• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 3 Spoilers Thread

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Tguy said:
Because he was going along with the joke. "haha, yeah, I may be from the circus, but you are the one behind bars. "
Well, you could interpret it that way to be true. However, judging from the way he said it I wouldn't say it's a joke. It would also have been a good explanation for his climbing skills (which is why I thought it's true).

TheExorzist said:
Well, you could interpret it that way to be true. However, judging from the way he said it I wouldn't say it's a joke. It would also have been a good explanation for his climbing skills (which is why I thought it's true).

it was a joke bro. I remember what you are referring to and it was just nate going along with the joke.

also sully not going to nepal has no relevance to what elena is saying. She is simply saying that hes willing to die for you, do anything for you if necessary. Its a figure of speech. Sully was willing to do anything for drake especially in this game because of how important the ring and the mission was to him ever since he was a little boy.

Domcorleone said:
also sully not going to nepal has no relevance to what elena is saying. She is simply saying that hes willing to die for you, do anything for you if necessary. Its a figure of speech. Sully was willing to do anything for drake especially in this game because of how important the ring and the mission was to him ever since he was a little boy.

Yeah, I can understand Sully helping him out here, since this quest had a history with both him and Nate. The Nepal thing was out of nowhere and I can see Sully bowing out due to not being 100% invested in it.

But other things you guys have said I think is why I felt like the game was slightly hollow compared to U2. In U2, all the setpieces flowed together within the story and were really awesome. In U3, it felt like Naughty Dog came up with the awesome setpieces, then threw together a story to pull all the setpieces together. I'm not gonna lie, the ship graveyard/boat chase/cruise liner part was actually pretty fun for me, but in terms of the story it felt like Rameses was just thrown in there just because they wanted to have that sequence.

About the tarot cards: I think in Cutter's journal Talbot was associated with the Magician card? I thought that was going to come into play later to explain why he could disappear at dead ends and the hypnosis/hallucination stuff. But the tarot card thing was just...dropped, which kind of bummed me out.

Finally, I think ND really dropped the ball with one sequence they could have had: the double-decker bus. When I saw the bus and they all got on it, I thought "this is gonna be awesome!" Maybe they didn't do it because they thought it would be seen as a rip-off of The Mummy movie? But a sequence with Drake fighting off guys trying to get on/take down the bus while Sully was driving down the road swerving around would have been awesome and completely within Uncharted standards. That part really gave me blue balls.

I liked that once the sandstorm hit, I was thinking it would be awesome to have a fight in the sandstorm. Then it happened and it was quite cool.

Maldoror

The spiders didn't get explained either, did they ?
And what's with Drake not being Nathan's real name ? I expected a little more on that subject since the game was advertised as being centered on Nathan's personnality and backstory.

I was pretty disappointed storywise overall, it's a good thing everything else was so impressive I didn't pay too much attention to the plot.

I watched the Comic-Con 2011 panel and during the QA someone asks Amy Hennig about what exactly happened between U1 and U2 to cause the rift Drake and Elena in Uncharted 2. That question led to her talking about her storytelling style which I found insightful. (I recommend you look it up in case my paraphrasing is off)

Basically, she doesn't like to spell everything out and likes to keep things open or unanswered. This allows the player to fill in the blanks, creating an interaction/dialogue of sorts.

She also noted that she knows some people don't care about the plot and just skip cutscenes so she doesn't feel like she should burden those people with lots of exposition.

For me, this explains a lot of the dropped plot elements and unanswered questions, whereas the character stuff is seen through. I really liked U3's ending from the latter's perspective. Replaying the game and getting to the 'finding the well' scene when Elena says, "Me? Me walk away. Haha, that's funny" you get that the subtext there that she's talking about their marriage/engagement.

That said, I (and I think many here) love the characters, intrigue, universe so much that we could've done with a bit more exposition and explanation. I personally wouldn't have minded some MGS length cutscenes :p

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Real question: When Talbot is shot towards the beginning how does he come back unscathed? Something is hinted at there that the rest of the game just lets dangle.

Fake question: Why the fuck did ND make this game so much darker, and pull out almost ALL the humor / lightheartedness? You get some at the very beginning, then all banter is gone. It sucks.

"Hey Drake - that's not even your real name! You're not related to Francis Drake at all! You latched onto him because it was an escapist fantasy to help you deal with the Boys Home you lived in."

"Hey Drake, you're estranged from your wife!"

"When you and Elena do meet up again, it's strained and there's almost none of the playfulness from U1 and U2."

"Hey Drake, even though Sully LIVES, it's pretty clear his adventuring days are either over or very nearly over."

"Hey Drake, your stubborness & ego are the ONLY things motivating you for most of this third adventure, and it nearly gets you and all your friends killed. You're kind of a jerk in this one."

...game is a downer, man. I've been thinking a lot about it, and I think I've finally nailed that this is why I don't like 3 as much as 2, even though the gameplay is as solid as ever. I kept asking myself "Why doesn't this feel as fun?"

It's because it's less fun seeing an exhausted Drake pass out in Elena's lap than it is to see them trading wisecracks. It's less fun seeing our titular hero exposed to the player by the villain as being FAR less special than we've been led to believe than it is to see him simply get outwitted by the villain.

The plot is just too dark... needed more levity.

GDJustin

GDJustin said:
Real question: When Talbot is shot towards the beginning how does he come back unscathed? Something is hinted at there that the rest of the game just lets dangle.

Fake question: Why the fuck did ND make this game so much darker, and pull out almost ALL the humor / lightheartedness? You get some at the very beginning, then all banter is gone. It sucks.

"Hey Drake - that's not even your real name! You're not related to Francis Drake at all! You latched onto him because it was an escapist fantasy to help you deal with the Boys Home you lived in."

"Hey Drake, you're estranged from your wife!"

"When you and Elena do meet up again, it's strained and there's almost none of the playfulness from U1 and U2."

"Hey Drake, even though Sully LIVES, it's pretty clear his adventuring days are either over or very nearly over."

"Hey Drake, your stubborness & ego are the ONLY things motivating you for most of this third adventure, and it nearly gets you and all your friends killed. You're kind of a jerk in this one."

...game is a downer, man. I've been thinking a lot about it, and I think I've finally nailed that this is why I don't like 3 as much as 2, even though the gameplay is as solid as ever. I kept asking myself "Why doesn't this feel as fun?"

It's because it's less fun seeing an exhausted Drake pass out in Elena's lap than it is to see them trading wisecracks. It's less fun seeing our titular hero exposed to the player by the villain as being FAR less special than we've been led to believe than it is to see him simply get outwitted by the villain.

The plot is just too dark... needed more levity.

Final point -

Compare the "low points" for Drake in both the second and third games.

In two, Drake has been shot and left for dead. You still get little bits like "That's my blood - that's a lot of my blood." He has fight in him, still.

But in three, after wandering in circles in the desert, he FINALLY finds a well only for the water to be undrinkable. What does Drake have to say? "It's undrinkable!"

Ehh... I dunno.

GDJustin

Plot holes:

1) - Spiders? Wat? Why? And the same ones appear in Yemen as well as... France? Ok.

2) - Talbot is shot but then is fine. Also, he disappears from a dead end.

- Possible explanation: Cutter hallucinated it. Talbot then used his "mad spy skills" to escape. It's lame as hell that this happens AROUND THE CORNER from Drake & Co. by the way. Very lazy... seems like ND might have changed this sequence around a bit late in the process.

3) - Francis Drake hid all evidence of his journey. Nathan Drake spends his entire life piecing together the clues and finally cracks the code by solving puzzles in U3. Oh... but Salim seems to know exactly where he's going.

A) It's not a plot hole but it's lazy storytelling that after the Ramses section he WASHES UP ON SHORE of the same goddamn city Elena is in. WAT. They couldn't have the sequence end with him stealing a lifeboat or something? Jesus.

B) Salim in general is another example of lazy storytelling. He swoops in literally and figuratively out of nowhere not once but twice to save the day. Ehhhh....

arne

Wario64 said:
JdG2s.jpg

I see your screenshot and raise you a photo (from when i was in Wadi Rum)

20111004_Europe_press_tour_0001.jpg

jett

D-Member
GDJustin said:
Plot holes:

1) - Spiders? Wat? Why? And the same ones appear in Yemen as well as... France? Ok.

2) - Talbot is shot but then is fine. Also, he disappears from a dead end.

- Possible explanation: Cutter hallucinated it. Talbot then used his "mad spy skills" to escape. It's lame as hell that this happens AROUND THE CORNER from Drake & Co. by the way. Very lazy... seems like ND might have changed this sequence around a bit late in the process.

3) - Francis Drake hid all evidence of his journey. Nathan Drake spends his entire life piecing together the clues and finally cracks the code by solving puzzles in U3. Oh... but Salim seems to know exactly where he's going.

A) It's not a plot hole but it's lazy storytelling that after the Ramses section he WASHES UP ON SHORE of the same goddamn city Elena is in. WAT. They couldn't have the sequence end with him stealing a lifeboat or something? Jesus.

B) Salim in general is another example of lazy storytelling. He swoops in literally and figuratively out of nowhere not once but twice to save the day. Ehhhh....

I thought Salim was gonna end up being like part of another super secret society trusted to defend the secret of the lost city(just like the guys from Indy 3 actually), but no, LOL. Just a sheik passing by. It's also kinda funny how similar the endgame is to UC2. Not just the Shambala deja-vu. Even the convoy chase...I mean, you literally just did the same thing near the end of UC2, jumping from truck to truck. Okay so it's horse to truck now, but really, I can't be the only one that thought of UC2 there.

There's little say other than I agree with your post and I've brought up many of those points before. Lots of plot holes. It leads me to believe UC3 had a somewhat rushed schedule and things were cut and shuffled around and not given the proper care to make sense. I refuse to believe the whole cruise liner episode was meant to be random filler like that from the beginning, I bet it was somehow tied into the overall plot but they just dropped it for lack of time.

creid

Was really, really, really disappointed that "Drake's Deception" had nothing to do with Nathan Drake. Unless you count the "not his real name" thing, which is useless because it was literally my first guess when all of the marketing started to indicate that Drake had a secret.

Ultimately I have to say I was disappointed with the game...and I can't believe that. The set pieces like the whole plane sequence (including the fight to the plane( we're awesome. When Drake was flying through the air and caught onto that box, my jaw dropped. I LOVED the entire ship graveyard/cruise ship sequence from a gameplay point of view-it was so much fun to figure out a way to take down all those enemies.

But the story was really lacking. When I saw the promo introducing Marlowe I was excited because she seemed like she was going to be a really classy, refined villian...and her facial animations and voice were incredible...but ultimately there was nothing to her. They really needed to focus more on the villains motivations and the Drake/cult story because it really seemed thin and flimsy.

And yeah, a lot of the end set pieces were almost homages to U2 with the convoy trucks and the Lost City reveal...

My favorite parts were the "puzzle" battles where you have to figure our a way to take everyone down without getting killed..like the shipyard. I loved that stuff.

Twix

GDJustin said:

The sense of humor is still there, but it became more natural and well-balanced. I'm replaying UC2 now and I'm finding some of those meant-to-be-humorous lines kinda silly and forced.

I like how ND handled this point, the game overall shows high level of maturity.

gdt

There are a lot of plot holes in regards to the villains, but they handled Nate, Sully, Elena, etc so well that it almost doesn't phase me.

gdt

Alsooooooooooo, I think it might have been...hmm...better (?) to have Sully die at the end. Would have been a great ending, and a real twist for Nate, seeing as how everyone warned him the whole game. His obsession got his best friend/father killed. That was what he was thinking about during his whole hallucination fighting the djinn, and those thought are what moved him to change at the end, in regards to Elena and his lifestyle.

In UC4 (if thats next, this could be a good place to end it, storywise), Nate needs to be pulled into conflict, instead of him seeking. Bad guy is gonna do some bad shit, wants Nate to do something, steals his kid, etc etc etc.

LaneDS

Good points by GDJustin. A lot of those things added up to me left feeling unfulfilled by the plot of the game. And while the gameplay in these games is good to great, I think I most enjoy it for the characters. So a disappointing story bothered me more than some of my other issues with the game.

Still really enjoyed it, just not as much as I hoped I would.

jett said:
I thought Salim was gonna end up being like part of another super secret society trusted to defend the secret of the lost city(just like the guys from Indy 3 actually), but no, LOL. Just a sheik passing by. It's also kinda funny how similar the endgame is to UC2. Not just the Shambala deja-vu. Even the convoy chase...I mean, you literally just did the same thing near the end of UC2, jumping from truck to truck. Okay so it's horse to truck now, but really, I can't be the only one that thought of UC2 there.

There's little say other than I agree with your post and I've brought up many of those points before. Lots of plot holes. It leads me to believe UC3 had a somewhat rushed schedule and things were cut and shuffled around and not given the proper care to make sense. I refuse to believe the whole cruise liner episode was meant to be random filler like that from the beginning, I bet it was somehow tied into the overall plot but they just dropped it for lack of time.

i honestly didnt care that is was the convoy again, it was far better implemented than U2. you had more freedom via the horse than in U2. It looked better too. And when he washed up on shore i just assumed that Elena was try to find him and found out where he was. the thing that disappointed me was sully not dying and how under used marlowe was. ND cant make meaningful villains for this series. All the main characters steal the show. For the next uncharted I would like them to make it a bit more open in terms of platforming, and have a more central location for the adventure to take place instead of moving location to location, that causes plot holes and silliness to occur.

I liked a lot the story, but I feel that there are some parts of the plot that needed more continuity. The pirate guy should have appeared before, maybe helping Marlo to catch you in Yemen. Being witness of a conversation of Marlo about Sully knowing the position of the lost city, and then Marlo ordering him to kill Drake.

That will link better the scene between Yemen and the pirate home.

Also, instead of ending in the sea with a piece of wood and awakening in the Yemen beach (it was too lucky shot), it should have been better to find a boat, and show Drake going with the boat to the coast.

I beat the game early today and while I thought it was great, I was a bit disappointed and it's not like I was really hyped for the game.

My issues were mainly that by the time Elena helps you get onto that cargo plane, everything basically happens the exact same as Uncharted 2 when you get on the train or at least I felt that way. It just felt like deja vu from that point to the end. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Also, the game simply just isn't as polished as Uncharted 2 and the pacing feels off in the beginning as well.

a lot of Uncharted 3 reminded me of Uncharted 2.. the enemies appearing from all directions really pissed me off but in the end i guess it was ok, still isn't better than 2

Dilli666

As Last Crusade being favorite movie I just can't ignore all the similarities:
Salim being a mix of Sallah and Kazim. Riding to rescue Indys Father/Sully and knowing where the grail/Sandlantis is located.
The whole desert action scene reminds of the tank scene in LC.
At the end where Marlow is fetched by quicksand it feels like a 1:1 to the scene where Elsa Schneider is about to fall in the deep.
Sure Uncharted was always inspired by the Indy movies but this time it's nearly to clear ;)

For the last chapters I had hoped for a more clear mythological aspect as in the first two games. The drug trip didn't do it for me and the mummified guy in France pushed my hopes up for something spider related...

The most outstanding aspect of the game were the perspective effects/puzzles. I haven't seen this in games before and can only imagine how great they will be on 3d hardware. The puzzle with the mechanical body parts and the inverted masks of the statues blow me away :)

Glassboy

The collectors edition strategy guide seems to think that Drake and Elena were married. "They actually got married after the events of Among Thieves. The revelation is perhaps a little subtle, but's its there: when Nate says, "You're still wearing it," (referring to her ring), Elena's blunt response to Nate's observation ("It helps in this part of the world. Seriously, don't flatter yourself.") makes it clear that it is a wedding band, which she uses to deter aspirant suitors."

8/10 indeed.

I am so disappointed after finishing it. Disappointed because the bar that has been set with U2:AT was obviously too high, but disappointed none the less.

The core gameplay was absolutly the same to me, haven't felt a difference in aiming, traversal or anything else. The extended melee system is a welcome addition, but the fights with the big brawlers always work out in the same way.

My biggest gripes are with the pacing and, which is surprising, the story. A lot already mentioned that we are being teased with more information around the characters, but it always remains just a tease. The amount of questions left open is quite staggering. What's up with these spiders? Why does Marlowe know more about Drake than the friggin player who has known him for 4 years? Why did Sully even bother caring about Nate? And what's up with Talbot?

Looking back on U3:DD I really think ND was quite sloppy this time around. Especially the last chapters, were riddled with bugs in cutscenes. Characters not being in place, sound dropping and texture/skybox glitches. Considering how short these chapters are (and how storywise, disappointing) one can't shake the feeling that the game was rushed.

Other things I disliked? Jumping from truck to truck just like in U2:AT. And just like in U2:AT ND spoiled the best setpieces in Sony Conferences (collapsing building/cargo plane/yacht) and unfortunatly.. there aren't any other setpieces as big as these. Enemys being able to throw grenades more precise and longer than NFL star quarterbacks.
Having the whole supernatural part happening in Drake's druginduced brain only ( yeah I'm one of the few who likes to see this stuff), and the quite anticlimactic Djinn scene.

U3:DD is a great game held back by bad choices taken from ND in terms of story and design. The core elements, the gunplay, the melee and the puzzles, are just as solid as in U2:AT.

jett

D-Member
Glassboy said:
The collectors edition strategy guide seems to think that Drake and Elena were married. "They actually got married after the events of Among Thieves. The revelation is perhaps a little subtle, but's its there: when Nate says, "You're still wearing it," (referring to her ring), Elena's blunt response to Nate's observation ("It helps in this part of the world. Seriously, don't flatter yourself.") makes it clear that it is a wedding band, which she uses to deter aspirant suitors."

Well yeah, didn't you notice Sully giving Drake his wedding band at the end? :p

Carl

Wondering the same things as lots of others i.e. Talbot surviving the bullet and disappearing from a dead end. Also, Nate and the gang going mysteriously deaf when Talbot appears with Cutter.

Also, the title. Can't for the life of me work out where the deception is? Maybe just me being thick...

I love love loved chapter 2. Needs an entire game.

creid

Carl said:
Wondering the same things as lots of others i.e. Talbot surviving the bullet and disappearing from a dead end. Also, Nate and the gang going mysteriously deaf when Talbot appears with Cutter.

Also, the title. Can't for the life of me work out where the deception is? Maybe just me being thick...

I love love loved chapter 2. Needs an entire game.
Drake deceived the Queen, telling her he never found the city. I think you're excused for missing it, as it's referring to the Drake that nobody cares about.

jett

D-Member
creid said:
Drake deceived the Queen, telling her he never found the city. I think you're excused for missing it, as it's referring to the Drake that nobody cares about.

Frankly the story was moderately poorly presented by series standards. It's for sure the weakest game in the series in that aspect, I can't see how anyone can say otherwise.

linzin

Neo Member
I agree with the impressions here. They really, really obviously came up with a bunch of set pieces and threw it all together on a wall, hoping it would stick. The most egregious here, of course, was the shipyard. Blatant exercise in, look at our water effects and boat rocking! Which was cool for what it is, to be sure. But it just feels like so much less effort put in polishing the experience up compared to UC2. The villains sucked ass. The way the game just scrolls through sidekicks (Chloe/Charlie, then Elena, then randomass sheikh dude) smacks of laziness.

I feel like a lot of it is just ND biting off more than they can chew. They're trying to do too much and as a byproduct, even the things they were legit good at (simulating an enjoyable Indiana Jones flick) suffered. Don't expend energy on a melee system that will never be as good as the one you're ripping off. Put that energy into better shooting controls or "traversal" controls. Put it into wrapping up threads that you've left dangling. The lovingly built environments should be integrated into better damn level design.

Eh. It's not that I didn't enjoy UC3. It just seemed like a regression, which was disappointing.

iNvid02

So U2 is still the best game in the series, but what comes next, U3 or U1.
I haven't played the original in a long time so can't really judge.

The aiming and repetitiveness really hurt this one, shame

jett

D-Member
iNvidious01 said:
So U2 is still the best game in the series, but what comes next, U3 or U1.
I haven't played the original in a long time so can't really judge.

The aiming and repetitiveness really hurt this one, shame

I haven't replayed UC1 in a really long time, but at the moment I'd put UC1 over it. Gameplay-aside, it just has a much more charming and better developed story.

Also, honestly, Chloe and Elena made better sidekicks than Sully in the previous games.

Carl

creid said:

Oh, i see. Well, that was explained well *cough*

Guevara

Desert looked even better than RDR, which I would have thought impossible this gen.

I'm a little disappointed we spent only about 3 chapters in the desert, based on the cover art etc. I expected more like half the game to take place in amazing desert environs.

LProtag

I liked it a lot.

Especially all the homages to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The bit with the protagonist as a kid at the beginning. Attempting to save a father/father figure from a convoy traveling through the desert.

Thought they implemented those great without coming off like a total ripoff.

Dilli666 said:
As Last Crusade being favorite movie I just can't ignore all the similarities:
Salim being a mix of Sallah and Kazim. Riding to rescue Indys Father/Sully and knowing where the grail/Sandlantis is located.
The whole desert action scene reminds of the tank scene in LC.
At the end where Marlow is fetched by quicksand it feels like a 1:1 to the scene where Elsa Schneider is about to fall in the deep.
Sure Uncharted was always inspired by the Indy movies but this time it's nearly to clear
Yes! I also felt that the game's opening had homages to the first 3(/all :p) Indiana Jones movies:
Bar fight = Raiders.
Drake in a tuxedo = Temple of Doom.
Flashback as a teen = Last Crusade.

Guevara said:
I'm a little disappointed we spent only about 3 chapters in the desert, based on the cover art etc. I expected more like half the game to take place in amazing desert environs.
This was the most disappointing thing for me about U3. The way Drake walked away from the plane and into all the sand dunes in the first trailer along with the concept art for the game got me really excited about the different possibilities the game could break away from the typical formula. Sure, it is a desert, but they could've done something special here with an open environment, mirages, and what not. Instead it's basically a 10 minute cutscene with limited control. Plus, once you somewhere interesting (the deserted city) it's back to the standard shooting gameplay again.

AngryMoth

Ok, so I just finished about an hour ago. Going to try get out some of my thoughts.

My high level analysis would be that the high points are way beyond anything from U2, but there are also bigger slumps. I can't believe I'm saying this about an Uncharted game, but I actually think they really slipped up with the pacing. There's a huge contrast between the first and second half of the game. The first few hours are incredible, and the story is really strong through out the first 12 chapters, but for me things really started to drag gameplay wise in Syria. Conversely, the second half of the game is fairly light on story, but the amazing set pieces come think and fast, to the point where I had to take a break because it was so exhausting.

If the cruise ship level was swapped around with Syria the pacing might have been perfect for me, although I have no idea what they could have done with the story to fit that ordering.

I don't want to give the impression that I didn't enjoy it though. The chase sequences are fucking incredible. The Talbot chase in particular is probably my favourite part of the game, tied with the end of the cruise ship level. I couldn't believe what was happening when you're hanging on the chandelier and the giant window starts to crack. That might be the most incredible moment in any game ever.

I really wish they'd done more with the desert stuff. Sometimes it would cut to the next sequence when I really wanted to just keep wandering through the desert. Also there are so many interesting places they could have gone with the mirage stuff. Definitely one of my favourite chapters but I just wish it had been longer.

I think I'd sum up the game by saying that its way more ambitious than the second game, and for the most part it delivers, but in general the game feels less polished. Maybe they could have used a few more months. Still its the best game I've played this year aside from Portal 2. An amazing experience.

Majine

Banned
I think towards the end, it feels like UC2 all over again. Ancient city, gets destroyed, bossfight, gtfo outta there. And, I think I liked The look of Shambala more.

Best quote in the game: Sully: "This is why we can't have nice things!"

Patapwn

I disagree with many of these so called 'plot holes'. The shipyard was necessary as it explains how Nate escaped and survived getting captured by marlow. Without the section, you'd of had a real plot hole. And the fact that he washed up ashore near the city is just evident that the shipyard wasn't far from the location.

And salim knowing about the city is just a case of a native ruler keeping shit under wraps. He thinks that the city is evil and that dijin will be unleashed or something...

The spiders could have been explained though... in the study room at the beginning of the game, perhaps there's a document that give an explanation? There was a spider in a jar actually... I'll have to look next time.

And I'm somewhat happy that 'magic' wasn't the final answer in the game. It was better than blue people and zombies from U1 and 2 IMO.

Bollocks

The only thing that really bothers me is that they enter Iram as if it's just another ordinary place.
No secret switch no nothing, for something that is supposedly so powerful and mysterious that is weak.
Anyone could have found it.

linzin

Neo Member
Patapwn said:
I disagree with many of these so called 'plot holes'. The shipyard was necessary as it explains how Nate escaped and survived getting captured by marlow. Without the section, you'd of had a real plot hole. And the fact that he washed up ashore near the city is just evident that the shipyard wasn't far from the location.

And salim knowing about the city is just a case of a native ruler keeping shit under wraps. He thinks that the city is evil and that dijin will be unleashed or something...

The spiders could have been explained though... in the study room at the beginning of the game, perhaps there's a document that give an explanation? There was a spider in a jar actually... I'll have to look next time.

And I'm somewhat happy that 'magic' wasn't the final answer in the game. It was better than blue people and zombies from U1 and 2 IMO.

*facepalm* ...how about NOT having Marlowe turn Nate over to some random pirate for no reason?

Magic wasn't the answer in UC1 either.

Patapwn said:

But there is no real reason of why Marlow give Drake to a random pirate. It lack some kind of cinematic about what is the relationship of Marlow with the pirates, and Marlow ordering the pirates to take away and execute Drake.

Ship graveyard is the best part of the entire game. It is a perfect location to play out the gunfights anyway you want. It's brilliant design.

The ending kind of sucked and really didn't explain anything. I though Talbot was going to be a mummy, but he just absorbs bullets then?

Bollocks

Also why does Talbot seemingly look like Drake? The resemblance is uncanny.
They could have designed him any way they want, yet went with a design that begs this question.
There must also be more to Marlowe, she brought up his childhood and that Drake isn't his real name in case these allegations weren't true he would have said something, there's no logical reason to not object. She also knows Sully from way back, her character shares to many memories with them to be killed of that easily.
Also at the end when you shot Talbot there is no blood whatsoever

At the start of the game I really thought that Sully would die, the way they introduced him, as father, special bond and so on I really thought they where going the dramatic route.

Majine

Banned
I hope that if they make an Uncharted 4, that they take another year of development (because apparently the 2y cycle is pretty rough on them) and make it even more beautiful, smarter and engaging, maybe for the PS4. I know they can do it, and chock people again, like they did with 2.

LProtag

I feared for Sully and Cutter's life a few times in the game. When you see Nathan and Sully's backstory and people keep bringing up how he's getting too old but will still follow Drake anywhere that clearly raised some flags. Then just getting to know Cutter and seeing him as the sort of 4th man funny new guy that automatically raises the death flag. Then they give both of them death scares.

Hell, they make you think Sully is dead. I was legit shocked/pissed and during that chapter there was an amazing feeling of immersion into the gameplay. Everything just came naturally as I was chasing down Talbot and gunning down tons of people with total malice. It was great.

Top Bottom