• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted Golden Abyss (PSVita) Hands-on previews [Update: Gameplay Video]

RooMHM

Amir0x said:
all that automated hand-holding platforming?

they should have changed that.

The reactions of people over graphics are enough to understand what people expect. Interesting gameplay? Who gives a shit?!
I mean, the gameplay looks more casual than anything i saw related to Uncharted (which isnt very hardcore from the beginning).

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
RooMHM said:
The reactions of people over graphics are enough to understand what people expect. Interesting gameplay? Who gives a shit?!
I mean, the gameplay looks more casual than anything i saw related to Uncharted (which isnt very hardcore from the beginning).
wtf man wtf.

RooMHM said:

Who says everyone commenting on the graphics gives a damn about the game?
I'm impressed by how good the game looks, suggesting other more interesting games can look like this too.

Doesn't mean I want the uncharted game (I don't).

I wish we'd see an extreme G game (not possible anymore) and hope we 'll see a rollcage game and/or some awesome platformers on it.
Ys games have great gameplay and I can't wait for the next one to come out on NGP.

Apath

StuBurns said:
Excellent points, I really have no informed information about the 'handheld' demographic in regards to use, it seems like size would be a negative, but I really can't say.
The size of the device is a definite negative in my view, but whether or not the advantages of having a large 5" OLED make up for it not remains to be seen. I will have to try it out before I decide whether I'm for or against the large form-factor.

I'll buy it regardless (assuming it isn't horrifically priced).
RooMHM said:
It looks like Uncharted. Going off of this -- as well as what we know from interviews -- it will play like Uncharted. If it were a completely new IP/game, I could understand, but it's something we're already familiar with.

JVIDICAN

chemicals said:
You know what would be a good name for a Sony portable? PSP (Playstation Portable) -

what??

oh my bad. Already happened. Who else here thinks that the graphics and features of NGP will not matter and it will never even come close to the sales of whatever Nintendo handheld is out there at the time NGP launches?

Let's all face the facts.. the NGP could wipe your ass and make a martini, and it STILL won't sell well enough to compete.
Does it have to sell more than the 3DS to be relevant? I personally don't think so. As long as it does well enough to get continued developer support, I'll be happy. It already has a great lineup and as long as it's priced right It'll do fine in sales.
:/

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Callibretto said:
all touchscreen/gyro control are optional except for some puzzle elements. climbing/grenades/swinging/1st person aiming using touch and motion are optional. puzzles like scratching 4 pieces of maps and then rearranging them to make a complete maps are only playable with touch.
Thank god. Thanks for clearing that up!

Top Bottom