• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (Naughty Dog) Shown - 2015

Aces&Eights

Sweet Jesus it's going to be a loooooong ass year waiting for this game. I can't remember the last time I saw a ND teaser that didn't end up looking pretty much identical to the actual game play. This game is going to be insane. That facial animation was out of this world. The minor facial muscles twitching, the textures, holy crap.

Also, LBP3! Fuck yeah!

Definitely love the series but we didn't see much. The show losing so much momentum sort of mellowed me out on any excitement gah. :/

Also,
Uncharted 2, Drake in trouble in the snow, how did he get here, what's next?
Uncharted 3, Drake in trouble in the desert, how did he get here, what's next?
Uncharted 4, Drake in trouble in the jungle, how did he get here, what's next?

I love Uncharted I'm just making fun.

AlphaK

The thing about this teaser is that i have no doubt that ND will be able to pull this off.

I was sitting there waiting for a crosshair to pop up, that would've killed everything.

never in hell was that realtime

Real time

All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3.

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/uncharted_4_a_thiefs_end_2014_e3_trailer/

khaaan

You know, I wanted another Uncharted game featuring a wise cracking Drake and his band of merry men but after seeing a darker tone...I dig it.

He should still pop off cheeky lines though.

gruenel

Drake looks like absolutely shit (health-wise)

uate0ol0b.png

Also, did it give anyone Uncharted 1 vibes? A big green vibrant jungle? Possible a hint that it's all going to take place in a single location?

Thankfully no, from naughtydog.com:
Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey

Also, those gfx at 1080p60? Goddamn.

elfinke

Looked tremendous. As long as they really properly end the story of Drake and/or friends, I'm on board. I don't care for no Uncharted: Judgement style prolonging of this story.

orioto

Good Art™
Naughty Dog never CGs

They don't CGs but they prerendered in TLOU.

There will be different lods anyway, i can buy this model being the cut scene version (even in real time).

Now those environments, with big areas, wow.. But i mean Uncharted was kinda magical on PS3 right..

Also look at the water effect when he stand up. It's definitely not cgi water.

Wait wait wait wait, did they say they're targeting 1080p/60fps?

But GAF, you fucking told me that it would bring the game to PS3 level graphics! And... and.. you said you won't get DAORDERFILMIC 1920x800/30FPS VISUALS!

YOU LIED GUYS!!

If that is ingame (not just in engine) then wow.

If it isn't, they still beat the uncanny valley for virtual humans
1.13-1.20 looks 100 percent real

Top Bottom