• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Naughty Dog) Shown - 2015

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
14386293992_6498b24bb8_o.jpg

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Visually it looks fantastic, if they can pull off actual gameplay visuals as close as they have with TLOU and U3, then it is going to look simply awesome.

Graphics looked nice, but not showing actual gameplay was a massive fail.

The game is likely to be out at the end of 2015 like previous releases in the series, so we're looking at near enough year and half till release. Like every other late 2015 or later games announced at E3 so far they are unlikely to be in a good enough form to show publicly, which is why we have only had non-gameplay trailers for these games.

Yes. Holy shit yes. The detail on Drake's face, I thought it was CG at first my god.

I love the title, and the creepy vibes. God damn.

f@luS

More than a member.
And people including me were doubting fo this gen visual. Holy shit. Year +2 game. Praise NG. Holy shit

All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. That’s Nathan Drake rendered in 1080p full glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3.

The next generation of Nathan Drake will explore what it means when Drake is forced back into the world of thieves. He will embark on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. It’s his greatest adventure yet and will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he’s willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.
wow

Twist is Drake has been a ghost the whole time. If you replay the games he hardly interacts with anyone directly.

...except the thousands he shot.

Uncharted 4: Sully Dies
(For real this time)

Useless tease, really. Indicated to me that they have very little done yet and therefore can't give away / show anything. Terrible way to end the conference.

Given ND's dev cycles, if the game is out in 2015, it's very unlikely they have very little done. They only needed a tease - why give away more than you need to ahead of time if the mere existence of the game is enough to get people hyped?

nero2082

that moment when Nate's face moved a bit - I realized that it wasn't real actor and this fact floored me

jesus christ it's unreal what they're doing

So what's all this about PC master race?
Assuming that is in-engine that is the best looking game character I've ever seen. It makes the Witcher 3 look last gen.

The trailer was dumb. It had no point. Sure the visuals were great but we don't know if in engine or in real time, we all know Uncharted's cutscenes looked better than actual gameplay

You be quiet. Nothing will happen to her. Nothing better happen.

Not like I want it to happen.

But the trailers makes it seems so bleak. I'd be OK if all three went out in a blaze of glory. No here for one or two of them making it out without the other(s). The trio needs to be intact.

Chole can go tho

More in the vein of the first Uncharted? If so I'll be really happy. Looks great, wonder how it'll do when you're actually doing things.

Such a long pause before the Naughty Dog logo. So much hype.

Naughty Dog doesn't CG. This is it. This is the generation where games look real.

gconsole

What kind of question is that? it's freaking NAUGHTY DOG man.

2014-06-1004_54_39-un2jqma.png

BpvIa-iCEAMhPQ9.jpg:large

It doesnt mean anything. You can capture a CG trailer direcrly from PS4. Funny is normally when it comes to realtime graphic they should have mentioned this is a realtime running on PS4. Just like other demo.

Xemnas89

Really wish it showed some gameplay but even still the visual quality was insane. If it looks that good or at least close to that in game then I'll be amazed.

MattyG

Banned
I love the title and the look of the game.

I'm a little sad that they're making it sound like the series is ending though, or at least a character (Nate or Sully) is getting killed off.

Top Bottom