one closest to me isn't open though :/

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Toki767 said:
Up to Chapter 10 on Crushing. I think I died more during Hard.
You know the gameplay mechanics well now, so Crushing won't be that difficult. I really don't know whether to start on normal or hard. :\

Top Bottom