• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Trailer runs in-engine, in-game, in realtime on a single PS4 at 1080p60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saberus

And the 360 then? Also saw gigantic graphical leap in its lifetime.

PS4 has tricks up its sleeve like gpgpu, it has 8 ACEs for 64 compute jobs, games haven't really taken advantages of compute yet, doubt any of these will be fully exploited anytime soon.

I believe second son used compute often.

bombshell

POfI2Ck.gif

0aevGisl.png

Rising_Hei

You just made it seem they're the only ones pushing the envelope, and not devs like ND or GG. As far as I can see ND has managed to render a scene in real time at 1080p60 that far exceeds anything we've seen, and on a 2TF console with a tablet CPU. Of course they figured out new shit.

I believe that Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 had plenty of rendering innovations, so i don't know why would anyone doubt UC4 does that as well

Carn82

Nobody will optimize for 10TF cards. All that power will go to uber res, AA or rendering in VR mode. They will "Brute force the envelope". ND are pioneering new rendering techniques here, no doubt.

Well, there will come a time when raytracing becomes feasible. But still, if only a percentage of your user base can run that stuff it's more probabable that a lot of pc devs will just crank up the stuff we already know, as usual.

This isn't true... right? Everyone collaborated to make up this lie, and they're all lying. Everyone.

Because if not....I can't....
how are ND so good? Also, Praise The Cern.

CronoShot

It's fairly impressive even as a cutscene, but it would be infinitely more impressive if it cut to gameplay with this fidelity.

Can't wait to see it.

t_wilson01

Actually it may be somewhat different.
UC4 can be the maximum of graphics in this generation reached on the second year of it's existence. This is because of PS4 being very easy to work with and having almost no bottlenecks which devs should learn to avoid.

The PS1 was referred as being an easy to develop for system and the games still improved tremendously throughout its life cycle.

Mo'fuggin ballin.

The cap is a bit off centered, but that looks great.

I never said it was never feasible. It may have been done before, but I've never even seen it in a single game or trailer so it's extremely rare at best. If you know some nice 1080p 60 fps CG give some examples, I love good CG.
You said that the fact it was 60fps proved that it wasn't CG. Your statement was simply incorrect. If that proved anything, this thread wouldn't exist, the discussion would be completely different.

KageMaru

Ho

Lee

Shitbuckets.

Even considering it's a cut-scene, those graphics are amazingly impressive. Mad kudos to ND for this accomplishment.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Wait a minute...does this mean we can also finally get a God of War game at 60?

Certainly the bar for linear action/adventure games is being raised here. Maybe a little unfair but I'm looking for 1080p/60 from WWS after this point. Guerilla and Santa Monica especially have to step up.

Looks incredible.

But I have my doubts that kind of fidelity will possible when those polys are spread from the ground you stand on to the mountains in the distance.

Even so, in my opinion this demo is groundbreaking for gaming.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Certainly the bar for linear action/adventure games is being raised here. Maybe a little unfair but I'm looking for 1080p/60 from WWS after this point.
Me too. If ND pulls it off for the full game then my expectations for every other developer just skyrocketed.

After last year, I doubt any publisher wants their game near that crap.

I think it'll just depend on whether or not it's a TV broadcast or web broadcast. As some were saying last year, there's no incentive for big publishers to put their games on the show if it's just a web broadcast. Any of those publishers can set date for their game to unveil it on the web and have the full attention be on them instead of multiple studios. But if it's on TV then that'll give them the opportunity to potentially reach a new audience.

Deadstar

Yeah so as cool as this sounds, nothing else we have seen on any system has anything with graphics that compare to these. So I'm not sure how this is possible. Everything we've seen so far seems really nice but nowhere near the leap this is. Take Infamous for example, it looks fantastic and couldn't be done on the ps3, but this uncharted footage seems like one step above that. I just don't see how. I really hope so but I have to be skeptical.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
That...is pretty damned impressive.

Its hard to imagine the game will actually look that good while playing it...but then again it is Naughty God.

Yeah so as cool as this sounds, nothing else we have seen on any system has anything with graphics that compare to these. So I'm not sure how this is possible. Everything we've seen so far seems really nice but nowhere near the leap this is. Take Infamous for example, it looks fantastic and couldn't be done on the ps3, but this uncharted footage seems like one step above that. I just don't see how. I really hope so but I have to be skeptical.

Naughty Dog
New rendering techniques
Team ICE
Naughty Dog

vpance

I believe that Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 had plenty of rendering innovations, so i don't know why would anyone doubt UC4 does that as well

Exactly. You don't even have to check out their dev sessions to find out anyways, the proof is in the pudding.

Well, there will come a time when raytracing becomes feasible. But still, if only a percentage of your user base can run that stuff it's more probabable that a lot of pc devs will just crank up the stuff we already know, as usual.

Every major dev being on consoles means that will always be the baseline. Of course extra TF from PCs can be applied to various effects or increasing IQ but at the end of the day only what console devs like ND can pull off really impresses me.

Phlebas

Banned
Its Naughty Dog and they have Corrinne Yu, I don't think ND risk a PR hit to lie to us now.

Naughty Dog
New rendering techniques
Team ICE
Naughty Dog

Carn82

Every major dev being on consoles means that will always be the baseline. Of course extra TF from PCs can be applied to various effects or increasing IQ but at the end of the day only what console devs like ND can pull off really impresses me.

Same here :)

Dinjooh

Yea but then you have to realize how different kind of games these two are.

If you look back at their best efforts on PS3 which i'd say was U3 and inFamous 2. U3 looks way way way better than inFamous 2 - Why wouldn't the same happen on PS4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom